What's new

Clarkson vs. Burks

Did you know that some players have less than perfect form on their shots yet still have value? In fact, watch Clarkson shoot tonight and if you pay attention you find that it ain't all that beautiful. Really low release.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Hmm, you’d think that Zubac would have blocked him instead of sending him to the line for the 4 point play if that were the case.

IDK who is saying he has an amazing IQ.

The difference between him and Burks is that he's willing to be a threat on the court anywhere he gets the ball. Burks was willing to be a threat if he got the ball where he felt comfortable and that was often a detriment to the team (denying screens). It's why Quinn likes him. It's why Quin didn't like Dante.

There were some that made comments that made it sound like JC is a high IQ dude... may not have been in here. I'm not saying he's dumb but he's not known as a basketball Einstein. Your assessment that he makes quick decisions seems accurate... Even if most of his quick decisions are to shoot it isn't a bad thing.

There were some that made comments that made it sound like JC is a high IQ dude... may not have been in here. I'm not saying he's dumb but he's not known as a basketball Einstein. Your assessment that he makes quick decisions seems accurate... Even if most of his quick decisions are to shoot it isn't a bad thing.
He shoots when he's open and he drives when he isnt. That's what the Jazz want players to do.

He shoots when he's open and he drives when he isnt. That's what the Jazz want players to do.
I want to agree with this, but it’s incomplete. It should read something like:

He shoots when he’s open and drives when he isn’t. If he drives, then he makes the right read about whether to pull up for a shot, get to the rim, pull up for a floater, OR MAKE THE RIGHT PASS.

JC shoots a lot. It’s fair to think he isn’t getting the end of that statement right.

He shoots when he’s open and drives when he isn’t. If he drives, then he makes the right read about whether to pull up for a shot, get to the rim, pull up for a floater, OR MAKE THE RIGHT PASS.

JC shoots a lot. It’s fair to think he isn’t getting the end of that statement right.
I mean sure, but no one is expecting him too at this point. I simplified it, but I think that's how the Jazz are handling it with Clarkson currently.

Not sure if that's true with the bench players though.

Having a set point at or above your forehead with at least a 24'' vertical shot is in no way a ****ing low release