What's new

Consensus Mock Draft Pick #9 Utah Jazz

Who are the Utah Jazz going to draft at #9?

• Keyonte George

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Smith Jr

• Kris Murray

• Dariq Whitehead

• Derek Lively

• GG Jackson

• Brice Snsabaugh

• Leonard Miller

• Other - please specify

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chargers Jazz Angels

San Antonio Spurs - Draft Victor Wimbanyama (Figure we didn't need to vote on this)
Charlotte Hornets - Draft Brandon Miller
Portland Trailer Blazers - Draft Scoot Henderson
Houston Rockets - Draft Amen Thompson
Detroit Pistons - Draft Cam Whitmore
Orlando Magic - Draft Ausar Thompson
Indiana Pacers - Draft Jarace Walker
Washington Wizards - Draft Anthony Black
Utah Jazz -
Dallas Mavericks -
OKC Thunder -
Toronto Raptors -
New Orleans Pelicans -
Atlanta Hawks -
Utah Jazz -
LA Lakers -
Miami Heat -
Golden State Warriors -
Houston Rockets -
Brooklyn Nets -
Brooklyn Nets -
Portland Trail Blazers -
Sacramento Kings -
Memphis Grizzlies -
Indiana Pacers -
Charlotte Hornets -
Utah Jazz -
Indiana Pacers -
LA Clippers -

Hendricks could easily go as high as #5 (could even make an argument at #4). Someone that can fit into lineups so easily is relatively easy to match to different team needs. I am not sure to what degree I voted the way I did out of wanting Hendricks to land here, but it was probably somewhat influenced.

At #4/#5 it just feels like too much of a reach. For Orlando it feels like too much of a positional logjam when they also have such a glaring need for a lights out shooting guard. For Indy, I think Walker just rounds them out better since I think they already have plenty of spacing and could utilize the bulk and versatility of Walker. For Washington, I could really see them going Hendricks, but I decided that whether they kept Beal and wanted to round out the backcourt OR blow it up that Black is probably the better pick either way.

No doubt. But if he is not there, I think Dick is who we should go for. Think he would fit in quite nicely.
Problem with Gradey is the Jazz don’t really need more low-usage guys that need to be set up.

Hendricks presents some of the same issue, but he comes with great and versatile defense that could open up a legit 5-out lineup.

I go Wallace if Hendricks is off the board and am pretty comfortable with that. Would love to get Gradey somehow, but ideally not with the first pick.

I don't think Locke is as tuned in to the front office as before, but he's spent a lot of time talking about drafting a point guard.

I want the jazz to get Hendricks if they stay at 9 but I think he will be gone and the jazz take Wallace.

I want the jazz to get Hendricks if they stay at 9 but I think he will be gone and the jazz take Wallace.
In that case I hope they trade up for Scoot or back to #12 and get our ‘24 pick back. I think if Wallace is on the board at #9 and the Jazz don’t draft him he could tumble a ways and will likely be there at #12 (where OKC is probably meh on him).

In that case I hope they trade up for Scoot or back to #12 and get our ‘24 pick back. I think if Wallace is on the board at #9 and the Jazz don’t draft him he could tumble a ways and will likely be there at #12 (where OKC is probably meh on him).

Exactly. Zero reason to draft him at 9.

I don't think Locke is as tuned in to the front office as before, but he's spent a lot of time talking about drafting a point guard.
My post above was actually meant to be a response to this post from @SoberasHotRod because that is a worthy observation.

Locke has given a good chunk of play to trading up for Scoot…

Exactly. Zero reason to draft him at 9.
I mean, I’m game, but if Black and Hendricks are both gone then that means that Walker could still be on the board and I would much rather cash in and trade down a couple spots and grab Cason than not capitalize. I feel like some teams could get real jumpy if they’re high on Walker.

My post above was actually meant to be a response to this post from @SoberasHotRod because that is a worthy observation.

Locke has given a good chunk of play to trading up for Scoot…

In the past you could listen to Locke and read between some lines to know exactly what the Jazz were thinking. It's not super clear if that's still the case. All evidence points to Ainge being much tighter to the vest when it comes to our draft strategy than we have been in the past.