What's new

Dante Exum Interview and Q&A

I don't think 'given many chances' and 'tight leash' are mutually exclusive though. They can both co exist and that's the case here.

I don't mind the tight leash, as it was mostly deserved when yanked, except for possibly the Shelvin Mack debacle.

EDIT: And thanks for being easy on me for my first ever created thread. Cheers.

I think you're conflating two different things here. The front office certainly has given him more chances than a lot of us think is warranted, but it's also true that Quin has kept him on a very short leash.

I don't even think it's a bad thing, or reflects poorly on Quin. It probably has more to do with Quin's desire to get the most out of Exum's as yet untapped potential than anything else.
Lots of chances? Besides last season in December. When else? Look a coach needs to treat all players fairly. When U sneeze and U get yanked that's not fair. Most young players come in to the league allowed to play through mistakes. He's never been given that opportunity.

The way he's been treated. It puts doubt in your own mind. He's scared to miss. He's nervous to make a turnover. Knowing he would be yanked. I've played with someone who was so talented though the coach. Just brought his confidence that far down. It ruins him. A coach main responsibility is to motivate his players. And to know his players personally. Meaning if I do this will it benefit him or ruin him

Haven’t you seen Moana?

So if DM and Rudy replace the Heart of Tafiti he will rise to his potential?

Bros, i have been waiting for some moana talk! How bout that place where tamatoa lives? (Realm of monsters i think?). Some creepy characters down there that scare the crap outta my kid.

Oh and i love how maui is singing the You’re Welcome song to moana and at the end she is all into it and thinking that he is giving her gifts but after the song ends and he bounces with her boat she is left holding seaweed and rocks and stuff.

And hey hey. What dumbass am i right? Great show

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I mean lets get some things into perspective. And I'm speaking to you Jazz, the poster above me, and anybody that thinks the way he does.

Has Quin made a mistake or two in Dante's development? Yeah I believe so, but make no mistake, the coach hasn't ruined his career by any stretch of the imagination. If anything has potentially ruined it, it is the relentless season ending injuries, and nobody and nothing else.

Dante was drafted into a cycle of a team which was, and still now is going to be fiercely competitive. This is going to be the most stacked jazz team he has been on and he will need to find his place and fight for minutes probably tougher than ever.

I'm a complete and utter Dante homer, but I have my wits about me. Jazz the poster, stop making us Aussies look bad on this board. Calm yourself down mate.

I mean lets get some things into perspective. And I'm speaking to you Jazz, the poster above me, and anybody that thinks the way he does.

Has Quin made a mistake or two in Dante's development? Yeah I believe so, but make no mistake, the coach hasn't ruined his career by any stretch of the imagination. If anything has potentially ruined it, it is the relentless season ending injuries, and nobody and nothing else.

Dante was drafted into a cycle of a team which was, and still now is going to be fiercely competitive. This is going to be the most stacked jazz team he has been on and he will need to find his place and fight for minutes probably tougher than ever.

I'm a complete and utter Dante homer, but I have my wits about me. Jazz the poster, stop making us Aussies look bad on this board. Calm yourself down mate.
I agree with the comment with U said about season ending injuries. I believe that has been the worst part of Dante's development for sure. Are you serious have seen the disrespect the Americans have given Dante on this board. Think about that....... What do U think of the people on this forum who have trashed him for years?? U may as well be American. I'm all about calling out people that bag people

Lots of chances? Besides last season in December. When else? Look a coach needs to treat all players fairly. When U sneeze and U get yanked that's not fair. Most young players come in to the league allowed to play through mistakes. He's never been given that opportunity.
You'll notice I said the front office has given him chances. A lot of people would have preferred we cut bait with Dante and instead the Jazz signed him to a three year thirty million dollar deal.

Considering Dante didn't even manage to outplay Raul Neto when he was healthy it's hard to argue he hasn't been given a fair shot, short leash or not. He still has two seasons with the Jazz to prove he's been worth the investment.

I'm still holding out hope that he will do so.

I agree with the comment with U said about season ending injuries. I believe that has been the worst part of Dante's development for sure. Are you serious have seen the disrespect the Americans have given Dante on this board. Think about that....... What do U think of the people on this forum who have trashed him for years?? U may as well be American. I'm all about calling out people that bag people

What do I think about people who have trashed him for years? Well I try not to match stupidity with stupidity.

You however...

Also you have to notice the difference between trashing and being critical. I feel like there is only a small bunch of people that go to extreme lengths of trashing him.

Are you serious have seen the disrespect the Americans have given Dante on this board.
“The Americans” is a pretty silly generalization about anyone on this forum who isn’t Australian. There really are only two Dante haters here, and one isn’t American.

“The Americans” is a pretty silly generalization about anyone on this forum who isn’t Australian. There really are only two Dante haters here, and one isn’t American.

Yeah mate, it was a silly comment in totality.

So if I am, I need to have an ‘us against them’ mentality?

I’m done with you.

Here’s hoping Dante and the whole team stay healthy and perform well. I’m sure that’s something we can all agree on.
The problem with U you're nice to people that have trashed Dante for ages. You're a person that follows the majority. Peer pressure lol. Though of course thats what I'm hoping for everyone to be healthy and play good basketball. And I'm also here to call out the people that trash players.