What's new

Conley Benched

Right there with you.

Might’ve resuscitated my interest in this stretch run.

Just when I'm like... see we are a functional front office with a spine... we will make the appropriate adjustment and get this figured out... then we go full stooped and they are like "nah we worse than you thought sucka!"

What an embarrassment.

this is really weird. It says they told the entire team at shootaround this morning that Conley was moving to the bench, and now they've changed their minds? they should've have been sure of their decision before telling they players. Maybe Conley didn't take the news well so they decided to bench Joe instead?

This situation probably gave Snyder about 100 new white hairs.

This smells like a coach making a decision and then the front office going... not so fast. This is not good... Quin met with the players individually and collectively everyone stepped aside... the news broke... and then they are like no all that has changed...

this is really weird. It says they told the entire team at shootaround this morning that Conley was moving to the bench, and now they've changed their minds? they should've have been sure of their decision before telling they players. Maybe Conley didn't take the news well so they decided to bench Joe instead?
Valid question. Unfortunately, every other question that comes to mind is equally embarrassing.

This smells like a coach making a decision and then the front office going... not so fast. This is not good... Quin met with the players individually and collectively everyone stepped aside... the news broke... and then they are like no all that has changed...
This is so ****ing bad. Mike Conley is flying up the ranks of most destructive players in Jazz history (and I'm sure he's a super nice guy).

It is either:

- front office meddling - you can't do this it looks bad for us
- Mike being mad after the fact... talking with his reps and then the organization bending to what he wants... I doubt this.
- Some weird media blow back... rabbit ears and them changing their mind
- Maybe some other player was like no lets try something else
- The coach being so indecisive that he changed his mind about a huge decision moments after executing the order.

This is one of the most painful seasons I can remember.

But it's cool, I am trying to waste less time on this garbage-addiction anyway.
Now its a train wreck that you can't look away from.

It is either:

- front office meddling - you can't do this it looks bad for us
- Mike being mad after the fact... talking with his reps and then the organization bending to what he wants... I doubt this.
- Some weird media blow back... rabbit ears and them changing their mind
- Maybe some other player was like no lets try something else
- The coach being so indecisive that he changed his mind about a huge decision moments after executing the order.

I would put up $100 it is not the last one mentioned.

My honest guess is that Joe volunteered to move to the bench.

I would put up $100 it is not the last one mentioned.

My honest guess is that Joe volunteered to move to the bench.
That would be the best case scenario... even that is not great. The coach should be making that determination. This also puts a huge amount of pressure on Mike to perform now.

I'm sorry but flip flopping on the decision like this make Quin look really bad.
I kind of feel like Quin went and made the change and DLJZ were like you didn't discuss this with us... anywell, anytime you are making a potentially sensitive/emotional decision you should try to negatively impact as many people as possible.

I'm sure Tony will come back with a full explanation... something like this "they decided to start mike instead of Joe" any details "they like that lineup" but why "they just changed they mind its fine... nothing to see here lols"

Until further details come I will assume Quin made the right decision... I support him. I think this was a front office, agent, or maybe Joe (why wouldn't he voice that when the met together prior to talking with the whole ****ing team and media).

Just something to file away... Mike's dad is his agent... at the trade deadline there was a statement that Mike didn't want to go to Utah, which originated from his "reps"

He's played like dog **** this year... Quin benches him... he's like **** you I ain't doing that. Agent call front office... and the front office publicly neuters their coach... this could be really really bad. Hope not.

Or Quin not having the balls to stick with it. Like I said yesterday, I’m not sure he has the balls to deal with players with egos.

You 100% know Mike complained about this and when he did, Joe probably took the bullet and said he would sit for Mike