What's new

COVID-19 - How worried are you?

How worried are you about COVID-19?

• 1 - Not at all, everyone is freaking out over nothing at all.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 2 - Not at all, it will not over and not be a big deal in the long run.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - Not really, but it could get worse if we don't take precautions

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 4 - kind of, and it could get worse if we aren't careful

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 5 - yes, it could end up being really bad. We need to do something.

• 6 - yes, it's getting worse, we all need to step up

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 7 - yes, it's going to cause a lot of damage that will take a long time to fix

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 8 - it is a crisis, the government needs to get involved, businesses need to step up

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • 9 - it is a full crisis. It will be devastating to the world in many ways.

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • 10 - the most imaginable crisis we have seen in decades. It will cause permanent damage.

• Total voters
I would like to hear more of your opinion on what you think should be done regarding the pandemic.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

They should have issued a two week stay at home order/lockdown starting last Monday. The ONLY things should be open are banks, hospitals and grocery stores and peoples movements should be monitored.

This half measure nonsense is basically the worst possible approach. And it's all Herbert/Cox do.

Limit gatherings to 10.... but oh let me backtrack, that's not an order, its just a recommendation

We're closing schools... but something like HAFB is staying open because we don't have the balls to stand up to federal government

Social Distancing!! Follow it!! If you don't we'll stomp our feet. We won't put our foot down though.

Basically none of this protects anyone. There's really only one effective approach to ending a pandemic and that's a lockdown. If they aren't goingto do that they might as well just let everyone go on with life normally because the result will be the same as half measures, we just won't be kidding ourselves.

I know some of you are LDS and what I'm going to say might offend you, but WTF is the church doing calling back 1,000s of missionaries at this time and making plans to send more out around the country. Why don't they suspend the mission program until the crisis passes? You think Trump is bad, well the LDS is topping him. I read even the Lt. Gov was appalled by the 1600 who came from the Philippines over the weekend and the crowd of people there. Where are the brains of the LDS leadership?
My niece left for the Mexico City Missionary Training Center on March 10 (then was supposed to go on to Costa Rica after two months). They brought her home last night, 12 days later. She is supposed to quarantine for two weeks then be reassigned to Ohio. Her tropical wardrobe now won't work.

It would make more sense to me to let her stay home until this is better, and then send her to Costa Rica as originally planned. Paying $500 per month to send your kid to Ohio to hang out in an apartment (since they will probably have restrictions by then) seems silly.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

They should have issued a two week stay at home order/lockdown starting last Monday. The ONLY things should be open are banks, hospitals and grocery stores and peoples movements should be monitored.

This half measure nonsense is basically the worst possible approach. And it's all Herbert/Cox do.

Limit gatherings to 10.... but oh let me backtrack, that's not an order, its just a recommendation

We're closing schools... but something like HAFB is staying open because we don't have the balls to stand up to federal government

Social Distancing!! Follow it!! If you don't we'll stomp our feet. We won't put our foot down though.

Basically none of this protects anyone. There's really only one effective approach to ending a pandemic and that's a lockdown. If they aren't goingto do that they might as well just let everyone go on with life normally because the result will be the same as half measures, we just won't be kidding ourselves.
That's really all any state is doing right now. In California there was a governor's decree and everything but it mostly amounts to "please don't go places, ok?"

That's really all any state is doing right now. In California there was a governor's decree and everything but it mostly amounts to "please don't go places, ok?"
The good and the bad of living in the U.S. versus a place like China is that you can choose to self isolate or congregate in groups without arrest, but so can everyone else.

The good and the bad of living in the U.S. versus a place like China is that you can choose to self isolate or congregate in groups without arrest, but so can everyone else.
Very true.

Unless they declare full martial law and enforce quarantine we won't really get much slowing of the spread imo.

Also am I the only one who thinks that limiting hours of operation for grocery stores et al will only increase congestion and bring more people into close contact with each other? Some local groceries went from being open 22 hours per day to 8. The same number of people still go to the store, but now all of them are crammed in there during a constrained time. It's way worse than it was before. Just stupid imo.

Also am I the only one who thinks that limiting hours of operation for grocery stores et al will only increase congestion and bring more people into close contact with each other? Some local groceries went from being open 22 hours per day to 8. The same number of people still go to the store, but now all of them are crammed in there during a constrained time. It's way worse than it was before. Just stupid imo.

Look into online ordering and getting stuff delivered

Look into online ordering and getting stuff delivered
Yeah we have. 4-8 day delay mostly in our area if they have what we need, through both Amazon and local stores. We only needed a few things like toiletries, dog food, etc., now we are good for a few weeks really.

This **** is messing up the sale of my home. I hope we don't have to lower the price a ton. We've had two people under contract the last two months who pulled out at the last second and really ****ed us over.

This **** is messing up the sale of my home. I hope we don't have to lower the price a ton. We've had two people under contract the last two months who pulled out at the last second and really ****ed us over.
I would be very hesitant to make any large purchases right now.
I'm not surprised at all that this situation is ****ing with your home sale.

Sorry man

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sorry man. I'm in a similar situation as our new home is currently being built.

Very true.

Unless they declare full martial law and enforce quarantine we won't really get much slowing of the spread imo.
A bad look on democracy tbh. Authoritative regimes can more effectively get ahead of this virus and future viruses. Good thing we have Trump to lead the free world through tough times . ;)