What's new

Compelling Pro Life Argument

There are an estimated 2 million couples waiting to adopt. Often this covers all expenses from the birth mother. It's weird to me this is seldom part of the discussion in any meaningful way.

I’m adopted, twice actually. But here is my problem with this stance.

https://www.americanadoptions.com/adopt/the_costs_of_adopting

Simply outrageous costs. It effectively excludes lots of loving parents from adopting a child.

Let’s make adoption a realistic option for a far larger segment of society and then push adoption.

I bet conservatives won't let all the newly born babies die if abortions were to go away. What do you think jimmy?

I think history says that, while not *all* the newborns would die, there would be a lot of them that would.

Sure that's fair.
Problem is abortion isn't simply about having sex and then having an unwanted pregnancy.
It can be about pregnancy via rape.
It can be about viability of an unhealthy fetus with little to no chance at survival.
It can be about a mothers life being at risk.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Agreed. But I think the position of most pro-lifers provides exceptions in those cases.

There are an estimated 2 million couples waiting to adopt. Often this covers all expenses from the birth mother. It's weird to me this is seldom part of the discussion in any meaningful way.

There are lots of kids waiting to be adopted, as well. They just don't seem to meet the potential adoptive parent's criteria. If the waiting list needs to be in the discussion, so does the selectiveness of the those on the wait list.

One way the Left could help promote adoptions is to remove objections to religious-based adoption agencies that use religious criteria to place children. My brother adopted 3 children through the LDS Church, which is no longer, I believe, offering this service due in part to this issue. (I could be wrong.) I do believe that laws that encourage women to carry to term and place children in adoption should be promoted.

I thought we already had more adopters than kids to be adopted?

Also is it really so dumb to say that people should know what the possible results of sexual activity are and be prepared to accept the results?

Does it matter that there is no other activity, legal or illegal, where we force the person performing their activity to give up any part of their body for the use of another person? Even if you stab someone in their kidneys, you can't be force to donate a lock of hair, much less a kidney. However, women are forced to make their wombs available. Sex requires more dire consequences than stabbing someone?

There are lots of kids waiting to be adopted, as well. They just don't seem to meet the potential adoptive parent's criteria. If the waiting list needs to be in the discussion, so does the selectiveness of the those on the wait list.

Not really. You can’t force someone to adopt someone. How do you address that?

Last edited:
Agreed. But I think the position of most pro-lifers provides exceptions in those cases.
Well then I'm more pro life than I already thought I was.

I haven't felt that pro lifers take that stance very often though. I have usually felt that they take the stance of making abortion illegal. For all. In every circumstance. Maybe I have been misunderstanding though.

I haven't felt that pro lifers take that stance very often though. I have usually felt that they take the stance of making abortion illegal. For all. In every circumstance. Maybe I have been misunderstanding though.

Like everything there is a spectrum.

Its easy to misunderstand when you only listen to the left.

Not really. You can’t force someone to adopt someone. How do you address that?

My apologies for being unclear. My point was that forcing more babies tobe born would not necessarily have a great impact on the waiting-to-adopt roles, due to the selectiveness of the people on the waiting list.

My apologies for being unclear. My point was that forcing more babies tobe born would not necessarily have a great impact on the waiting-to-adopt roles, due to the selectiveness of the people on the waiting list.

Ah. Ok.

Except when it comes to abortion.

Nah. I changed my mind.

I thought it made sense that if a women was brutally raped that she should be able to have an immediate abortion upon realizing she is pregnant. But after careful thought I think she should have to have the baby. Its disgusting to kill a baby regardless of circumstances.

See. Im not rigid in my stances. You can change my mind.

Does it matter that there is no other activity, legal or illegal, where we force the person performing their activity to give up any part of their body for the use of another person? Even if you stab someone in their kidneys, you can't be force to donate a lock of hair, much less a kidney. However, women are forced to make their wombs available. Sex requires more dire consequences than stabbing someone?
This makes no sense. So you are saying the fetus needs to get consent to use the womb? Or what exactly? Sounds like you are trying to say that we arbitrarily decided that women should get pregnant and that we need to stop forcing women to get pregnant. Huh? It's a natural biological result of the action of intercourse, pregnancy is not a social construct. If you mean rape we already said that is a completely different situation. But choosing to have sex can and often does result in pregnancy. I really don't see what your argument is.

One way the Left could help promote adoptions is to remove objections to religious-based adoption agencies that use religious criteria to place children. My brother adopted 3 children through the LDS Church, which is no longer, I believe, offering this service due in part to this issue. (I could be wrong.) I do believe that laws that encourage women to carry to term and place children in adoption should be promoted.

Agreed. Adoption is awesome. I’ve never heard of anyone objecting to religious based adoptions. I have 2 adopted children so I’m kinda living in that world. Where did you hear this?