What's new

Conley is a chemistry problem and we should trade him

Just imagine how much better our bench would have been if we would have kept Faves and Crowder plus signed someone else.

Hindsight is 20/20, nobody expected him to bust this hard, but sad to know that we whiffed.

Mmm, Favors had to go in order to sign Boggie. The question should be what other players we could have gotten with Crowder, Allen, Exum, etc. We will never know.

Having said that. I wish Favors was here, although at a lower number.

Last edited:
Last night was clearly Conleys fault... Mudiay felt like he really had to play well to earn his spot back and tried too hard to play outside of himself. Also, DM being the ultimate teammate didn’t want the “Conley is the problem” narrative around the team so he didn’t try last night. He’s the ultimate teammate. Conley is a cancer.

27-1. That was the run Denver put on us and you can't blame Conley and TB because they were sitting during this carnage. And yes that was a shorthanded Nuggs team that did this. What would Sloan or Phil Johnson have done during this blitz.

This last week has been kinda tough... our record against good opponents is concerning... I’m just going to proceed like we are a good but not great team and hope we can win a playoff series and make some noise... rather than thinking we are a real title contender.

Last night before we pooped our pants we had at least 5 opportunities to really create some separation and effed it up with silly fixable mistakes... kinda maddening. Those are the times you step on the throat and we didn’t.

I think the mental fatigue is as bad as the physical fatigue and a break would be good... pre trade deadline has to be the worst week for these guys... just had some winnable games if we played just a little smarter or better... still flippin love these guys and living and dying with them... I am going to abstain from fake trading anyone for the next 3 days to show my support to the team and it’s players.

27-1. That was the run Denver put on us and you can't blame Conley and TB because they were sitting during this carnage. And yes that was a shorthanded Nuggs team that did this. What would Sloan or Phil Johnson have done during this blitz.
It was all sarcasm my dude. That run was miserable and you do that you lose... not one persons fault either... team effort.

It was all sarcasm my dude. That run was miserable and you do that you lose... not one persons fault either... team effort.
It drives me crazy that when this happens do the Morgans, NWGs, Tuckers, Onis, JWFs or Brantleys get a sniff of the court? Nope I guess they aren't talented enough. Jeebus we just got outscored by 26 in a short period of time. Bring back Jeff Green then.

It drives me crazy that when this happens do the Morgans, NWGs, Tuckers, Onis, JWFs or Brantleys get a sniff of the court? Nope I guess they aren't talented enough. Jeebus we just got outscored by 26 in a short period of time. Bring back Jeff Green then.
I'm with you 1000%... well until you said bring back Jeff Green.

Last night was clearly Conleys fault... Mudiay felt like he really had to play well to earn his spot back and tried too hard to play outside of himself. Also, DM being the ultimate teammate didn’t want the “Conley is the problem” narrative around the team so he didn’t try last night. He’s the ultimate teammate. Conley is a cancer.
Lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Have a cardiac?

From Shams Charania's latest NBA notes article at The Athletic:

Utah Jazz

The Jazz are on the verge of placing guard Mike Conley Jr. back into the starting lineup, according to sources. Conley has come off the bench in his six games since returning from an aggravated hamstring strain. This will serve as a critical test for Utah to regain chemistry with Conley in the starting lineup alongside All-Stars Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert.

From Shams Charania's latest NBA notes article at The Athletic:

Utah Jazz

The Jazz are on the verge of placing guard Mike Conley Jr. back into the starting lineup, according to sources. Conley has come off the bench in his six games since returning from an aggravated hamstring strain. This will serve as a critical test for Utah to regain chemistry with Conley in the starting lineup alongside All-Stars Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert.

Well here we go... this will test whether or not he's the problem or if it was a Joe Ingles funk or schedule thing. The good news is we have something we know works really well that we can come back to. Wondering if it is Joe or Royce that move to the bench.

Well here we go... this will test whether or not he's the problem or if it was a Joe Ingles funk or schedule thing. The good news is we have something we know works really well that we can come back to. Wondering if it is Joe or Royce that move to the bench.

At this point I'd probably say Joe. I've noticed since Conley came back Quin hasn't had him and Joe on the court together hardly at all and I'm not sure we've even seen the Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Bogey/Gobert lineup but we've seen quite a few minutes of the Conley/Mitchell/Bogey/Royce/Rudy lineup. I'm thinking maybe the coaching staff doesn't think Mike and Joe are a good fit together. I could be totally wrong though.

At this point I'd probably say Joe. I've noticed since Conley came back Quin hasn't had him and Joe on the court together hardly at all and I'm not sure we've even seen the Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Bogey/Gobert lineup but we've seen quite a few minutes of the Conley/Mitchell/Bogey/Royce/Rudy lineup. I'm thinking maybe the coaching staff doesn't think Mike and Joe are a good fit together. I could be totally wrong though.
I don't know if they are a bad fit per se... I just think you want Joe running pick and roll with Rudy if he's in the game. I would likely move Joe back to the bench... if we found a good pick and roll partner for him. I think we might get scared off by how horrible it went first time around.

This is a tough decision.

If Joe goes to the bench, Rudy’s production will noticeably decrease and you have my guarantee on that. Probably Joe’s as well.