What's new

Conley Benched

Should have listened until the end of the interview... TJ says what he thinks happened... and then kind of indicated you can go to joe and tell him hes playing less and not starting and its not a problem... but with Mike you might get more pushback.

Go listen yourself and see what you think... I'm 50/50 with either its mike or the front office. Either way the coach should answer too bad.

No ****, Tony. Because Joe’s a team player and Mike clearly isn’t as he says he is. But that shouldn’t make a difference, not one ****ing iota. You make the right decision that’s in the best interests of the team. Benching Conley was the right decision. ****ing cowards.

So either we have a disgruntled point guard who makes $30M+ per year and has sucked that was able to overthrow the coach... or we have a chicken **** front office that isn't above neutering the coach in public...

this is fine...

No ****, Tony. Because Joe’s a team player and Mike clearly isn’t as he says he is. But that shouldn’t make a difference, not one ****ing iota. You make the right decision that’s in the best interests of the team. Benching Conley was the right decision. ****ing cowards.

And no one would know Joe better than Quin... and how easy he would take it right? So that must mean it wasn't a toss up decision... it was a clear "this is where I feel we need to go" decision... and then someone got in the way.

Sort of hope we continue to suck, somehow miss out on the playoffs (nearly impossible I think) and get lucky in the lottery. Though DL and JZ wouldn’t deserve such a good pick.

I just listened to the interview too and I get the same impression as you. Quin and his staff made the decision to bench Mike and told the players and then Lindsey and Zanik got involved and changed his mind. The front office shouldn't be interfering in Quins coaching decisions.
I was hilarious how TJ was trying to walk the line of giving some info without saying the wrong thing... and how he "isn't sure what happened" and you know damn well he does. I don't blame him at all.

"other heads" "behind closed doors" and other kinda vague things... he did his best.

It might prove itself to be an adequate move, but still... I don't think Ingles airballing treys by a couple inches, Royce being blown by and shooting like 28% long balls, Rudy no "go to" move soft hands and easy to hack legs, or Donovan's suspicious ball handling and decision making had much to do with Mike shortcomings.
Of course, I wish I'm just stupid and Quin and our guys prove me wrong and beat the hell out off darn Celts.
Ya know, I actually think it does. It's all about chemistry and they're not comfortable playing with Mike. Donovan for one is indecisive, and Joe is not sure what Mike is going to do, and neither is Rudy. Mike is a bad fit and you saw how poorly he played defense in the last game.

I now believe Snyder and team have been wanting Conley pushed to the bench or farther for a while and management wouldn’t allow that and the coach and team were internally pissed and played with disfunction and less passion because of it. They know Conley is a golfing instead of playing not wanting to be here cancer

Yeah, from Tony’s interview I got the feeling Mike wasn’t okay with it because he felt like it was placing the blame on him for the struggles so they reversed coarse and asked the guy who they know is fine with coming off the bench. This isn’t great.

I think either Conley or his agent likely whined to the front office once the decision was made and then the front office told Quin that Mike needs to stay in the starting lineup.

I now believe Snyder and team have been wanting Conley pushed to the bench or farther for a while and management wouldn’t allow that and the coach and team were internally pissed and played with disfunction and less passion because of it. They know Conley is a golfing instead of playing not wanting to be here cancer
Listen to TJ's interview... I'm like 75-80% sure this was a management thing... but if it wasn't it was a Mike thing... not just quin changing his mind.

It does smack of the coach knows management won't like it and does it thinking once the cat is out of the bag we are good. TJ did mention they didn't want it to seem like Mike is to blame and some other ********... that could come from Mike or the front office... but let's say it turns around and now Joe is to blame? they don't care about that?

Some next level ******** going on here.

I agree times 1,000. From the leaks last spring, to the lopsided trade, to the disappointing start, to the injuries, then load management and now coaching from a spreadsheet.

Traded away your soul and abandoned your core values for a guy who didn't want to be here.
I think it's been pretty cemented DL is an average GM.

I was hilarious how TJ was trying to walk the line of giving some info without saying the wrong thing... and how he "isn't sure what happened" and you know damn well he does. I don't blame him at all.

"other heads" "behind closed doors" and other kinda vague things... he did his best.

Yeah, he was trying his best to dance around it. I liked that Checketts kept pressing him on it.

It was absolutely Dennis and Zanick, or Mike and his camp who raised a fuss. Give me back ****ing Rubio. The man wore a headband Joe shirt and Donovan’s mountain shoes to the game the other night. Ricky wanted so bad to be here and we pissed it away for this garbage. Me being one of guilty parties. I miss you Ricky and Derrick....SO MUCH.