What's new

Dante Exum to the Rockets

I don't know... Ben Simmons is a really good player but he's got some limitations and they need to do a full re-build now. 4 unprotected picks and a bunch of unprotected pick swaps is pretty nice. I think they flip Victor at some point for another first and an expiring.
I hadn’t seen they’d gotten Dipo, that makes it better. It’s still a pretty light haul for an MVP in his prime. Oof

Houston did get 4 first round picks, 4 1st round swap options and Oladipo.

I dont know why they wanted Oladipo instead of LaVert though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Not sure either but... his contract is expiring and they might still try to be good this year. If it fails you could flip him. Maybe they were worried that they'd suck and Caris would get hurt and be bad money?

Every trade Houston does has a big money component. With this trade they dropped below the tax.

There's some real potential for drama in Brooklyn now. We may forget the Gobert\ Mitchell debacle ever happened.
They already got drama and were like... **** it the house is on fire just throw some gas on it and see what happens.

well Houston did this trade because they had no choice the way Harden was acting and calling out his team as not good enough. I do not know how Brooklyn only ends of giving up 4 swaps. They get a former MVP and the best player and they just give up draft position. Besides Houston is going to be worse than Brooklyn so why would Houston swap.? Unless the swaps are years in advance it makes no sense. I think you have 3 malcontent players in Brooklyn who have massive egos so they good either be really good or explode or turn on each other.

Houston didn't have a choice and they got back a decent haul for him. The Brooklyn picks might not be the best as I don't see them going belly up completely the next six years, but it at least gives them some value. I believe the CLE pick has some protections. I think they probably would have preferred getting someone from the Sixers like Simmons or Embiid but they didn't want to budge.

The Nets will have offensive firepower, that's for sure. We'll sell how all these ball-dependent guys work together.

Nets just sold their soul

I feel for Allen , surely cavs move on either Drummond or McGee ?

Think the real winner out of this is the pacers ... victor is a chucker ... levert is one handy player that fits pacers system way better

Shocking that Harden went from the OKC trio to starring by himself to playing with Russ again to playing with Durant again.

Such a weird path for a superstar.

This is now the 3rd team played Durant has played on that has 3 superstars (OKC, GS and now Brooklyn). If he doesn't win a title here, he will have a very tarnished legacy. Harden too.

well Houston did this trade because they had no choice the way Harden was acting and calling out his team as not good enough. I do not know how Brooklyn only ends of giving up 4 swaps. They get a former MVP and the best player and they just give up draft position. Besides Houston is going to be worse than Brooklyn so why would Houston swap.? Unless the swaps are years in advance it makes no sense. I think you have 3 malcontent players in Brooklyn who have massive egos so they good either be really good or explode or turn on each other.

I think Houston got the short end, but 8 years is a loooong time in the NBA. Eight years ago was Hayward's sophomore season.

Shocking that Harden went from the OKC trio to starring by himself to playing with Russ again to playing with Durant again.

Such a weird path for a superstar.

This is now the 3rd team played Durant has played on that has 3 superstars (OKC, GS and now Brooklyn). If he doesn't win a title here, he will have a very tarnished legacy. Harden too.

Durant does have a title though iirc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app