What's new

Conley Benched

What do you think happened today? Sincerely curious.
Either Mike got pissed or Joe offered to sit. Or Quin just talked it out and changed his mind (or most likely a combo of all these things). Either way they made a better decison. The right decision would be to bench Bojan, but at least they didn't bench Conley.

This is speaking like a moron. This isn’t happening.
Ok. The Jazz are one of the best shooting teams in the NBA and have the best defensive player in the NBA. They are in some kind of funk right now and it sucks, but these things don't last forever.

Why is everyone so negative on Conley? Before his rest games he was starting to get a good flow. Y'all need to stop being impatient babies. It's the regular season. This is the time to work out kinks and get through the funk
Probably because the team is legitimately 2 different teams with him and without him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ok. The Jazz are one of the best shooting teams in the NBA and have the best defensive player in the NBA. They are in some kind of funk right now and it sucks, but these things don't last forever.
There are 25 games left. But sure. They’re going to fix the fact they haven’t been a very good team all season. They’ve had like 4 decent wins, several wins it took luck from officials or last second shots to win. They haven’t been very good and they’re not going to be 25 games from now. Dream on.

Probably because the team is legitimately 2 different teams with him and without him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
They arent though. He sat the first two post ASB games and the Jazz still got beat. The Jazz got hot and played well, partly due to schedule, but mostly due to playing at a high level. I tend to believe the Andy Larsen theory of complacency in the regular season more than the team sucks with Mike.

It's a long season and players get mentally tired of the schedule. It sucks and they should be better, but I'm not going to freak out about it because the Jazz are going to make the playoffs and from there they have the talent to beat anybody where depth isn't as important.

There are 25 games left. But sure. They’re going to fix the fact they haven’t been a very good team all season. They’ve had like 4 decent wins, several wins it took luck from officials or last second shots to win. They haven’t been very good and they’re not going to be 25 games from now. Dream on.
They are on Pace to win 51 games...

I know it's not amazing, but can we stop acting like this is a bad team that has no hope? They haven't even played their best basketball yet.

They arent though. He sat the first two post ASB games and the Jazz still got beat. The Jazz got hot and played well, partly due to schedule, but mostly due to playing at a high level. I tend to believe the Andy Larsen theory of complacency in the regular season more than the team sucks with Mike.

It's a long season and players get mentally tired of the schedule. It sucks and they should be better, but I'm not going to freak out about it because the Jazz are going to make the playoffs and from there they have the talent to beat anybody where depth isn't as important.
You’re right they haven’t been 2 different teams. The team has just not been near good enough. They’ve been worse of late, but they’ve never put themselves in the top tier at all.

You’re right they haven’t been 2 different teams. The team has just not been near good enough. They’ve been worse of late, but they’ve never put themselves in the top tier at all.
Ok, quit watching them and don't come back for the playoffs.

They are on Pace to win 51 games...

I know it's not amazing, but can we stop acting like this is a bad team that has no hope? They haven't even played their best basketball yet.
I can think of like 5 games off the top of my head it took game saving shots or blown calls by the officials to win the game for us. They have not been a good team the entire season. They went on a hot streak against bad teams and even many of those wins were by the skin of their teeth.

Either Mike got pissed or Joe offered to sit. Or Quin just talked it out and changed his mind (or most likely a combo of all these things). Either way they made a better decison. The right decision would be to bench Bojan, but at least they didn't bench Conley.
So if Quin made a decision he felt like was the best... then Mike gets upset and Joe offers to sit... can you see why people might be down on Mike? Can you see why this might be disruptive to a locker room? Based on what TJ was saying I think there is more to it, but either way something pretty bad happened here.

I think Mike gets better or continues his recent better play, but even if shots are going in I don't think he's developed the chemistry with Rudy. Joe has proven chemistry with him... IDK I do like that this will kind of be put up or shut up time for Mike and the team.

Ok, quit watching them and don't come back for the playoffs.
I’ll always watch. The reality is they are not the team we hoped for or thought they would be. They’re underwhelming and simply not in the top tier of teams. They’ve lost almost every game that really meant something standings wise. They’ve lost the tiebreaker games. They’ve lost to depleted teams in matchups that mattered so much for standings. They are frauds.

this is such a bad move... if DL wanna save face from his mistake, at least wait till the cavs game. celtics' switching long athletic wings are literally the worst matchup for conley

So if Quin made a decision he felt like was the best... then Mike gets upset and Joe offers to sit... can you see why people might be down on Mike? Can you see why this might be disruptive to a locker room? Based on what TJ was saying I think there is more to it, but either way something pretty bad happened here.

I think Mike gets better or continues his recent better play, but even if shots are going in I don't think he's developed the chemistry with Rudy. Joe has proven chemistry with him... IDK I do like that this will kind of be put up or shut up time for Mike and the team.
People change their minds. I don't know what happened and I'm not going to lambast a player if I don't have the facts. Plus, even if Mike did freak out about it enough to change the decision, I applaud him because it's the right move IMO.

Nothing is put up or shut up until the playoffs. I'll freak out if they lose in the first or second round (well at least if they get bounced easy in the 2nd). Until then I'm going to remain measured and not reactionary to slumps and turbulence.

I’ll always watch. The reality is they are not the team we hoped for or thought they would be. They’re underwhelming and simply not in the top tier of teams. They’ve lost almost every game that really meant something standings wise. They’ve lost the tiebreaker games. They’ve lost to depleted teams in matchups that mattered so much for standings. They are frauds.
Almost losing isn't a thing. You win or you lose. If you are going to baby back bitch about almost losing then youll cry about anything (which you do, see example of Mitchell and New York).