What's new

Conley is a chemistry problem and we should trade him

Easy about Joe: no offseason, looked tired from the beginning. Then he had to come off the bench: struggled mightily without a roll partner and playing alongside terrible bench players. As a starter, gets more confortable playing with Rudy and more space around him. Problem: he is also playing major minutes, about 33mpg (in late december he had too many games around 38-39). That's too much given his age and role. In early January his minutes start decreasing. At this point he is probably tired and it shows with his defense. Ideally, he shouldn't be playing more than 30mpg.

Conley came back and we still won 4 games in a row. Why did we lose? It wasn't the offense (except against the Rockets, where it was both O&D). It was the atrocious perimeter defense the last couple of games. You don't win many games against anyone with that effort. Joe, Bojan and Royce were terrible defensively. How is that Conley's fault? And btw, we might lose tonight on the road on a B2B if we don't bring our A+ game.
To be fair Conley was still on a minute restriction when the Jazz were still winning. I really think Mudiay for what ever reason actually fits better on the team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

All this talk about Conley on offense but his defense has been non existent. Having conley in the lineup with mitchell gives utah one of the smallest defensive backcourts in the league. Where as if the jazz put mitchell at PG and pair him with a taller SG whose a 3 and D guy then maybe the jazz have a shot. Instead they have conley average small defender ingles ave defender with limited lateral quickness bogie not a good defender and royce playing the 4. Its a poorly constructed unit. Jazz sacrificed defense for shooting and while bogie has been good on offense conley hasnt.
Jazz as others have mentioned should have put mitchell at PG and focused on finding him a bigger running mate at SG instead they paired him with a skinny small PG who cant shoot or play D:(

All this talk about Conley on offense but his defense has been non existent. Having conley in the lineup with mitchell gives utah one of the smallest defensive backcourts in the league. Where as if the jazz put mitchell at PG and pair him with a taller SG whose a 3 and D guy then maybe the jazz have a shot. Instead they have conley average small defender ingles ave defender with limited lateral quickness bogie not a good defender and royce playing the 4. Its a poorly constructed unit. Jazz sacrificed defense for shooting and while bogie has been good on offense conley hasnt.
Jazz as others have mentioned should have put mitchell at PG and focused on finding him a bigger running mate at SG instead they paired him with a skinny small PG who cant shoot or play D:(

This was my initial take is that if you can choose to be bigger on the wing or smaller then you should likely go bigger... DM should be the smallest guy on the court for the Jazz even though he's not a true point guard.

Mike is resting tonight with a knee injury/maintenance... Watch the Conley naysayers (I'm definitely trending that way) go nuts if Mudiay plays well and we win.

Bradley might also be out.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Mike playing over 20min coincides with our brutal part of the schedule and our bench being non-existent. As Locke pointed out, Conley had a positive +/- as a starter. Him not playing overlaps with one of the easiest schedules in the league (playing only one team over .500). And now we are playing big teams again, which is exposing some weaknesses but everyone is quick to point at Conley as the culprit.

If you look closely, our perimeter defense is at fault: Ingles, Royce and Bojan has been unable to defend big scoring threats. Even Donovan has been average at that end.
WE HAVE LOST TO HOUSTON WITHOUT 3 STARTERS AND SPURS WITHOUT ALDRIDGE.

We cant stand pat,we need to add a player as all contenders will.Hoping Unicorns fly in and bless Conleys game is not the answer this team needs.

WE HAVE LOST TO HOUSTON WITHOUT 3 STARTERS AND SPURS WITHOUT ALDRIDGE.
WRITING IN CAPS MAKES YOU FEEL RIGHT ABOUT YOURSELF????

Again, address the point: our defense in those games were atrocious. Same against the Pelicans (and Conley didn't play there)

And a loss? I mean, @Shad is already predicting a 40pt loss :D
Denver has depth but they are missing Harris, Murray, Millsap, and Plumlee… I think we should win... can't let Barton go for 100 pts... but Rudy does a great job on Jokic (who is foul prone).

So win we win there will be a lot of:

"see Conley suck we don't even need him"

The pro-Conley's will say "well actually we would have won by more if Conley was there because he's Mike Effing Conley" and we just happened to play better... nothing to see here.

Denver has depth but they are missing Harris, Murray, Millsap, and Plumlee… I think we should win... can't let Barton go for 100 pts... but Rudy does a great job on Jokic (who is foul prone).

So win we win there will be a lot of:

"see Conley suck we don't even need him"

The pro-Conley's will say "well actually we would have won by more if Conley was there because he's Mike Effing Conley" and we just happened to play better... nothing to see here.

I was joking.

We should win but B2B in Denver are tough. 50/50, Conley or not. Maybe Mudiays' revenge game? ha. Then Conley's naysayers would be like "Mudiay should be starting", "Brevin Knight was better than Conley", etc.

With the all star node, I hope they play loose and have fun. And Rudy kick Jokic's ***.

I was joking.

We should win but B2B in Denver are tough. 50/50, Conley or not. Maybe Mudiays' revenge game? ha. Then Conley's naysayers would be like "Mudiay should be starting", "Brevin Knight was better than Conley", etc.

With the all star node, I hope they play loose and have fun. And Rudy kick Jokic's ***.
I agree I do think this is a 50/50 game. Denver at home in a back to back could be brutal. Barton kills us on the reg and he’s been so good this year.

Just imagine how much better our bench would have been if we would have kept Faves and Crowder plus signed someone else.

Hindsight is 20/20, nobody expected him to bust this hard, but sad to know that we whiffed.