What's new

Cy’s great takes

Cy has mostly good takes but he does have a handful of bad ones. Everyone on here who posts regularly has some pretty bad takes now and then though. All of us get emotional as well about players or the game since we are all huge fans to be on this board and that can lead to some extreme takes. But Cy also likes to troll a bit with his takes on here and push buttons. A few of you get too worked up by it and give him a lot of satisfaction. People need to chuckle, roll their eyes, and move on most the time.
The funny thing to me is that I get along with most of the board. The people I argue with and engage with the most are the people who are just like me, the people who want to argue and engage with people about basketball opinions (and get snarky about it). Then they get mad I dont agree with them and get heavy in their feelings.

But now I got a reaction poster starting threads. It's glorious.

I actually like Cy. He does tend to get extra emotional, but he brings a fun aspect to the board and seems to really care about the Jazz.

Cy has mostly good takes but he does have a handful of bad ones. Everyone on here who posts regularly has some pretty bad takes now and then though. All of us get emotional as well about players or the game since we are all huge fans to be on this board and that can lead to some extreme takes. But Cy also likes to troll a bit with his takes on here and push buttons. A few of you get too worked up by it and give him a lot of satisfaction. People need to chuckle, roll their eyes, and move on most the time.
Nah when he calls you a racist for comping two players who are comparable and mocks you for having a family and successful career for explaining why KO is a better shooter than John Collins you go ahead and laugh. I’m good. He’s on ignore.

Nah when he calls you a racist for comping two players who are comparable and mocks you for having a family and successful career for explaining why KO is a better shooter than John Collins you go ahead and laugh. I’m good. He’s on ignore.

I forgot about that. Plus he did dad shame and kid shame last night.

Multiple times… it’s cool to be different and support your takes with facts. It’s fine to be irrational too… it’s not cool to resort to name calling and getting personal… it’s also weird to be like “nana boo-boo you have a family and successful career”. I’m over it. He’s a parody account too often.

I mean, that stuff was clearly a joke. Didnt think people took it that seriously. He makes a lot of analogies about his kids and being an accountant! Even Fish laughed. I'm not saying his kids suck or anything negative about kids, just made a comment about the analogies about his kids/job. Feel like y'all fishing for something to get offended by.

If you get that upset about that, you must not like the kids/job thing all that much...

Last edited:
I'm full of bad takes. But I'm not as rude about it, so nobody gives a ****.
Treat people like humans and you can say whatever you want and you won’t get much grief. Also, when you are wrong it’s okay to admit you were wrong instead of tripling down in the most bombastic fashion.

And if that is how dudes want to live then go ahead and live your life… but I’m out and you are opening yourself to stuff like this.

Treat people like humans and you can say whatever you want and you won’t get much grief. Also, when you are wrong it’s okay to admit you were wrong instead of tripling down in the most bombastic fashion.

And if that is how dudes want to live then go ahead and live your life… but I’m out and you are opening yourself to stuff like this.
Brother you do the same ish I do. You saying this is like the San Antonio Spurs calling out the Detroit Pistons for tanking. Sure I might do it a bit harder than you, but the only reason you dont get more flack for your **** is because I exist.

And again, I admit when I'm wrong constantly. Just because I dont grovel at your feet about everything you've ever said doesnt mean I never admit to being wrong. I've said I'm wrong about Sexton countless times. Same with Dunn. Same with Kessler. I'm never going to have a complete 180 at any given moment, they are gradual things. That's the way anyone should treat their opinions.

I'm full of bad takes. But I'm not as rude about it, so nobody gives a ****.
Great post and perfectly encapsulates myself too.

This was never about good or bad takes. Obviously, that wasn't clear to everyone. It's about an ******* contrarian that always thinks he is right, lacks maturity and self awareness, and is borderline abusive to certain posters. All you have to do is look at Cy's interactions with Fish. Fish comes off as one of the nicest posters on here and Cy constantly ***** on his opinions and calls him a moron and yet Fish responds with the post above about being the bigger person. You're a good dude, @fishonjazz and I appreciate your contributions. Another is @HermanG. All he does is post awesome in depth stats posts that only help the evolution of the board. Again, Cy ***** on him and does nothing but attack his opinions. I appreciate you @HermanG and your awesome insights and views from over in Finland (if I remember correctly)

Brother you do the same ish I do. You saying this is like the San Antonio Spurs calling out the Detroit Pistons for tanking. Sure I might do it a bit harder than you, but the only reason you dont get more flack for your **** is because I exist.

And again, I admit when I'm wrong constantly. Just because I dont grovel at your feet about everything you've ever said doesnt mean I never admit to being wrong. I've said I'm wrong about Sexton countless times. Same with Dunn. Same with Kessler. I'm never going to have a complete 180 at any given moment, they are gradual things. That's the way anyone should treat their opinions.
If you don't see the vast difference between you and other posters like @Handlogten's Heros, @Elizah Huge, @HermanG and @fishonjazz you've got some self-reflection and growing up greatly needed. Those guys are never jerks when they post originally. They turn aggressive once you have attacked them.

Again, it's not really about you being right or wrong. When an ******* is wrong people are going to bring it up more often. I don't know how you don't get exhausted from being a jerk all the time. It takes way more effort to be like that. The sad thing is you're not even a troll, it's just who you are. You are a really smart person that does have good opinions but your delivery or what ever it is is **** and ****ing annoying. Life's too short to be like that. If there is crap going on in your life that affects you on here then I apologize and hope it gets better. Otherwise, do better and grow.

If you don't see the vast difference between you and other posters like @Handlogten's Heros, @Elizah Huge, @HermanG and @fishonjazz you've got some self-reflection and growing up greatly needed. Those guys are never jerks when they post originally. They turn aggressive once you have attacked them.

Again, it's not really about you being right or wrong. When an ******* is wrong people are going to bring it up more often. I don't know how you don't get exhausted from being a jerk all the time. It takes way more effort to be like that. The sad thing is you're not even a troll, it's just who you are. You are a really smart person that does have good opinions but your delivery or what ever it is is **** and ****ing annoying. Life's too short to be like that. If there is crap going on in your life that affects you on here then I apologize and hope it gets better. Otherwise, do better and grow.
What's with people equating arguing on a basketball forum over basketball opinions to life? I go on JFC to talk about basketball because you cant just talk Jazz basketball to regular people? This stuff just feels like some weird slight to put me down or frame me as some pitiful person because you can't think of anything else and you just want to get a rise out of me by guessing at some kind of shortcoming I might be having.

If you truly want to be some kind of beacon of positive interactions on JFC why do you mass dislike post that are in no way negative or directed towards anyone? I understand if you think I'm talking down to someone or combatting someone in way that promotes the embattlement of the forum, but you do more than that. Is something negative going on in your life you feel you have to come on JFC and dislike my post? (See we can all do this dumb **** too).

90% of my interactions on JFC are positive and just basketball talk. The other 10% are people who want to engage with me this way (despite HH ending his argumentative post about how he doesnt want to argue and can stop at anytime, he still comes back and does it). They gleefully do it and then complain about it (not all who do it, some mutually participate and understand what is happening without trying to play victim). It gets them off for whatever reason.

Like what started this thread? I said I expected a big loss. I've seen countless other posters say similar things leading up to big games. Why did you, a guy I never interact with (but you constantly interact with me through the dislike button), want to go out of his way to start this thread? If we are being arm chair psychologist I think that kind of action says a lot more about you than it does me.

And yes, I've seen all those posters engage in combative arguments with other posters when I'm in no way involved.

Last edited:
I am on many different sports forums and every single one has a Cy. This Cy is so much better than the Buccaneer Cy, that dude sucks.

Jazz Cy is cool, the best of the Cy's I interact with.
While what @kcgar said is true, this is also true. And if another worse Cy ever tried to invade Cys territory, Cy would viciously fight him off before he could build his nest here.

God I sound like David Attenborough.

You’re being faaaaaaaaar too generous.