What's new

Dante`s final contract year

Since his rookie year they haven’t actually rolled the dice with him playing wise, so they paid for their own lack of seeing what they really have. Or paid him on his practices and ‘upside’. More fool DL and Quin. Can’t blame Exum for saying yes to the money, not up to him what court time he gets (and yes I get the “he should earn it argument”).

I hate this thinking. That we should be alright with a bad gamble that costs more than the MLE EVERY YEAR.

I keep hoping Dante will make my lack of faith look stupid, but he’s mostly done that to his supporters, and most importantly the organization.
That's not at all what I said. I just pointed out that people are not aware that they are misquoting his contract details. You can interpret it however you'd like.

i always knew dante was over hyped as hell and the fact DL fell for it not...ONCE, BUT TWICE is absurd as ****.

Reactions: MVP
I stumbled upon this article on RealGM last night:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...ntract-on-each-nba-team-in-2018-19/ar-BBQw12e

We don`t have many bad contracts so Dante`s was the obvious choice here. But, the interesting thing is this detail from the piece:

"Still, Exum is just 23 years old, so although the early return on investment isn't great, there's plenty of time for that to change. Plus, even if it doesn't, at least the third year of his deal is non-guaranteed, so Utah can get out of the contract without paying the full $33 million."

I have not seen this mentioned before. If this is true, it is huge for the Jazz. Since I haven`t seen in mentioned I reckon it to not be true, though.

I like you and I respect your work on player contracts, but IMO you've missed the boat here. Badly.

Utah screwed the pooch by not getting a 4 year deal on Dante. IN absolutely no way, is it going to be a good thing that Utah can cut ties a year early.

Bad thread my friend, but I'm willing to wait and see. Keep up the good work, otherwise.

I like you and I respect your work on player contracts, but IMO you've missed the boat here. Badly.

Utah screwed the pooch by not getting a 4 year deal on Dante. IN absolutely no way, is it going to be a good thing that Utah can cut ties a year early.

Bad thread my friend, but I'm willing to wait and see. Keep up the good work, otherwise.

It takes two to tango. Maybe the Jazz wanted a 4 year deal with the last non-guaranteed but Exum's camp preferred reaching free agency sooner. Who knows. We will never know the details of negotiations so it's pointless to think about 'what if' or criticize one party for not doing 'this' or 'that'