What's new

Crowder shooting the 3 and getting fouled

It’s better than him just missing. But I will go back to the waives off Eisley three and the boys toy missed Harper jumper and say the league owes us big time. It will take a lot of Crowder three-point fouls to rectify that.

It's kinda cheap but not really. Players just need to go to the side

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think it's kind of BS, but if he wants to risk his body, it's on him. It also might be a reason he's a very inconsistent shooter.

Crowder really stretches the limits of how far you can jump forward on a set shot and he does a good job of making it a smooth natural motion.

Part is just how he shoots, part may be him trying to draw fouls. The drawing fouls part is kinda cheap, but since he's on my team, i can live with it.

Korver has also perfected that little leg kick when guys are chasing him around a screen and he pulls up, they barely touch him, if at all, but he makes it look a lot worse and almost always gets the call. Had one last night when they gave a non shooting foul- BS call, should have been three shots, but i was okay with it because the foul in the first place was mostly bogus.

Part is just how he shoots, part may be him trying to draw fouls. The drawing fouls part is kinda cheap, but since he's on my team, i can live with it.

Korver has also perfected that little leg kick when guys are chasing him around a screen and he pulls up, they barely touch him, if at all, but he makes it look a lot worse and almost always gets the call. Had one last night when they gave a non shooting foul- BS call, should have been three shots, but i was okay with it because the foul in the first place was mostly bogus.
Korver's are more understandable from a shot making perspective though because he's nearly always off-balance, so his feet are going to trying to auto-correct so he can make the shot.

Jae's really feels like he is sacrificing shot making to jump farther forward nearly 100% of the time anyone is closing out on him.

It’s better than him just missing. But I will go back to the waives off Eisley three and the boys toy missed Harper jumper and say the league owes us big time. It will take a lot of Crowder three-point fouls to rectify that.
Holy hell I got autocorrected. Boys toy? That’s supposed to say blatantly.

Korver sometimes does the same thing. I've seen him shoot 3's and land inside the line when he comes down. He doesn't exaggerate it quite like Crowder, but he and others do it all the time. Personally, I don't like having a foul called like that. The ball has been released and it has no bearing on the shot. Maybe assess a common foul instead? No shots.

I think some people are confusing a leg kick with what Crowder does. The old leg kick AKA Reggie Miller special is actually an offensive foul in today's game. What Crowder does is jump forward so that his landing spot is in front of the 3 point line, and anybody closing out on him has a hard time not stepping into his landing spot. IMO the refs should not be giving him this call, but with the way they've ****ed the Jazz defensively this year, it's the least they can do to give some make up calls.

But no, on a 3 point attempt, the refs should not consider 2 feet in front of the line as the player's area to land. Can't blame other teams for being frustrated with that call. If Harden was doing that, we'd all be bitching up a storm just like when he gets away with his other trash.

You can jump forward on a 3. Stockton probably landed 5ft inside when he'd make his most common full speed pull up 3 at the top of the arc.

Players just need to be smarter about how they close out on shooters. Ingles generally does a fantastic job of closing hard but to the side of the shooter to avoid this very issue.

And if you get under a player as they come down you can easily cause them a very serious injury. It should be a foul, always.

The "scouting" report on Crowder is that he is a turrible, horrendous, pathetically poor 3 point shooter and any player fouling him from 3 point land is brain dead and should be yanked from the game and not allowed to come back in for a week or two! To foul him TWICE in 3 point land in the same game is unimaginable and to do it three times in the same game would put you in the top 5 all-time worst defensive players in the history of the NBA!

Korver's are more understandable from a shot making perspective though because he's nearly always off-balance, so his feet are going to trying to auto-correct so he can make the shot.

Jae's really feels like he is sacrificing shot making to jump farther forward nearly 100% of the time anyone is closing out on him.

I agree and feel that over the long haul, it’s not the prudent move on his part. I feel like he many times rushes his shot or tries to draw the foul so much so and in doing so, he often sacrifices form which imo would hurt his percentages and pps more than it would help in drawing the fouls and hitting the free throws. Not only should that hurt him on those particular shot attempts but it could likely create bad habits which could negatively affect him on shots where he’s not rushing or trying to draw a foul.