What's new

Chris Hardwick

Let me be blunt with you.

I can't tell the difference between the new bluntness and the former non-bluntness.

She was not forced to have sex with him based on what she said.

She told him on various evenings that she did not want to have sex, he bullied her emotionally until she gave in, and he entered her while she was crying from the abuse, even joking about the tears later.

She was given an option, which she was aware of when she started dating him, and she chose to do it. He’s wrong for doing it, but he didn’t do anything illegal. I’ll repeat, he was upfront with how their relationship would be and she agreed to it. Does she get completely absolved for that?

Thank goodness we have a man in here reminding us that it's the woman's fault for being raped.

Since we are being blunt: I don't recall you mentioning anything she needs to be absolved of. Before we discuss whether to absolve her, do your homework and tell us something she actually did that was wrong, and she needs absolution for.

That’s clearly not true.

She got him fired. Shes gotten revenge. She’s gotten more attention (positive and negative) than she’s ever gotten in her life, and most of the attention is positive.

To say that she’s getting nothing but negative from this is crazy.

Take a look at this board. The posters with negative opinions are outrunning the positive by about 2-1. That's what women who come forward can expect.

Getting Hardwick fired gains her nothing. Revenge gains her nothing. You are painting her as hugely vindictive and holding a grudge for 5 years over a break-up with someone, even though she's dated many other people since. You are assigning her the meanest of motives for no reason other than it makes you feel better about things.

Chloe will get nothing but this but scorn from ignorant people who don't understand what abuse means or does. She has nothing to gain.

Again, neither you nor me knows the truth. We both can decide given the information which side to support and we can agree to disagree. I do not believe Chloe, period.

Take a look at this board. The posters with negative opinions are outrunning the positive by about 2-1. That's what women who come forward can expect.

Getting Hardwick fired gains her nothing. Revenge gains her nothing. You are painting her as hugely vindictive and holding a grudge for 5 years over a break-up with someone, even though she's dated many other people since. You are assigning her the meanest of motives for no reason other than it makes you feel better about things.

Lmao. “Women who come forward.”

He was so mean that she didn’t break up with him. And he was so mean that she caved and had sex with him. And she of course only made this public once he dumped her for cheating on him. Cry me a ****ing river. Bullied lmao. Is this ****ing middle school? High school? And by the way, this is so criminal an act, the police have of course arrested the dude. What’s that? They haven’t you say? Really? I’m shocked. Write4Poo, take your garbage elsewhere.

Again, neither you nor me knows the truth. We both can decide given the information which side to support and we can agree to disagree. I do not believe Chloe, period.

Agreed. I can choose to be on the side that believes victims, you can choose to be on the side that disbelieves victims, and nothing can force us to change that. However, I will not agree that disbelieving victims is morally equivalent to believing them.

Lmao. “Women who come forward.”

Yeah, I believe you do laugh at women who come forward.

Wes Mantooth said:
He was so mean that she didn’t break up with him.

Except, she did. Hardwick's own text acknowledges that.

Wes Mantooth said:
And he was so mean that she caved and had sex with him.

Yeah. Do you also make your wife cry before you have sex?

Wes Mantooth said:
And she of course only made this public once he dumped her for cheating on him.

Except, she broke up with him, and that happened several years ago. Your entire narrative is fictional.

Wes Mantooth said:
Cry me a ****ing river. Bullied lmao. Is this ****ing middle school? High school? And by the way, this is so criminal an act, the police have of course arrested the dude. What’s that? They haven’t you say? Really? I’m shocked.

I believe you are so secluded in your worldview that you think men are usually arrested even after a formal charge of rape. However, this is not true, and here we don't even have a formal charge. It would be a shock if he were arrested.

Wes Mantooth said:
Write4Poo, take your garbage elsewhere.

I suppose you meant the comparison as an insult. I take the comparison about as seriously as I take your bloviations on rape.

Agreed. I can choose to be on the side that believes victims, you can choose to be on the side that disbelieves victims, and nothing can force us to change that. However, I will not agree that disbelieving victims is morally equivalent to believing them.
What about him being the victim when she cheated on him? Im sure that hurt him emotionally and probably made him feel bullied. Should be classified as sexual assault tbh.

So, it's only rape if you are physically tied down? Are you sure that's the position you want to go with?

I'm going with this: if a person does not want to have sex, and you bully them into it by whatever means, that is rape.
Define "bully them." One time my wife wanted to have sex and i didn't. She persuaded me into having sex though. I dont feel that i was raped.

Today I learned that the concept of emotional abuse is foreign to a lot of people. I hate to speculate, but I have to wonder what it is about some men that makes them so suspicious and dismissive of this kind of thing. Almost as if there's something within their own behavior that they see in Chris Hardwick and are afraid of what it says about them.

I have no idea who these people are, and it sounds like my life is better for it. However, it is extremely naïve to think that it is easy for a woman to leave an abusive relationship.

Being talked into having sex is not the same as being emotionally abused into having sex.

Today I learned that the concept of emotional abuse is foreign to a lot of people. I hate to speculate, but I have to wonder what it is about some men that makes them so suspicious and dismissive of this kind of thing. Almost as if there's something within their own behavior that they see in Chris Hardwick and are afraid of what it says about them.

I don’t think the CONCEPT of emotional abuse is foreign to a lot of people. I do think what qualifies as emotional abuse varies from person to person though.
Some people might think it’s emotional abuse if a husband tells his wife that if she won’t have sex with him on a particular night then he won’t take the garbage out that night. Some might even see that as a threat that can be considered sexual assault.
Others see it as a nothingburger.

Me personally think it’s ok to tell a girl that you are dating what your expectations are of them, and them of you as well. And if either isn’t living up to those expectations then I think it’s fine if you tell them you are going to break up with them for not living up to those expectations.

I mean, even my wife read the story and didn’t think it was a big deal.

But yes, just a guy thing. That’s all it is.

I have no idea who these people are, and it sounds like my life is better for it. However, it is extremely naïve to think that it is easy for a woman to leave an abusive relationship.

Being talked into having sex is not the same as being emotionally abused into having sex.

So if I tell a girl I want to break with her because our sex life isn’t satisfying to me then would that be emotional abuse?

How about if she broke up with me because she was unhappy with the quaility/frequency of the sex? Emotional abuse or not?

I was gonna say the same thing.

I’m pretty sure that plenty of women don’t see the threat of a break up over lack of sex to be a horrendous thing.

So if I tell a girl I want to break with her because our sex life isn’t satisfying to me then would that be emotional abuse?

How about if she broke up with me because she was unhappy with the quaility/frequency of the sex? Emotional abuse or not?

Obviously people can break up with someone for whatever reasons they choose. And certainly different expectations of sex would be reasonable grounds. I have no idea what their issues were, and there are no hard and fast rules that apply equally to all relationships. Obviously other parts of their relationship would play into it.

What about him being the victim when she cheated on him? Im sure that hurt him emotionally and probably made him feel bullied. Should be classified as sexual assault tbh.

You should really consider running some of these posts by people who care about you before you put them online. I can't even describe how this post makes you look.

Define "bully them." One time my wife wanted to have sex and i didn't. She persuaded me into having sex though. I dont feel that i was raped.

Did she persuade you until you were crying, and then make a cute nickname for your tears?

No, it's definitely also a female thing. I'm glad you found a wife who thinks crying during sex is no big deal. That seems like it would be important for your marriage.

Do you always try to set bright boundary lines instead of trying to use empathy for a fellow human being, or are we only treated to that on JazzFanz?

No, it's definitely also a female thing. I'm glad you found a wife who thinks crying during sex is no big deal. That seems like it would be important for your marriage.

Don’t be obtuse.

Clearly, that’s not a sign of a healthy relationship. But there is a difference between manipulating for something and forcing for something. He manipulated. He was still wrong, but it wasn’t illegal.