What's new

Danny Ainge hired as CEO of basketball operations

Man we about to almost trade for so many stars… y’all don’t even know… we gonna get sooooooooo close.

I think Danny overplayed the “players as assets” style of management at Boston. Maybe that’s not true, but if it is, I hope he learned something about that.

I now have a lot more faith in Utah's drafting ability going forward.
Do you though? DL made some dumb moves but his hit rate is better than Danny’s. He did well at the top of the draft which is important. I do think he’s a guy that will actually canvas the league for deals unlike DL and I think he doesn’t care much about the emotional attachment to players. So when it’s time to pull the plug he will do it.

As long as he could get us some second round draft picks back I'm happy. We need those so we can offload doke

I’ve been a huge fan of Ryan Smith’s ownership so far but have been leery about him wanting to fill his staff with BYU cronies. He did it with the pregame broadcast crew which annoyed me, but I figured if he stopped there, no harm no foul.

Didn’t want Danny Ainge getting anywhere near this team so I see this as extremely unwelcome news and now my fears are validated that even if you’re bad at your job, if you come from BYU, the Jazz have a paycheck waiting for you.

Not a big fan of this… it’s fun to think about working with friends and family but what I’ve noticed is it gets complicated. You need to fire or reprimand a business associate that is also a friend and it gets weird. I think there is a trust there that should be helpful. Feel bad for JZ… he crushed it this offseason and is no second in command again.

I’m curious what Wade’s thoughts on Ainge are. But in any case, I guess we really will be packaging DL with a second round pick to Houston.

Shocked that this wasn't done before the start of the season. I hope he can come in and do good for the franchise.

I think Danny overplayed the “players as assets” style of management at Boston. Maybe that’s not true, but if it is, I hope he learned something about that.
There are some great parts to what Danny did… using the players as assets led to his biggest “GM wins”. Winning the title was the biggest win but selling off KG and pierce and getting the nucleus for his next contender was a heist. The issue is I think he wore out others in the league trying to squeeze every deal. He did IT dirty imo… but it was the first right move. Kyrie threw a huge monkey wrench in their plan.

It’s a stark contrast to some of the things that bothered me about DL but hopefully he doesn’t destroy our culture and chemistry. I’m now really worried we do a Joe Ingles deal… I’d say chances of us making a deal with JC or Joe increase about 25% with this news.

I take back everything I said about us not moving certain guys this season. I honestly have no clue.
Yeah he almost certainly does something… one thing to note is he may have some intel on Dunn. Danny was still kinda involved with the Celtics and they had Dunn for a minute. Also may increase the chances of a Smart deal… who knows.