What's new

Comparing Kemba and Mike Conley

So how would people compare the two guards? I'm wondering because now Donovan is paired with Kemba. I've noticed that Donovan has picked up on Kemba's midrange pull-up.

I'm not sure. Kemba is probably the better offensive player but I don't believe he has the playmaking and ball-handling skills of Conley. On D, I would need to spend more time watching them.

Others on JF would probably have more insight about this.

Yeah, I think you have it about right. I do like Conley better for our team for his playmaking abilities. Walker is an amazing talent, but I do think he tries to go solo a little too much and his lack of length can be an issue. I thought it was interesting that as good as he is, Charlotte apparently didn't even offer him the max.

Conley i think just works better with what the jazz have. Conley is the general.

Conley plays defense. Conley runs sets and passes the ball. Think that's the main difference.
I sure hope so. Watching Kemba paired up with Donovan is painful. Mitchell goes for several possessions without touching the ball, being banished to the corner.

I sure hope so. Watching Kemba paired up with Donovan is painful. Mitchell goes for several possessions without touching the ball, being banished to the corner.
Puts an interesting spin on our debates of who people would want.

Conley 100%. After watching Donovan/Kemba paired I actually don’t like it much at all. It just doesn’t work that well.

seeing team USA here i was super impressed by watching Kemba. He was by far the most dynamic and best player. Having said that he's too similar to Donovan. Conley is a much better fit with a more versatile game.

Conley 100%. After watching Donovan/Kemba paired I actually don’t like it much at all. It just doesn’t work that well.

Sure. And it also makes me glad we didn't choose to go after D'Angelo Russell who is very ball dominant too.

Last edited: