What's new

Couple Observations

oldtimer

Corbin seems to hate Enes. That alone should cost Corbin his job. Enes plays 6 min in first quarter and out he comes. That is even more bizarre then some of jerry's substition near the end. The jazz were up big and playing well. Enes and hayward had a nice feel for each other so lets take him out. At least let enes play the quarter. Enes played less time than all other starters. He was 5-8 from the field 4 reb and 1 blk shot and he got 19 mins. Yes enes had 3 turnovers but that was because of the new BS screen calls. Did enes make some mistakes on defense yes. Did he deserve to be pulled 6 mins into game. No thats crazy.

Hayward simply is the best player on the jazz right now but that is not saying much. The offense doesnt work without him. But he is clearly not a legit number 1 guy. Last night he was 5-15. Hes a notorious slow starter each season but there is no way id pay 13 million a year to sign hayward. IMO that is a max offer he gets in free agency. Why pay that now?

Beans just flat out sucks. He may be shooting a high percentage but he is fouling at an even higher rate. Play Gobert more

Ian clark shot looks funny but it goes in. He should see the floor more. Id like to see how he handles point guard duties.

Jazz can cut every point guard other than lucas. Let Burks pkay back up point until Burke comes back.

Jazz should already have cut some of the practice squad players before the road trip.

Awesome post oldtimer. I saw the exact same things and can't disagree with anything you posted.

I think that's what bugged me most about the Lakers preseason game, Ty kept yanking Kanter and not playing him with the starters the full time but having Cook in there. I sure hope Ty doesn't have some beef against Kanter because he could be our best player. That would just be extremely stupid to keep pulling him and not playing him with our best unit.

Corbin seems to hate Enes. That alone should cost Corbin his job. Enes plays 6 min in first quarter and out he comes. That is even more bizarre then some of jerry's substition near the end. The jazz were up big and playing well. Enes and hayward had a nice feel for each other so lets take him out. At least let enes play the quarter. Enes played less time than all other starters. He was 5-8 from the field 4 reb and 1 blk shot and he got 19 mins. Yes enes had 3 turnovers but that was because of the new BS screen calls. Did enes make some mistakes on defense yes. Did he deserve to be pulled 6 mins into game. No thats crazy.

Hayward simply is the best player on the jazz right now but that is not saying much. The offense doesnt work without him. But he is clearly not a legit number 1 guy. Last night he was 5-15. Hes a notorious slow starter each season but there is no way id pay 13 million a year to sign hayward. IMO that is a max offer he gets in free agency. Why pay that now?

Beans just flat out sucks. He may be shooting a high percentage but he is fouling at an even higher rate. Play Gobert more

Ian clark shot looks funny but it goes in. He should see the floor more. Id like to see how he handles point guard duties.

Jazz can cut every point guard other than lucas. Let Burks pkay back up point until Burke comes back.

Jazz should already have cut some of the practice squad players before the road trip.

oldtimer indeed. Forgot you posted this 5 minutes ago...?

You've been Stoked.

I have no idea how I posted it twice I was trying to deletw it when you moved it. Thanks for the help.

Seriously though, I don't think Enes will be in full health before mid season. He needs to stay healthy. Contribution early in the season may not be what we expected from him in those couple of months. Especially in rebounding and hustle. And tough contact post plays that we've already missed.

Preseason.
Also where has Kanter's rebounding gone?

Not totally the answer but I have seen a couple rebounds where it is Favors and kanter grabbing it and Favors comes up with it.

Not totally the answer but I have seen a couple rebounds where it is Favors and kanter grabbing it and Favors comes up with it.

I've had the same injury and surgery as Big Turkey and it really takes awhile to come all the way back. I think it will be at least mid season until he is in peak condition.

I've had the same injury and surgery as Big Turkey and it really takes awhile to come all the way back. I think it will be at least mid season until he is in peak condition.

I'm encouraged by your words. The submit thread button has been feeling your wrath lately, so I'm hopeful Kanter will get his moxy back.