How worried are you about COVID-19?

• 1 - Not at all, everyone is freaking out over nothing at all.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 2 - Not at all, it will not over and not be a big deal in the long run.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - Not really, but it could get worse if we don't take precautions

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 4 - kind of, and it could get worse if we aren't careful

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 5 - yes, it could end up being really bad. We need to do something.

• 6 - yes, it's getting worse, we all need to step up

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 7 - yes, it's going to cause a lot of damage that will take a long time to fix

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 8 - it is a crisis, the government needs to get involved, businesses need to step up

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • 9 - it is a full crisis. It will be devastating to the world in many ways.

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • 10 - the most imaginable crisis we have seen in decades. It will cause permanent damage.

• Total voters

The Thriller

No, I am being very calm and rational. Suggest that you do not the same my friend.

Hell, tomorrow I am taking the wife to our local Chinese restaurant for some good old Hibachi!

thats not calm and rational. In fact, that’s the exact opposite.

Reactions: Red

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
I think there are probably at least two strains of this virus, with one of them being much worse than the other. One is like a bad case of the flu, and the other is really life-threatening. There's a stark difference between what is happening in Iran and Italy vs. what has happened in Singapore and Taiwan. I don't think the difference can be explained by testing, containment or treatment methodology.

In the absence of a reliable vaccine, social distancing is the primary remedy, and it looks like the U.S. is serious about it. The economic and social consequences may be felt for a long time.

The Thriller

If you’re not worried s out this virus, maybe this might help:

View attachment 9025

Btw, were over 3,300 cases now in the USA. That’s double from just a few days ago. We are 300 cases higher than Italy was at this stage. Italy had nearly 400 deaths today. Why wouldn’t we be similar? Does the virus especially like to kill Italians? Is our health care system really not built to be overwhelmed like Italy’s?

Last edited:

The Thriller

Do tell. Should I go to Costco and buy up all of the toilet paper?

Rational is exactly what I'm being thank you very much.

there’s a lot of space in between going to a restaurant and panic buying at Costco. Right now is the time to not go out in restaurants and force restaurant workers to work and be further exposed. This is not the time to expose yourself to restaurant workers.

Social distancing is what’s slowing this virus. Social distancing and limiting your contact with others is what you should be practicing.

Wes Mantooth

I put a 4. Was probably more like a 2-3 earlier today but a 50 year old woman died a half hour from here and I’m 44 myself. I’m not arrogant enough to think I’m impervious to this virus and think we could really be in for a rude awakening and around 20,000 cases in a week. Maybe 100,000 cases in two weeks.

The Thriller

Serious question, why are republicans so weird? Like seriously, why do they take it upon themselves to give experts the bird? Why do they have this need to defend trump and diminish this virus?

whether it be with election interference, Ukraine, climate change, and coronavirus, they seem to find this adolescent obsession to go against responsibility and expertise and give us all the bird.

From our elected officials, to Fox News, to our dumbest posters. You see this weekly play out. Why?

oneye

2018 Award Winner
I’m getting increasingly concerned. Not just about the virus, but about her reaction of people right now. Relax and stop buying all the damn toilet paper!!

The Thriller

I put a 4. Was probably more like a 2-3 earlier today but a 50 year old woman died a half hour from here and I’m 44 myself. I’m not arrogant enough to think I’m impervious to this virus and think we could really be in for a rude awakening and around 20,000 cases in a week. Maybe 100,000 cases in two weeks.

italy has 25,000 cases, 300+ dying per day, and it hasn’t even peaked there yet. Their health care system is in flames, with beds in parking lots and with doctors needing to prioritize care to those who have a greater chance at living... meanwhile.

we are hundreds of cases ahead of Italy at the same stage they were at a few weeks ago, have a worse health care system, and people are doing this over the weekend:

Because exposing yourself to the virus is like totally owninthevirus as if it were al Qaeda.

I don’t think people recognize how crazy things are going to get in the next month.

The Thriller

Serious question, why are republicans so weird? Like seriously, why do they take it upon themselves to give experts the bird? Why do they have this need to defend trump and diminish this virus?

whether it be with election interference, Ukraine, climate change, and coronavirus, they seem to find this adolescent obsession to go against responsibility and expertise and give us all the bird.

From our elected officials, to Fox News, to our dumbest posters. You see this weekly play out. Why?

sigh