What's new

Clipps-Nuggz Gm 7 Discussion

How many times has Doc Rivers lost a series after a 3-1 lead? Is it 3 times now? More?

Some of the was great defense by nuggets and other was just plain easy misses by Clippers. I'm jelly of Nuggets. They move the ball,play defense and all like each like brothers.i don't know how anyone could hate a team that plays the right way, maybe I'm to old school but tip your cap to them. They are young and built to win now and in future. I'm jelly. Atleast the jazz will be picking in the lotto next year.
Denver is a fine example of how to properly utilize your development team. None of their young core with the exception of Murray were high lotto talents(OPJ was projected to be but then he slipped) but they all posses good physical tools which allows a development coach to help shape them into NBA skills and values to your team's benefit.

Imagine our development team trying to work on guys like George Niang and Tony Bradley, and countless hours of frustrations behind it... what could they actually work on? they simply don't have the physical bodies and tools that resembles a NBA player at high-intensity levels. they could run drills/practices all day long but basically unplayable as intensity increases. the size/physicality are always the priority for NBA scout because these are the fundamentals your coaches can't teach.

Denver is a fine example of how to properly utilize your development team. None of their young core with the exception of Murray were high lotto talents(OPJ was projected to be but then he slipped) but they all posses good physical tools which allows a development coach to help shape them into NBA skills and values to your team's benefit.

Imagine our development team trying to work on guys like George Niang and Tony Bradley, and countless hours of frustrations behind it... what could they actually work on? they simply don't have the physical bodies and tools that resembles a NBA player at high-intensity levels. they could run drills/practices all day long but basically unplayable as intensity increases. the size/physicality are always the priority for NBA scout because these are the fundamentals your coaches can't teach.
Nuggets are athletic and long... and YOUNG. Jazz need all 3 of those attributes.

Nuggets are athletic and long... and YOUNG. Jazz need all 3 of those attributes.
yep, kinda sad to see us running a 7man rotation down the stretch simply because of how unplayable our bench players are at a high intensity level.

it's not like these guys are completely impossible to find either... Who have heard of Luguentz Dort's name before July?

I say let's forget about players that are theoretically "skilled" and "smooth" with "high basketball IQs" and focus on raw talents with the highest physical upside so our development staff can actually have projects they know they can work on.

they simply don't have the physical bodies and tools that resembles a NBA player at high-intensity levels.
This is what everyone was saying about Ingles his first two or three years here. Sometimes you need to give those types of athletes time to hone their craft. Ingles wasn’t anywhere near the player or style of play he is now. I’d like to see what Niang does next year.

This is what everyone was saying about Ingles his first two or three years here. Sometimes you need to give those types of athletes time to hone their craft. Ingles wasn’t anywhere near the player or style of play he is now. I’d like to see what Niang does next year.
Ingles is a unicorn and you can't expect to produce players like him on a consistent basis. Even for Joe, I'd see him as a role player who struggles with consistency at high levels because of his physical limitations.

A lot of that has to do with Bogy being out.
This is exactly the kind of mentality that I'm worried about coming from our FO because Bojan will be a 32 yr old recovering from a big surgery next season.

Like I said, Denver will come back even better next season because they've got multiple young talents such as Bol Bol with tools and physical upside down the pipeline.

Whereas our roster features either aging players who will only regress over time, or players that are unlikely to develop into anything beyond Raul Neto-type-end-of-bench guys.

This shows how close we were to competing this year.

Get Bogey back and don't strike out with FA role players this year and we are at least in the Western finals.

Next year we can be better with a few easy moves. Don't **** it up again though. Plus as with any team you have to get lucky health wise.

Well, I'm rooting for Miami now. The intensity they play with, oh man. Masterful defense.
They’ve been my pick to win it all since the bubble. Their rotations on defense are ****ing awesome. They play so hard on that end. And then their offense is some of the best **** since 2014 Spurs. Adebayo is channeling Diaw.

They’ve been my pick to win it all since the bubble. Their rotations on defense are ****ing awesome. They play so hard on that end. And then their offense is some of the best **** since 2014 Spurs. Adebayo is channeling Diaw.
That block tonight was friggin amazing.

We could have made it to the conference finals. Clips were as hugely flawed as Denver and us. Trezz Harrell lost himself around 5 mill.

We You play till the final whistle and everybody knows this. Stop making excuses and give credit where credit is due. If jazz had any heart they could be in this situation instead of Nuggets
Denver beat us because they had a better team, more depth, and more youth/energy. We didn't lose due to lack of heart. I'm tired of hearing that garbage.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

This shows how close we were to competing this year.

Get Bogey back and don't strike out with FA role players this year and we are at least in the Western finals.

Next year we can be better with a few easy moves. Don't **** it up again though. Plus as with any team you have to get lucky health wise.
True to a certain degree. We would have played the Lakers though because we would have been a lower seed than Houston. I don't think Denver will match up well with the Lakers.

If we had Bojan, another good perimeter defender (Shaq, Ntilikina, etc) and an improvement on backup big, we could have contended this year.

Sucks to see this but I hope this motivates the front office to stay aggressive.

Oh yeah. How they double and then rotate to close any gap. Incredible. No one is left open, every shot is contested. It's just beautiful to watch. Bam is a monster.

You don't go 6 and 0 in close out games with luck. Sure one of two or even three you could say luck but at some point gotta tip your cap to the guys who play until final whistle. I know nuggets are division rival but I don't know how anyone that claims to be a b-ball fan can not like that team. They play the game the right way. They pass the ball to each other. They play as a team and to me that is beautiful but I guess jazz fans think it's ugly just cause they are our rival.best thing to happen is denver to win it all and then jazz can look and say hey that could of been us. I literally seen people talk about how it's lucky cuz clippers had two leads. You play until final whistle boneheads

True to a certain degree. We would have played the Lakers though because we would have been a lower seed than Houston. I don't think Denver will match up well with the Lakers.

If we had Bojan, another good perimeter defender (Shaq, Ntilikina, etc) and an improvement on backup big, we could have contended this year.

Sucks to see this but I hope this motivates the front office to stay aggressive.

Fwiw last seeding game lakers needed last second shot to beat nuggets. Nuggets has 2nd and 3rd stringers who won't play this series playing and lakers had AD and LBJ the whole 4th quarter. Jokic and murray was on bench whole 4th. Hate to break it to you but if nuggets can beat clippers they can beat Lakers. Also Ron Mexico is wrong saying this shows jazz can compete. Mark my words jazz be drafting in lottery in 2021..

That Raptors team was so stacked around Kawhi last year. And Nurse is so much better than Doc.

This. I was shocked kawhi didn't stay there. I mean I'm sure he prefers the glitz and glamor of LA over Toronto, but they had a very good chance of repeating if he had stayed. He could have strung 2 or 3 rings together.