What's new

Conley for Kuzma and Caruso?

Looks like the Lakers are looking for another playmaker and willing to trade Kuzma. Could such a deal be made? I know salaries don't match but is there a way to finagle this?

If the question is how we can guarantee that we don’t win a championship this year, the answer is give Conley to LAL.

If the question is how to guarantee an LAL championship, it’s the same answer.

If the question is how we can guarantee that we don’t win a championship this year, the answer is give Conley to LAL.

Yes, but I'm looking long term. The Jazz are not likely to win this year, but adding two, solid young players, especially one who fits the bill of a stretch-4 could bring huge dividends for the next few years when Rudy is in his prime and Donovan entering it.

how so? Conley ain't getting the ball from lebron, and he ain't no kyrie/wade like iso-player who could create/score at an elite level. he's not any more valuable to the lakers than danny green. not to mention his glaring weakness at defending the pick n roll. lakers would be crazy to go after conley.

Last edited:
when was the last time a true pg played a major part to lebron's team success? lebron's winning system has always followed a very specific formula, which doesn't involve a true pg.

Yes, but I'm looking long term. The Jazz are not likely to win this year, but adding two, solid young players, especially one who fits the bill of a stretch-4 could bring huge dividends for the next few years when Rudy is in his prime and Donovan entering it.

Weren’t Mitchell and Kuzma drafted in the same year? Won’t they both be asking for bigtime bucks once their rookie deals finish? Not sure we can hold onto gobert, Bogie, Mitchell, and Kuzma for the long-term.

Also, I think this trade helps the Lakers far more than it helps us.

when was the last time a true pg played a major part to lebron's team success? lebron's winning system has always followed a very specific formula, which doesn't involve a true pg.
I saw an article on Hoops Hype that the Lakers were looking for a playmaker to spell Lebron because Rondo isn't filling the bill, and willing to trade Kuzma for that guy. They might want a short-term solution like Conley, and for Conley this would be a chance for a ring if he could fit with Lebron.

I saw an article on Hoops Hype that the Lakers were looking for a playmaker to spell Lebron because Rondo isn't filling the bill. They might want a short-term solution like Conley, and for Conley this would be a chance for a ring if he could fit with Lebron.
oh well... that means conley would be coming off the bench, which i do believe is inevitable at this point.

I saw an article on Hoops Hype that the Lakers were looking for a playmaker to spell Lebron because Rondo isn't filling the bill, and willing to trade Kuzma for that guy. They might want a short-term solution like Conley, and for Conley this would be a chance for a ring if he could fit with Lebron.
So again, why are trying to help the fakers win a chip?. As you may notice, we are not making moves for the future, we are trying to contend now. Come playoff time we will also need more playmaking.

It seems you had a wild Saturday night :D

So again, why are trying to help the fakers win a chip?. As you may notice, we are not making moves for the future, we are trying to contend now. Come playoff time we will also need more playmaking.

It seems you had a wild Saturday night :D
As I explained, I'm looking long-term. Will it help the Lakers? Yes. But it will help the Jazz even more. It's like getting two, good young players for basically nothing -- Conley has not been playing and they've won eight straight. So, the Jazz will be better this year and even better in the next few years.

Good thing for Lebron "true pgs" dont exist anymore and Conley isnt one of them.

First and formost, this is what idiocy on the brain looks like. Second, the idiot thinks we can trade one of the highest paid players for someone on the low end.

No. Salaries don’t match. Lakers would need to include Danny Green and KCP and I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t trade those four players for Conley.

No. Salaries don’t match. Lakers would need to include Danny Green and KCP and I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t trade those four players for Conley.
And even if they did, we'd have to waive three guys to make that happen.