What's new

Conley is back in the bubble and hopes to play Game 3

Denver doesn't have anybody that can defend Mitchell straight up. They can either continue to double him or he will run wild. It's kind of like our decision when we play against Harden. Denver just has to hope the Jazz shoot woeful from 3.

Snyder is a far better coach than Malone. With the talent being equal, which it is close, that should be the difference.
I agree, in general. But we didn’t get a coaching bump in game 1, imo. And there were 8-10 minutes at the end of the first quarter running into the second quarter of game 2 that didn’t look so good to me, either.

I think it’s within Snyder’s capabilities to pull further ahead on his end of the competition, but he hasn’t been dunking in Malone’s face so far.

I agree, in general. But we didn’t get a coaching bump in game 1, imo. And there were 8-10 minutes at the end of the first quarter running into the second quarter of game 2 that didn’t look so good to me, either.

I think it’s within Snyder’s capabilities to pull further ahead on his end of the competition, but he hasn’t been dunking in Malone’s face so far.

Snyder didn't make the Jazz players outside of Ingles and Mitchell miss their uncontested 3's. GObert's 1-6 from the line didn't help either. The gameplan was solid, Denver is going to put up points, it's what they do. Denver is good enough that you need coaching AND great team performance.

Snyder has the new "problem" of adding in Conley, while Malone has to learn to work without Harris and Barton. Long term adjustment-wise Snyder has the edge, and increasingly the injury advantage. Still need to hit open shots though. I suspect Jazz will have one more game at least where this suddenly becomes hard for some reason.

Snyder didn't make the Jazz players outside of Ingles and Mitchell miss their uncontested 3's. GObert's 1-6 from the line didn't help either. The gameplan was solid, Denver is going to put up points, it's what they do. Denver is good enough that you need coaching AND great team performance.

Snyder has the new "problem" of adding in Conley, while Malone has to learn to work without Harris and Barton. Long term adjustment-wise Snyder has the edge, and increasingly the injury advantage. Still need to hit open shots though. I suspect Jazz will have one more game at least where this suddenly becomes hard for some reason.
I expected you to disagree and critique.

Snyder wasn’t great in game 1—particularly at the end of regulation and overtime. I find this claim to be pretty ****ing safe/non-controversial

I’m excited to have him back. But I wish he were coming off the bench.
As predicted, Conley subbed out 5 minutes into the game. He will play a lot with the second unit. The starting lineup looks fine. Ingles and DM getting the ball a lot.

Last edited:
As predicted, Conley subbed out at the 5 minute mark. He will play a lot with the second unit. The starting lineup looks fine. Ingles and DM getting the ball a lot.
I liked that Q kept Royce on Murray. I’m not surprised by Conley’s early sub. I think Denver missed an opportunity to set a more physical tone against our starters (but maybe the bubble is helping us here, because these are less physical than normal playoff games).

I liked that Q kept Royce on Murray. I’m not surprised by Conley’s early sub. I think Denver missed an opportunity to set a more physical tone against our starters (but maybe the bubble is helping us here, because these are less physical than normal playoff games).
Yeah, Royce on Murray is a no brainer at this point. They ran a lots of plays for Murray early on, but the Jazz defense reacted after a few mistakes on screens. We have more intensity now.

I expected you to disagree and critique.

Snyder wasn’t great in game 1—particularly at the end of regulation and overtime. I find this claim to be pretty ****ing safe/non-controversial

Snyder's gameplan certainly looks superior to Malone's this afternoon. Still 3 quarters to go. . .