What's new

Conley for Kuzma and Caruso?

Remember, I said from the start, I was being hypothetical and was unsure about the financial implications. I'm just one of those who thinks the Conley was in retrospect a mistake and trying to find ways to rectify it. The other thing is, does a wealthy organization like the Lakers care that much about exceeding the salary cap? The capologists -- I think Colton is one -- can weigh in on this and educate me and others about this.

Last edited:
The financial implications for LAL are unimportant, they cannot trade for him without including other guys, and it won't be a viable trade for either team.

Remember, I said from the start, I was being hypothetical and was unsure about the financial implications. I'm just one of those who thinks the Conley was in retrospect a mistake and trying to find ways to rectify it. The other thing is, does a wealthy organization like the Lakers care that much about exceeding the salary cap? The capologists -- I think Colton is one -- can weigh in on this and educate me and others about this.
I’m trying to figure out if serious or if this is a bad troll job.

If the jazz do anything else it will be a smaller trade like the Exum trade for Clark. It was a brilliant move that didn’t interfere with chemistry and brought life to the bench just like the Korver trade brought life to the long distant shooting last year.

If the jazz do anything else it will be a smaller trade like the Exum trade for Clark. It was a brilliant move that didn’t interfere with chemistry and brought life to the bench just like the Korver trade brought life to the long distant shooting last year.

They could use another guy with size/length and athleticism to defend bigs. If it's not going to be Ed, they should do him a solid and move him.

First and formost, this is what idiocy on the brain looks like. Second, the idiot thinks we can trade one of the highest paid players for someone on the low end.

Idiot!!!

At least we’d get an all star pg...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m trying to figure out if serious or if this is a bad troll job.
First of all, I don't know the rules regarding the Cap. I do know that there are penalties for exceeding it. But if a team is not worried about the penalties, then they can take on the extra salary, yes or no? If so, and the Lakers are only concerned about winning and not extra salary, then what I proposed is possible. What I don't know, is if the Cap rules prohibit this and I'm guessing they do, which is why I posted this, so someone who does know the rules, would explain it. Idiot.

It’s isn’t even close to feasible cap wise... Also, no thanks.

First of all, I don't know the rules regarding the Cap. I do know that there are penalties for exceeding it. But if a team is not worried about the penalties, then they can take on the extra salary, yes or no?
You’ve been here for a couple decades. You have to at least have a modicum of cursory cap knowledge. The answer to this question requires very basic knowledge.

You’ve been here for a couple decades. You have to at least have a modicum of cursory cap knowledge. The answer to this question requires very basic knowledge.
Ok, I quickly reviewed the cap rules. Sounds like taking on Conley's salary for those players would be prohibitive if they are already near the cap, causing them to pay a large luxury tax penalty. And like posters said, the Jazz would need to take more players, another thing the Lakers and the Jazz are unlikely to do.

First of all, I don't know the rules regarding the Cap. I do know that there are penalties for exceeding it. But if a team is not worried about the penalties, then they can take on the extra salary, yes or no? If so, and the Lakers are only concerned about winning and not extra salary, then what I proposed is possible. What I don't know, is if the Cap rules prohibit this and I'm guessing they do, which is why I posted this, so someone who does know the rules, would explain it. Idiot.

mods, this idiot should be banned for blatant use of a phrase I clearly trademarked. I feel my identity has been violated here, and I want justice.

also, @Eenie-Meenie everyone, even most fair weathered fans and idiots like me know you can’t trade a max guy for someone making as much... as little as Kuzma.

mods, this idiot should be banned for blatant use of a phrase I clearly trademarked. I feel my identity has been violated here, and I want justice.

also, @Eenie-Meenie everyone, even most fair weathered fans and idiots like me know you can’t trade a max guy for someone making as much... as little as Kuzma.
I know it was wishful thinking ... but that's what George Steinbrenner used to do in the old days of the Yankees. He didn't care how much he spent to get guys. That was I went out on a limb and wondered if there was ANY possible way to get Kuzma by trading Conley. Guess there is not unless we had another team involved and took in some large expiring salary.

I know it was wishful thinking ... but that's what George Steinbrenner used to do in the old days of the Yankees. He didn't care how much he spent to get guys. That was I went out on a limb and wondered if there was ANY possible way to get Kuzma by trading Conley. Guess there is not unless we had another team involved and took in some large expiring salary.
Since when did the jazz move to MLB? Stop with your excuses, idiot!!