What's new

Collin Sexton Stat Deep Dive

The issue for the Cavs isnt going to be Garland/Mitchell, it's going to be who the hell is the 3rd perimeter player in closing lineups?

Okoro cant shoot and if Mobley hasnt improved his shot, spacing is going to be an issue.

Cedi Osman is just average as a shooter. Caris Lever is a mediocre shooter even when he's available.

Garland/Mitchell will work together quite well on offense. Both are great catch and shoot players I believe (not sure on Garland, but I'm assuming and Mitchell was a lethal off the catch shooter every year but the past one).

The issue for the Cavs isnt going to be Garland/Mitchell, it's going to be who the hell is the 3rd perimeter player in closing lineups?

Okoro cant shoot and if Mobley hasnt improved his shot, spacing is going to be an issue.

Cedi Osman is just average as a shooter. Caris Lever is a mediocre shooter even when he's available.

Garland/Mitchell will work together quite well on offense. Both are great catch and shoot players I believe (not sure on Garland, but I'm assuming and Mitchell was a lethal off the catch shooter every year but the past one).

Garland is actually pretty bad at 38.4% on 3.1 attempts per game. 2.8 attempts are 3’s at 35.4%.

Mitchell was a great catch and shoot player, but Quin used almost zero off ball action to create shots. The only thing we saw were pindowns to mimic a PnR action, but never off ball movement that directly led to shots. I suppose Bogey got loose on some flare screens, but there just wasn't a lot of cutting or movement shooting in the Jazz offense.

I'm curious to see if that changes for Mitchell in CLE. Always felt like he was working way too hard for his points. Don was one of the best in the league with the ball in his hands, but not everything had to be a 17 dribble combo move....especially when he was also one of the best set shooters in the league. He'll have to work against some of the bad habits that Quin engrained in him (playing zero defense and no off ball movement).

His catch and shoot 3PT% is worse than his regular 3PT%.
Yeah, I understand that. He had two big bodies to play PNR off of and get his open 3's that way. He didnt have anyone on the team consistently breaking down a defense and getting him an open look.

Name me a player on the Cavs last year who could create shots for others whose names wasnt Darius Garland.

I think MItchell is an overall overrated passer, but he's an excellent drive and kick player and he's great at throwing the skip pass to open shooters.

Can't pass and make plays without the ball. A 33 usage player and a 27 usage player are going to clash at least at first. Which one gives it up? Likely it's Garland. His numbers will drop with Mitchell most likely.
One thing I see about Garland looking at early last season, is when him and Rubio shared the floor, Garland played off ball more than Ricky. He can do both. I think they coexist easily. That front court is mobile as crazy and so if Mobley is getting offensive usage like he should be, they will be a fringe contender even with a small guard pairing.

One thing I see about Garland looking at early last season, is when him and Rubio shared the floor, Garland played off ball more than Ricky. He can do both. I think they coexist easily. That front court is mobile as crazy and so if Mobley is getting offensive usage like he should be, they will be a fringe contender even with a small guard pairing.
Mobley becoming a good shooter, at least a great mid-range shooter, is the X-factor for their spacing. I got no hope that Osman/Okoro/Levert really space the floor for them so Mobley is the guy who really needs to improve to open up the floor.

Mobley becoming a good shooter, at least a great mid-range shooter, is the X-factor for their spacing. I got no hope that Osman/Okoro/Levert really space the floor for them so Mobley is the guy who really needs to improve to open up the floor.
Osman was really good when he came off the bench with Love
I saw some off season workouts with Mobley and he is going to be a dominant offensive player

Both Cleveland’s and Minnesota’s ceilings are hosting a series in the playoffs.
This season right? I think with KAT at the 4 the Wolves are going to be a top 3 seed and win a series. Cavs are too young probably this season.My feeling is they might not even be that much better than last season by record , but could win a series if Rubio is available.