What's new

Coronavirus

When they were going up it wasn't debatable. When they were going up it was because of Trump.

If he wants to own the DOW then let him own the DOW.

I have long understood how DumpTrumpsters will make use of Trumps bragging when things head south. I've been trying to tell my wife, who knows better than to listen to me, to back her 401(k) fund off the up bet at least for this year, because I fully expect Soros, Gates, Blumenthal, the Kock Brothers, the Rockefellers and Fords and all the other "Right People" old money hags, as well as the politically invested technology believers in globalism, to run a dump on the Dow pump machine.

But Trump won't listen to me any better than my wife does. Damn people. I go around telling everyone to think for themselves, and it's a fright when they listen to me.

I have long understood how DumpTrumpsters will make use of Trumps bragging when things head south. I've been trying to tell my wife, who knows better than to listen to me, to back her 401(k) fund off the up bet at least for this year, because I fully expect Soros, Gates, Blumenthal, the Kock Brothers, the Rockefellers and Fords and all the other "Right People" old money hags, as well as the politically invested technology believers in globalism, to run a dump on the Dow pump machine.

But Trump won't listen to me any better than my wife does. Damn people. I go around telling everyone to think for themselves, and it's a fright when they listen to me.
Trump was taking credit for the DOW.

Did you admonish that behavior when the DOW was up?

If you did please post the link.

If you didn't, why didn't you?

Typically, when investors feel the **** is hitting fan precious metals go up.

Gold went down this week like $60 an ounce.

This is part of a slow down that has building up for months. The panic over the virus might be a catalyst for short term swings in numbers - but it's certainly not the root cause.

But Gold and Silver have had a recent spike of 200 for gold and 4 for silver..... I think a lot of Chinese buying going on.

If it is all there is to it, I'd give it about two months to reverse itself and blow up into a bigger bubble than ever..... Dow down to 20k, then up to 35k....Crazy times.

Because, if it's just supply chain problems and fear impacts on travel and recreation, or employee absenteeism and production reductions, there will be a huge rebound when the vaccine(s) are being publicly dispersed. And the crazy Trump optimism looks like a juggernaut heading into Election 2020, especially considering the weak sister Dem offerings.

This weekend is CPAC, and if you get onto XM 125 The Patriot, just one notch from the XM lefty channel you probably listen to, you'll see how optimistic it looks for the
Trumpsters.

Trump was taking credit for the DOW.

Did you admonish that behavior when the DOW was up?

If you did please post the link.

If you didn't, why didn't you?

No sir. Not worth the effort. He deserves the up credit because he created a more business-friendly situation than Obama did. Obama and the progressive globalists have been working on suppressing the American economy, and building up China, for decades, encouraging export of high-paying jobs to cheap labor markets, to the benefit of non-American Corporate endtities, which our insider class of globalist corporate interests have invested in overseas. Trump has been making the playing field more competitive for American-located production, bringing jobs back here.

American workers are about 10X in productivity per employee than almost any other place. Skill, equipment, experience, work ethic culture. A Chinese yogurt plant would use less productive investment in machinery and a lot more little workers trying to make yogurt in little batches.

I do believe Trump ought to crow less, and I fully recognize that a correction is usual after a run up in the markets, and long overdue.

But this "correction" has a rational, realistic basis in impacts froim a developing pandemic, though I expect the fear projections right now can and should be met with a very successful response in developing a vaccine, and in public measures like aggressive testing and all kinds of behavioral and managerial effective measures like encouraging sniffly employees to stay home a few days, travel restrictions, quarantines.

I think Trump began appropriate responses early in January, and that the measures have helped. I believe we have good hope for an effective vaccine available with two to three months.

I think realistically, this will be a pandemic with over 40% of the world population being affected. Mortality rates will be higher in undeveloped areas with less health care infrastructure. It looks like CoViD-19 is over 100X ordinary flue in transmissability, and in mortality rate as well. So I expect the death toll could go into the millions worldwide.

Still, I think my little protocol for personal protection is as effective as any vaccine we will produce. Masks will be in short supply, but we can attack the transmission vectors with bleach fumes, chlorine and ozone, or uv lights, which will directly destroy the virus in the air, or in the upper respiratory track. And in fact, if it goes to the lungs, where is causes cell death in the lining tissues and enables opportunistic secondary infections and sepsis or toxic shock capable of causing lethal organ failures, I think there is a safe dose of chlorine that will kill the virus in the lung surfaces without significant additional damage to lung tissues.....But I'm not the doctor.

I use bleach almost daily in my work, and have done so for years. I never get the flu shots, and I haven't had the flu in years. Even when the rest of the family is down with it. Sometimes I use too much bleach in my routine, enough to send the uninitiated running for fresh air, enough I smell like it for hours after, or until I take a bath. But it is the active ingredient in effective disinfectants, and I use it for its antiviral potency in my job.

So, the fact that nobody listens to me is a bit disheartening, but the standard protocols are also going to be effective. The morbid effects of serious pneumonia will largely be the result of people not having the information, the masks, the sense to wash hands or disinfect their personal space, or the ability to just stay home, or the health care and vaccinations. Africa and Brazil, India and the Middle East, will be affected more than east Asia, where the health care and education is better. And God save North Korea, which has a large migratory work force in China and a lot of back and forth movement. And no serious health infrastructure.

When the Dow goes up it’s all due to trump.
When it drops it’s all due to something else.

Got it. Definitely not a cult.

Speaking of censorship

I listened to the Presidential news conference where Pence was announced, and to his CPAC speech. It really looks to me like he is in full management mode, and will seriously try to stop "leaks" from suspected Trumpdumpster sorts, Obama plants, in our various agencies.

I'm more of a "let it all hang out" sort of guy myself, perfectly pleased to sort out the trash. But I don't think Trump or Pence is anything near what a Hillary or Obama would be in terms of "damage control" politics. I know Xi is in full suppression mode, and has been since December. But he did take crucial action in getting the genome and sending it out to labs. International positive action. But we still need CatchAll and about a zillion speculators to fill in the blanks...….

Last edited:
When the Dow goes up it’s all due to trump.
When it drops it’s all due to something else.

Got it. Definitely not a cult.

Why go to the "Cult" slur when it's explained well enough by policy and regulatory adjustments and a pandemic originating in China.

I don't think politicizing the pandemic is constructive or relevant. Trump was criticized for his early travel restriction announcement regarding the affected area of China, preventing untested, unscreened, or un-evaluated people from coming here from areas known to be affected in China. His critics were pretty hot in opposing that.

Pelosi and the dems were almost absolutely focused on impeachment, and held no hearings, allocated no money, produced no bill supporting investigation, research, or prevention of CoViD-19 pandemic, and now, months after Trump's early actions, they still have no real plan, but they did appropriate money recently.

Trump asked for 2.5B, and Pelosi upped it to 8.5, and Trump said "Sure". Trump will do whatever he knows to do with whatever tools or capabilities he is given.

Why go to the "Cult" slur when it's explained well enough by policy and regulatory adjustments and a pandemic originating in China.

I don't think politicizing the pandemic is constructive or relevant. Trump was criticized for his early travel restriction announcement regarding the affected area of China, preventing untested, unscreened, or un-evaluated people from coming here from areas known to be affected in China. His critics were pretty hot in opposing that.

Pelosi and the dems were almost absolutely focused on impeachment, and held no hearings, allocated no money, produced no bill supporting investigation, research, or prevention of CoViD-19 pandemic, and now, months after Trump's early actions, they still have no real plan, but they did appropriate money recently.

Trump asked for 2.5B, and Pelosi upped it to 8.5, and Trump said "Sure". Trump will do whatever he knows to do with whatever tools or capabilities he is given.
Warren has a plan. Tear down the wall that's meant exactly for security reasons like this, open the borders so we have no clue who's coming in, and use that money to fund vaccine research because throwing money at the issue will make the virus go away.

depending on your complicity score, or participation score, in global population management schemes, this can be a good thing just as much as your insinuation that it's bad.

Only a political hack employed to calm or direct public opinion need worry about alarmist theories being hatched free-will all over the world. Even I don't have time to examine them all, and nobody believes them in the first place. They are basically conjectural in nature, and anyone who takes one serious is already in the mode of fabricating further refinements on some damn near endless list of possibilities.

More to the point, reasonable people today don't just simply believe anything our Media or our government says in the first place. It's almost Un-American not to question authority.
Not trusting the government is great. Not trusting something the media said and doing your own research is also great.

Entertaining something that is pretty easy to figure out is not true is just being dumb, gullible, ignorant, trolling, harmful, or many other options but not smart or a good thing.

Nope, just waiting for the mortality data to show up as it pertains to caucasians.
That is fine, but what you posted is pretty easy to figure out is false. But you pretty consistently are showing that you are prone or gullible to believing really outlandish things that can easily be disproved.

I'm working on some really good ones, but the tldnr crowd is not my best market.

I can see you contracted the Chinese compliance virus or the Chinese social credits virus. Take care. Put your cognitive tools in a safe place, or ship them back home before they're irreparably damaged.
Yeah...Since I only say good things about China... oh wait...

Looks like another one of your "theories" is easily proven wrong again.

That is fine, but what you posted is pretty easy to figure out is false. But you pretty consistently are showing that you are prone or gullible to believing really outlandish things that can easily be disproved.

Wait, aren't you inside China and prone to listening to what the communist government there is telling you? I can guarantee they aren't telling you the facts. It's much, much more probable that the virus escaped containment at the BSL-4 facility than jumping from a bat to a human at the market, especially since patient zero didn't catch the virus at the market. The BSL-4 facility had published research years ago showing that it was inserting an HIV strain into a coronavirus, and that now appears to be what the virus is--something that doesn't exist in nature. At the same time, the ccp isn't letting anyone from the west analyze the data at ground zero.

Wait, aren't you inside China and prone to listening to what the communist government there is telling you? I can guarantee they aren't telling you the facts. It's much, much more probable that the virus escaped containment at the BSL-4 facility than it jumped from a bat to a human at the market, especially since patient zero didn't catch the virus at the market. The BSL-4 facility had published research showing that it was inserting an HIV strain into a coronavirus, and that now appears to be what the virus is. At the same time, the ccp isn't letting anyone from the west analyze the data at ground zero.

They are telling things that are not true. Just like the american government tells me things that are not true. Its pretty easy to get other information and study it though regardless of where I am.

There is some possibility of it escaping from a lab. I would not say its more likely though. There is quite the history of various coronavirus's that we can study and see. A virus jumping from an animal to a human has happened a lot in the history of humans. One of the things we call the common cold that everyone gets is a coronavirus and has been around as long as we know. Besides what you are saying about the virus does not fit into your silly theory you posted about corona virus not existing at all.

They have let people from the west analyze data. The virus is in many other countries being studied. Many patients have been studied with the virus all around the world from multiple doctors and independent labs. Your silly conspiracy is outlandish at best. Unless you think thousands of people from many many many countries are all in on this.

Wait, aren't you inside China and prone to listening to what the communist government there is telling you? I can guarantee they aren't telling you the facts. It's much, much more probable that the virus escaped containment at the BSL-4 facility than jumping from a bat to a human at the market, especially since patient zero didn't catch the virus at the market. The BSL-4 facility had published research years ago showing that it was inserting an HIV strain into a coronavirus, and that now appears to be what the virus is--something that doesn't exist in nature. At the same time, the ccp isn't letting anyone from the west analyze the data at ground zero.
Do you even VPN, bro?

Do you even VPN, bro?
Funny story I got my Chinese drivers license yesterday and one areas of the police station was an information area. But like many things in China the English translation was bad and called it the propaganda area. It made for a good picture! I am pretty sure they have never had a foreigner get a drivers license here, it was a bit of an ordeal and they took a ton of pictures of me. They did make me watch movie about speeding that basically just showed tons of really bad and deadly accidents. Quite the scare you out of speeding tactic.

I have had a few too many police run ins in this town for my liking. Sneaking out to the actual speak easy bars and mahjong places has got me on thin ice among a few things with the police here. Small town police are pretty easy going though, just like in the USA.

Well, I had no idea Democrats were fervently hoping that millions of Americans will die! My God, how dastardly!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/28/politics/donald-trump-jr-coronavirus-democrats/index.html

Brian Kilmeade: And so now we're getting to sprint towards November for -- to -- to see if your dad can get four more years. Are you surprised the way they've been handling the coronavirus situation, meaning Democrats?

Don Jr.: Not at all. I mean, we've seen -- like you said, we've seen this play out for four years. Anything that they can use to try to hurt Trump, they will. Anything he does in a positive sense, like you heard from the reporter that was just suspended from ABC, they will not give him credit for. The playbook is old at this point.

But for them to try to take a pandemic and seemingly hope that it comes here, and kills millions of people so that they could end Donald Trump's streak of winning, is a new level of sickness. You know, I don't know if this is coronavirus or Trump derangement syndrome, but these people are infected badly.
---------------------
Well, perhaps the president was more unifying at last night's rally in South Carolina? Or, maybe not....

Last edited: