What's new

Come December, Trade with Knicks

Which Knick PF would you realistically want?

• Julius Randle

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Bobby Portis

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Marcus Morris Sr.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Taj Gibson

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Another PF from another team (Who?)

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Riding with Royce and Jeff

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
I second this. Udoh looks like Hakeem compared to Bradley. Honestly, Bradley might be even less talented than Jarron Collins. Which is saying something. At least Collins had a jump shot and a 2 inch vertical.

Danillo Gallinari is 31 years old and shouldn't be in the Thunder's long term plans.

93% FT, 42% on 3P, and has 7'1" wingspan getting 0.8 steals per game. He was someone that Dennis Lindsey was interested in talking to the summer Hayward left.

Been on my radar since the Kawhi trade. Would require all kinds of cap gymnastics to get there so probably nah.

Additionally, while the added firepower would be nice, he doesn't really bring things the Jazz don't already have.

Gallinari is making nearly $23M this season, so it's not really feasible to trade for him. There's apparently some rumor about Portland being interested, but I have no idea on the source of that. I haven't given thought to the landscape of the league, but perhaps someone out there would trade for him, especially as he's expiring. In any case, our only chance at him would be if he was bought out. I think the only role he'd have with us would be taking all of Green and Niang's minutes, which, honestly, would be really awesome and add a lot of oomph to our bench. I don't see him stepping into any larger roles, mostly because he's not really bringing anything we don't already have, i.e. he's not a rebounder, so him being on the floor doesn't add anything we don't already have, other than giving us extended minutes of a good shooter/scorer when Bojan is off the floor. He would help out a lot with Joe load management, though, but again this is assuming a buyout (later in the season).

On another note, the buyout market should be interesting because we're a legit contender for signing some of those minimum guys. Curious who may actually hit the buyout market this year. It would require us to waive someone, though, and DL has only really shown that he'll waive two-ways to create roster space once someone's already "earned" their spot here.

No way in the world do we trade Ingles! He's way to valuable to our team and system! Plays GREAT defense, shoots very well and irritates the hell out of the opponents best man!

Exum for Portis - who would say no? Just imagine quotes about his crazy eyes after wins on Jazz Avenues threads.
I0032013_1024x1024.jpg

Exum for Portis - who would say no? Just imagine quotes about his crazy eyes after wins on Jazz Avenues threads.
I0032013_1024x1024.jpg

An Ingles Portis odd couple friendship is something I could see happening and I'd be here for it.

Danillo Gallinari is 31 years old and shouldn't be in the Thunder's long term plans.

93% FT, 42% on 3P, and has 7'1" wingspan getting 0.8 steals per game. He was someone that Dennis Lindsey was interested in talking to the summer Hayward left.

lol have you seen him "defend" ?? bojan has made him irrelevant

Last edited:
I0032013_1024x1024.jpg
Whoever is getting Exum says no

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If I tell them about my Ingles/Portis odd couple buddy youtube series they will have to do it for the betterment of the universe.
No doubt. 30 for 30 special would definitely be in the works. All teh oscars

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Will Favors hit the buyout market??
I think that restriction still applies to us... maybe he gets traded in another team’s salary dump and waived... then he’s ours, surely, no?

I think that restriction still applies to us... maybe he gets traded in another team’s salary dump and waived... then he’s ours, surely, no?
Like, maybe Cleveland gives up a pick to NOP with alive and they get Favors... Favors bought out then we sign him for minimum.

I need confirmation that this restriction applies to us.

Getting Favs back would be fug’n awesome.

I need confirmation that this restriction applies to us.

Getting Favs back would be fug’n awesome.
You can’t sign someone in the same year that you traded them, unless they got traded again. So, for instance, we couldn’t sign Favors if waives from NOP, but could if he got traded elsewhere and waived.

10 million a year in salary plus increased insurance premiums and paying for his au pair. I think the Knicks pass. Everyone cept the Jazz passes.

You can’t sign someone in the same year that you traded them, unless they got traded again. So, for instance, we couldn’t sign Favors if waives from NOP, but could if he got traded elsewhere and waived.
So you’re dropping the “I think” from the previous post?

I suspected this was true... and it’s unlikely anyway.... but..

Just watched Morris Sr. bury a three in the final seconds to put the Knicks over Dallas. 20 PFs and 5/7 three. Go get this MFer. I think he takes us over the top.