What's new

Closed Threads

My God I missed all the fun part again. Today was another great example of how ridiculously dramadairyqueened this place can get. My thoughts: rev was right about rudy being tougher but said it unintentionally in a bad way. But it was not a good move to close the thread yourself rev. Strategically you could ask for another mod to do it. This smelled like modstapo even if it actually wasn't.

I post therefore I am...

Kinda feel like when people are stranded on an island with nothing to eat, sooner or later they turn on themselves...

With a lack of basketball to watch and Exum being injured the frustration level is kinda reaching an all time high.

Kinda feel like when people are stranded on an island with nothing to eat, sooner or later they turn on themselves...

With a lack of basketball to watch and Exum being injured the frustration level is kinda reaching an all time high.

I would go cannibal and eat you first.

My God I missed all the fun part again. Today was another great example of how ridiculously dramadairyqueened this place can get. My thoughts: rev was right about rudy being tougher but said it unintentionally in a bad way. But it was not a good move to close the thread yourself rev. Strategically you could ask for another mod to do it. This smelled like modstapo even if it actually wasn't.

I post therefore I am...

A mod should know more than anyone else how much this place can over-react, and they should know how to avoid, and contain those situations. Rev literally started a fire, dumped fuel all over it, and then blamed everyone else for how big the fire got. I barely even post here anymore, and I even know not to post something tasteless like that.

I understand that that mods make mistakes. They're just regular dudes like me and you. What pissed me off is that instead of being like "My bad, guys, that post was in bad taste", he and his buddy Stoked completely refused to acknowledge that it was a stupid post, and rolled their eyes at the userbase for reacting the way they did.

I don't think he needs to be punished, or demoted or anything, but god damn. I stopped posting on JazzFanz because of stupid drama like this, and it rubbed me the wrong way to see a mod start it this time.

A mod should know more than anyone else how much this place can over-react, and they should know how to avoid, and contain those situations. Rev literally started a fire, dumped fuel all over it, and then blamed everyone else for how big the fire got. I barely even post here anymore, and I even know not to post something tasteless like that.

I understand that that mods make mistakes. They're just regular dudes like me and you. What pissed me off is that instead of being like "My bad, guys, that post was in bad taste", he and his buddy Stoked completely refused to acknowledge that it was a stupid post, and rolled their eyes at the userbase for reacting the way they did.

I don't think he needs to be punished, or demoted or anything, but god damn. I stopped posting on JazzFanz because of stupid drama like this, and it rubbed me the wrong way to see a mod start it this time.

The only problem with this line of thinking is it basically supports the opposite stance. That is, Rev should have apologized but the people who wished him bodily harm are just fine because, reasons? That is exactly the same stance with a different person in Rev's spot.

That is a tough thing about freedom of speech, we get to hear all kinds of **** we probably don't want to. And we don't even have to apologize if we don't want to.

Oh, for sure, threatening physical harm is ridiculous. I hope I wasn't lumped in with the group of people who were taking it that far.

I'm just at Rev's neck for starting it in the first place, and then not stopping it before it snowballed, and Stoked for stoking the flames when he had a chance to stop it as well.

The topic pissed off a lot of people, and the mods are to blame for it. I just want them to know they ****ed up so they don't let it happen again. If JazzFanz is ever going to become a more logical, reasonable forum, things like this can't be happening.

Oh, for sure, threatening physical harm is ridiculous. I hope I wasn't lumped in with the group of people who were taking it that far.

I'm just at Rev's neck for starting it in the first place, and then not stopping it before it snowballed, and Stoked for stoking the flames when he had a chance to stop it as well.

The topic pissed off a lot of people, and the mods are to blame for it. I just want them to know they ****ed up so they don't let it happen again. If JazzFanz is ever going to become a more logical, reasonable forum, things like this can't be happening.

I know the heat of the summer can cause short tempers, but I think this is a VERY extreme reaction to his comment.

And what is a lot? 5? I took it in stride, assumed that Rev would not purposely make light of an injury (he is a good guy) and let it roll off. He may have expressed it poorly in his passion about the topic, but we have all done that a time or three. But to get "pissed off" about it is ridiculous. Rev was right in his final comment in that thread. We all need to grow up. Notice he said "we", included himself in the comment.

If you want to think I am just defending the "modstapo" or whatever, go right ahead. I don't really care what you think. I am commenting on the ludicrous situation that came out of it, and trying to force people into the "good guy" and "bad guy" groups is simply yet another way to brush off the need to police our own behavior.

Take it how you will.

Xsy - youve always seemed like a good guy. I had no idea my comment would be taken the way it was. I came back a day later because I am in Germany. By the time I got back on JF it was the next day. Peoples comments were way out of line. So there was no way in hell i was going to write something like ""My bad, guys, that post was in bad taste". Sorry thats just not how I work.
To the two or three people that wrote me respectfully, one of them being Stoked, I talked to them on PM. Stoked called me out in the thread and said it was off color, and maybe not in the best taste but that the reaction was ridiculous. I respect that. But, the reaction was 10 times worse than the comment. Sorry thats just how i see it. I respect people getting angry, and even was amused by most of it. Im not going to cower to the mob though, because and here is the important part....they were wrong. So if they think I was wrong two wrongs dont make it right. To you who seem like a decent guy Im sorry if my comment upset you. To anyone else who respects me I sorry if my comment offends you. Can we move on now?

No one is celebrating Dantes injury. It sucks but I dont think it will limit us that much this year. It will set Dantes development back, BUT if he is good player he'll come back just fine.

@Rev Who is your Bundesliga team? I'm supporting Borrussia Dortmund. Crowd and stadium look insane!!

They gonna win The Bundesliga this year and drink Bayern's tears!!