What's new

Conley hamstringing again

We don’t have anybody that matches up well with Luka. He’s averaged 33/9/9 for his career in the playoffs. He’ll roast Joe. And Joe has handled PG pretty well before, FYI.
Royce does fine on him. He's going to get the stepbacks and ****... its about making sure they don't get the easy stuff and Rudy will help with that. I don't think they can stop us. Both teams looked like **** last night. I think when you have one guy running everything it is easier for us to guard. If Zinger isn't burying threes all series I think we'd beat them in 6.

Clips come at you from multiple places but just kinda look unfocused and like you can get them off their gameplan. I think we've got a great shot against either team. Pretty exciting stuff.

We don’t have anybody that matches up well with Luka. He’s averaged 33/9/9 for his career in the playoffs. He’ll roast Joe. And Joe has handled PG pretty well before, FYI.
OK, Luca scores 40. Who defends Mitchel, Gobert, Conley, and Bojan? The rest of the Mavs are goin g to need to score 80 to even stay in competition.

Dallas has a short bench with lots of scrubs (which is great) but I'm concerned with how we guard their starting five. Definitely some mismatches in Dallas' favor.

Luka is amazing, but I don't think he's enough to beat this Jazz team.

At least Clarkson has had two good games in a row. If we had bad Clarkson still I dont know if we could survive without Conley. Hopefully he doenst miss too many games.

I have no idea what's going on with Dallas though. I havent watched enough of the series to say what's going on, but it's strange Brunson/Richardson are getting so few minutes.

Are they injured or does Carlisle really not trust them enough to the point he's willing to ride THJ for 45 minutes?

I want Dallas to win just because I want nothing more than to see the league darlings (Lakers, Clippers, Nets) knocked out of the playoffs early. That would be fantastic.
I really Luka’s game he’s so unselfish and quite honestly if he’s off that team the Mavericks are dreadful. I watched part of that game against the clips and they missed so many open 3’s that the jazz would’ve nailed. I actually think we can beat the Mavs without Conley. But, we can’t beat the clips without Conley...

I have no idea what's going on with Dallas though. I havent watched enough of the series to say what's going on, but it's strange Brunson/Richardson are getting so few minutes.

Are they injured or does Carlisle really not trust them enough to the point he's willing to ride THJ for 45 minutes?

THJ has been their second best player in the series.

And totally crushing the Clippers the year before, off the top of my head.
He was passing up open shots at an alarming rate last night. No idea what is happening. Is it an injury? something mental?

Its really worrisome especially since Mike is hurting.

He was passing up open shots at an alarming rate last night. No idea what is happening. Is it an injury? something mental?

I think it's because the team was on fire and he could.

Joe's been much more impactful as a starter, so maybe MIke being out for a game or 2 will motivate him to step up and be aggressive.

The thing that worries me the most is that his drive and kick game has been kind of sus lately. It's probably just the bad plays sticking out in my head, but he seems to be turning it over at an alarming rate on those plays, and the kind that lead directly to points.

He’s gotta be hurt. I think he’s mentally on top of the game, and I don’t think it’s a pure coincidence that as he’s aged, his late-season contributions have dwindled. Though FWIW, in the Rockets series two years ago, they made Joe a fundamental part of their defensive strategy.

What I’m getting at is it shouldn’t be shocking that an unathletic 30-something dude that the Jazz have relied on too heavily might break down.

The way he is playing right now defies reasoning besides something physical or recent psychological trauma.

Last edited:
I'd guess Joe just wuasn't our best option to attack Memphis on ball pressure and because of that Quin preferred others to create on the ball and Joe was fine with the ball going for and through others as he usually is

Last edited:

I think he's nursing an injury of some kind. Of course unless something gets leaked about it we'll never know.