What's new

Corruption of the media getting worse and worse

It's shocking that anyone buys the crap the right is selling, and this is coming from someone that wanted McCain and Romey over Obama.

I used to listen to Rush and Hannity every day (and Glenn Beck). I don't remember when, but I was listening to Hannity one day and I realized that ever person that called in, he had no intelligent answers to give.

It was just a few talking points and cutting people off.

Hannity is just an entertainer, yet people have started to buy into his schtick and I think he has started to buy into it.

The whole pizza gate and Alex Jones...it's quite pathetic that people buy into this crap.

It's terrifying.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/donald-trump-conservative-media-charlie-sykes-214483

Article is from a conservative radio show host talking about fake news and the like.

Maybe the hate American culture an values should stop fueling this movement? You ever think about that [MENTION=840]fishonjazz[/MENTION]? Disenfranchised people will buy in to a lot of stuff when you an the main stream media constantly tell them they are uneducated backwards rednecks homophobes xenophobic racists big crony capitalist supporting idiots.

Good job creating alt right media an Donald Trump. Pat yourselfs on the back for creating the rise of what you despise.

Maybe the hate American culture an values should stop fueling this movement? You ever think about that [MENTION=840]fishonjazz[/MENTION]? Disenfranchised people will buy in to a lot of stuff when you an the main stream media constantly tell them they are uneducated backwards rednecks homophobes xenophobic racists big crony capitalist supporting idiots.

Good job creating alt right media an Donald Trump. Pat yourselfs on the back for creating the rise of what you despise.
Donald Trump was created over 60 years ago silly.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/donald-trump-conservative-media-charlie-sykes-214483

Article is from a conservative radio show host talking about fake news and the like.

Fake news is a reactionary product of the extremely bias lefty main stream media. When everyone who isnt retarded can see that, it pushes those people to alternative sources. This last election cycle just made it a lot worse too. So much damage has been done to the trust of the main stream media. I dont think it will ever be the same. Or its going to take a lot of work to gain that trust back. So far, I dont see the MSM doing anything different than they were before. So enjoy the show, its only going to get worse before it gets better. The more you and others deny the extreme bias of the lefty media, the more people will look else where. Stop supporting news outlets that hide the full truth, and go in the tank to help get a fraudulent bad person elected.

The more you and others deny the extreme bias of the lefty media
A. When did I do that?
B. The media has bias towards both sides, not just the left (stated clearly in the article) but I can understand why you only want to bring up the bias to the left. (Your agenda)

A. When did I do that?
B. The media has bias towards both sides, not just the left (stated clearly in the article) but I can understand why you only want to bring up the bias to the left. (Your agenda)

Bias denier. Please stop creating Donold Trumps, Tim Cruzes, Sarah Palins.

Last edited:
A. When did I do that?

Well if you don't deny it and still regurgitate its dangerous rhetoric and lies, then that means you are to blame for fake news still.

The lefty main stream media has a distinct advantage when it comes to reporting news. They have way more outlets that they control, and those outlets have an advantage because they are intertwined with entertainment. Which means it influences a lot of young and gullible minds. So when they choose to not play fair, it just makes other say fine we wont play fair either.

Supporting that nonsense only encourages the other. When you arent critical of it, then you support it.

It's shocking that anyone buys the crap the right is selling, and this is coming from someone that wanted McCain and Romey over Obama.

I used to listen to Rush and Hannity every day (and Glenn Beck). I don't remember when, but I was listening to Hannity one day and I realized that ever person that called in, he had no intelligent answers to give.

It was just a few talking points and cutting people off.

Hannity is just an entertainer, yet people have started to buy into his schtick and I think he has started to buy into it.

The whole pizza gate and Alex Jones...it's quite pathetic that people buy into this crap.

It's terrifying.

hannity is open about his right wing bias. so is glen beck. the trouble i have is cnn msnbc and abc are not open about what their BIAS!

this is just an answer tot he media swinging left.

A. When did I do that?

but only one side seems open about their bias. and that is right wing media.

i'm not okay with bias, but if both eveyrone is bias i tend to gravitate towards those who are open about it, or don't try to hide it

Well if you don't deny it and still regurgitate its dangerous rhetoric and lies, then that means you are to blame for fake news still.

The lefty main stream media has a distinct advantage when it comes to reporting news. They have way more outlets that they control, and those outlets have an advantage because they are intertwined with entertainment. Which means it influences a lot of young and gullible minds. So when they choose to not play fair, it just makes other say fine we wont play fair either.

Supporting that nonsense only encourages the other. When you arent critical of it, then you support it.
You are delusional

We saw the bias of the main media outlets during election night. I switched among all the major players and the shock and dismay and outright disbelief that Hilary wasn't just winning in a landslide was funny, but the mean-spirited and downright demeaning reactions once it was clear trump would win were the full exposure of the left bias. CNN brought in their green room pundits, all were demo strategists of one kinds or another, to start bashing trump voters with nary a single conservative to balance the commentary. Same things happened on the major TV networks and others like CNBC. The total meltdown was hilarious in the extreme and blatantly bald-faced leftist commentary and bull ****. Most didn't even have a minor pretense of balanced reporting.

The lone difference, weirdly enough, was Fox who had 2 or 3 Democrat pundits in addition to their Cadre of right wingers.

It is entertaining that some people do not understand the difference between news pieces/segments/shows and opinion pieces/segments/shows.

This thread and other threads have made me realize that some people do not understand the difference between fake news and news with a possible bias.

It is very odd logic that is coming out during this election cycle from both sides and many groups that something one side is doing justifies the other side to do something wrong. Having bias news does not justify fake news or bias news the other way.

It seems like a lot of people do not understand what anecdotal evidence at all and why it is a problem.

Last point is that its still entertaining how much people talk about the "left bias" in the media despite little or no real evidence of that. This election and all others shown that some major news groups slightly lean left, some right and some are pretty good. News matches their viewers. This country seems pretty split and the news matches that. Most studies done on media bias has shown a very slight right leaning overall. They have also shown that whichever president wins has had the media lean their direction, including this one. Media coverage according to studies favored Trump, Obama, Bush... The media this cycle reporting what polls showed is not a sign of them being bias. That is the media doing their job or reporting what the vast majority of polls showed.

The media bias claim is one that has been used throughout the US history for political reasons. It is simply political fear mongering that is easy to get people to believe because its easy to have confirmation bias of something you believe.

Here are a few studies that show a right bias in this election and the others where the Republican has won:
https://www.journalism.org/2000/10/31/the-last-lap/

https://www.elon.edu/docs/e-web/aca...earch/vol4no2/05DanielQuackenbushEJFall13.pdf

https://jonathanstray.com/papers/Media Bias in Presidential Elections.pdf

https://shorensteincenter.org/research-media-coverage-2016-election/

Harvard did one of the more comprehensive study and showed that in the Full campaign from both Trump and Clinton Trump had a ratio of 56 to 44 negative to positive and Clinton had 62 to 38 neg to pos. Plus there was almost twice as many stories about Trump this election cycle.

I'm concerned about the precedent he's set with the media. It makes me worry for four years from now when he goes for reelection -- will the media collude with his campaign for spinning stories? Will the media send his campaign articles for review and edits before publication? Will the media leak debate questions to him? All very terrifying precedents he/they've set.

We saw the bias of the main media outlets during election night. I switched among all the major players and the shock and dismay and outright disbelief that Hilary wasn't just winning in a landslide was funny, but the mean-spirited and downright demeaning reactions once it was clear trump would win were the full exposure of the left bias. CNN brought in their green room pundits, all were demo strategists of one kinds or another, to start bashing trump voters with nary a single conservative to balance the commentary. Same things happened on the major TV networks and others like CNBC. The total meltdown was hilarious in the extreme and blatantly bald-faced leftist commentary and bull ****. Most didn't even have a minor pretense of balanced reporting.

The lone difference, weirdly enough, was Fox who had 2 or 3 Democrat pundits in addition to their Cadre of right wingers.

ah yes Fox News, the bastion of balanced political commentary

I'm concerned about the precedent he's set with the media. It makes me worry for four years from now when he goes for reelection -- will the media collude with his campaign for spinning stories? Will the media send his campaign articles for review and edits before publication? Will the media leak debate questions to him? All very terrifying precedents he/they've set.

didn't you vote for Trump?