What's new

Dame Time

They only need to get their '25/'26 pick back from OKC to be able to trade all their future FRPs
From my understanding at the moment they can only give two firsts. If they lift the protection on the one pick, that’s three, but if Hero is in the deal, where’s the 4th pick coming from?

They only need to get their '25/'26 pick back from OKC to be able to trade all their future FRPs from what I can understand, but I guess that will take some work. In any case, that would be a ridiculuous amount of assets to give up. They'll get Dame for way less, I think.

Herro, Jovic and Robinson for Lillard and Nurkic (I assume he's definitely negative value for Blazers now) works, then you add in '28 and '30 plus swap in '29 as the key pieces. Swaps in '24, '25/'26 and '27 as added bonus.
Isn't the argument that the pick owed to OKC (since it could be given in either '25 or '26) prevents the Heat from being able to offer a pick until '27? If they rectify that, then they can offer '24, '26, '28, and '30?

And isn't the basis of the idea NBA Central aggregated that they don't need to fix their own pick (the one that's owed to OKC), but that they can "reverse engineer" a pick they pick up from another team (such as Nets, Jazz theoretically) to convey in the year that the pick to OKC is not conveyed? In other words, by getting a '25 pick from another team for Herro and getting its protections to be the inverse of the protections of the OKC pick, they can guarantee that they have a pick in all years. Thus they won't get dinged by the Stepien rule.

At least this is the impression I got.

Then Herro is in the trade, but doesn't go to Portland (instead the salary matching from Nets or Jazz, say, could to Portland -- such as Dinwiddie). But 4 first rounders can go to Portland.

Not saying this is realistic, but I think it's theoretically possible.

Lmao. How is Hero part of the package and still managing 4 firsts? Where are the other two picks coming from??

If I'm any other GM and this is Portland's demand, I'm puking all over this package.

Love Dame and want him in SLC but he's 32 years old. Going to play old here before too long. Just way too much.

From my understanding at the moment they can only give two firsts. If they lift the protection on the one pick, that’s three, but if Hero is in the deal, where’s the 4th pick coming from?
Jaquez Jr. for getting the pick back, maybe? Wouldn't think OKC do that, though. Throw in the 2 2nd rounders they have (one from LAL and the worst of a number of picks in '26 or so), but still not enough I would think. Getting up to three picks and some swaps would be easy enough probably, and also an overpay...

If I'm any other GM and this is Portland's demand, I'm puking all over this package.

Love Dame and want him in SLC but he's 32 years old. Going to play old here before too long. Just way too much.

32 and making like 60 million per year. Its insanity

These stupid trade requests to only 1 team. Dame(Whyami)/ Harden(All-NBA IR) have ground us to a halt. I hate that part about them.

We should help facilitate Dame to Miami by giving up a first and Brice for Jaime Jaquez Jr.

- Then we can all move on with our lives
- Jaquez is going to be a stud

The End

We should help facilitate Dame to Miami by giving up a first and Brice for Jaime Jaquez Jr.

- Then we can all move on with our lives
- Jaquez is going to be a stud

The End
Supposedly the Jazz had Brice pretty highly ranked, so I doubt they would give him up and a first to get Jaquez.