What's new

Dante Exum Averages .2 Steals Per Game

I guess it's because he doesn't go for steals. He's an excellent on-ball defender though. He and Royce are probably our best two defenders on the perimeter. Rubio's been getting beat of the dribble pretty regularly.

He's more of a position defender... this is notable though. He should be able to dig in on guys driving and do more there in help situations.

He doesn't really take any risks on the basketball court... so this is not too surprising... also he gets a terrible whistle so I'm sure he plays scared a lot.

He might have slow hands too... he's not an expert ball handler.

Dante is a puzzle that is likely never fully solved.

He's more like an unimportant failed attempt at creating a reality star for Utahans who Utahans need to fullfill their reality star dreams for him. Donnie and Marie already got their own show in Vegas. We need Side Show Exum to get one too?

Dude is a failed draft experiment. That's what the draft is. Let him go. NATO him before he becomes your CJ.

Exum is 6'6 with a 6'9 winsgpan and elite speed. How on Earth is he only getting .2 steals per game? Per 48 minutes it goes up to a whopping .5 steals per game.

I'm not saying you have to get a ton of steals to be a good defender, but Exum is providing 0 defensive playmaking right now.
You are not an Exum fan, we get it. However steaks are an interesting stat, as how many Klein assignments come from going for a steal are not recorded. I prefer someone staying in front of their man and stopping them, not gambling on steals.

You are not an Exum fan, we get it. However steaks are an interesting stat, as how many Klein assignments come from going for a steal are not recorded. I prefer someone staying in front of their man and stopping them, not gambling on steals.
Zero point two steals per game.

Hmm, sounds like someone going for A1, gambling because they are scared how others will respond to what they want in their mouth. Good enough explanation of Exum.

He is a good position defender, but i agree, at some point you have to make plays. That is what has been lacking his entire time on the league- on both sides of the ball. He's just out there- doesn't really DO much, make plays, create, much of anything.

If you are long and athletic you don't need to take bad gambles to get a decent amount of steals.

Yes, Dante is really good at not using his hands on D and staying in front. It's he plays good D on a guy like Harden, but he needs to be more active as a disruptor given his skill set. He's long and fast, he should be looking to make plays since he can't make them in half-court offense.

He’s doing what the coach is asking him, he’s the only guy staying in front of his man and not gambling and letting other guys blow past him like Ricky does

Good thing he is mostly guarding bench players.
Sure because that’s when he’s on. He can only guard who he goes against. He stays in front of Harden and other player too yeah ??

With his physical makeup he should get a crapload of deflections. Unfortunately atm he’s still trying to figure out how to stay on the court and not get called for the ridiculous touch fouls he’s been prone to getting so he’s playing very conservative positional D

I'm so tired of people crying about Exum. Using an obscure stat to "prove" his lack of value. Did y'all watch the last Memphis game? Exum simply stayed in front of Conley and played excellent defense.

I would like for him to have more than .2 steals in his less than 20mpg. But are we really going to judge him completely on that? Crowder has a rep as a defender, but if he only gets .2 blocks per game he sucks?

Some of y'all reach so bad to find a way to bash somebody. Our FO just spent money on Exum. Jump on board or shut up.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd like to see Exum gain confidence and play more free on offense. Maybe that will happen at some point. Watch how he and Rubio defend De'Aaron Fox tonight though. Exum is one of the few people in the league that can stay with Fox.

I'm so tired of people crying about Exum. Using an obscure stat to "prove" his lack of value. Did y'all watch the last Memphis game? Exum simply stayed in front of Conley and played excellent defense.

I would like for him to have more than .2 steals in his less than 20mpg. But are we really going to judge him completely on that? Crowder has a rep as a defender, but if he only gets .2 blocks per game he sucks?

Some of y'all reach so bad to find a way to bash somebody. Our FO just spent money on Exum. Jump on board or shut up.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Says the guy that’s constantly trying to trade away the team?

Dante puts on 20 pounds of muscle everything will change. I'm not a pro player but when I put on size I shot the ball better and could finish better around the ring.

I wouldn't say huge. I don't foresee many all Star appearances for Marcus smart

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd like to see Exum gain confidence and play more free on offense. Maybe that will happen at some point. Watch how he and Rubio defend De'Aaron Fox tonight though. Exum is one of the few people in the league that can stay with Fox.
So you want him to have Marcus Smart shot selection and shoot even worse?

Dante puts on 20 pounds of muscle everything will change. I'm not a pro player but when I put on size I shot the ball better and could finish better around the ring.

Whilst relaxing on the sofa playing NBA 2K on PlayStation or Xbox?