What's new

College Hoops 2012-2013 Thread

I think that's a safe bet. Although I must admit that I wouldn't mind seeing a low scoring game.

Exactly why I don't want to ..

The best way to beat a team of freshman is to sloooow it down, body them up, play rough (borderline dirty), and grind out a slow boring, low scoring game. Freshmen tend to get bored and rattled with this gameplan. They wanna ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Watched the ND BYU game. I think that Kentucky should be able to out work ND. ND was not very athletic or active on the wings. I think Kentucky's advantage on then wings will be too much to overcome.

Yeah, unless Notre Dame is really a lot better than they played against BYU, I just can't see them winning that game. Vegas appears to be cuckoo for cocoa puffs on that line at first glance.

Congrats Whisky.

This was supposed to be a down year for UK .. but holy hell they sucked ... at everything.

Irish came to play and executed beautifully.

Congrats Whisky.

This was supposed to be a down year for UK .. but holy hell they sucked ... at everything.

Irish came to play and executed beautifully.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I didn't get to catch any of the game because I was stuck in traffic.

Kentucky shouldn't be to hard on themselves, they just need to chalk this up to a learning experience. I just wish I could have watched the game so I could post something worth anything.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see ND ranked again.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I didn't get to catch any of the game because I was stuck in traffic.

Kentucky shouldn't be to hard on themselves, they just need to chalk this up to a learning experience. I just wish I could have watched the game so I could post something worth anything.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see ND ranked again.

They should be. I'm not worried about it. It was our guys first road game and they were ICE cold (coming into the game with highest FG% in the country). Irish were hot and hitting anything and everything. The freshmen responded to their wide open misses by going into full-on one-on-one chucker mode. Cal will fix that, no doubt.

Holy guacamole, just now checked that boxscore. At "first glance" meant that I have never seen Kentucky play this year, but if they are typical Kentucky then they are sure to be long and athletic with a shooter/playmaker here and there, and they should have beat Notre Dame. Vegas bookies always know best.......errrrrrrr....at least when it comes to betting lines.

Holy guacamole, just now checked that boxscore. At "first glance" meant that I have never seen Kentucky play this year, but if they are typical Kentucky then they are sure to be long and athletic with a shooter/playmaker here and there, and they should have beat Notre Dame. Vegas bookies always know best.......errrrrrrr....at least when it comes to betting lines.

Should have, no doubt. But they were ICE cold and ND was red hot. You have games like that once a year or so.
Also, unlike last year, this team has no absolute leader. Also, unlike last year, this team has no go-to lockdown defender.

They'll improve GREATLY, but this was always meant to be a bridge year between championship years (last and next). This is the first year in a decade that Calipari has no stud PG. Makes a HUGE difference .. and it shows, especially so against ND ..

Baylor coming up in a couple hours .. we'll see if they bounce back or shrink.. looking for some winning character. IMO, if they beat Baylor by at least 5 they'll continue on an upward plane. If they lose to Baylor, the year will be a waaaay down year.

BTW.. HUGE test tonight against Boise State. If the Utes can win this game, I may begin to believe that we will not be in the basement of the Pac-12 this year.

That certainly makes me more excited for the BYU/Utah game on Saturday. Didn't Utah churn about 3/4's their team again this year? Looking at the boxscore, I only see 2 or 3 familiars. Looks like that may have been a good thing for them.