What's new

David Locke and his Strange Love Calls

jazzlurker

Are his calls getting stranger or am I hearing things??? I'm waiting for a new signature call like his "he just got stabbed and clawed by a caged bear gobert".

Locke if you are reading how bout these gems of gout:

1. Ooooh Bron just layed a Clevlend Steamer and Gobert just ate it up.
2. Sexy Exum just dropped a bomb and the toilet cobra was flushed home.
3. Eewwww kobe just dribbled on the rim and Kanter the janitor just wiped it clean.
4. Yes Favors just did us a favor and stuffed that orange in the muddy tunnel.
5. Man Haywards so smooth like I dream of. Wish he'd join me in my bath with a bottle of baby oil.
6. Burkes so clutch I wish he'd clutch me. (I'd write something else less appropriate here like bal!$)

Feel free to add your own.

1. Ooooh Bron just layed a Clevlend Steamer and Gobert just ate it up.
2. Sexy Exum just dropped a bomb and the toilet cobra was flushed home.
3. Eewwww kobe just dribbled on the rim and Kanter the janitor just wiped it clean.
4. Yes Favors just did us a favor and stuffed that orange in the muddy tunnel.
5. Man Haywards so smooth like I dream of. Wish he'd join me in my bath with a bottle of baby oil.
6. Burkes so clutch I wish he'd clutch me. (I'd write something else less appropriate here like bal!$)

Well, this certainly is Lockeward...

Lucky you didn't get less appropriate.

Can you give some examples of his actual strange love calls? I only hear him on the podcast, where he's a different flavour of strange.

Lucky you didn't get less appropriate.

Can you give some examples of his actual strange love calls? I only hear him on the podcast, where he's a different flavour of strange.

If you can listen to the live stream of the play by play you will get it. The bear gobert comment was his....

Waiting for him to say, "Dante just jumped like a kangaroo and boomeranged that ball into the outback".

Or

1. Kanters swat makes me hot, the turkeys done and everyone can eat.

Strangely colorful

I would characterize Locke's calls as "strangely colorful." His calls make the game fun and enjoyable, as opposed to the bland, overly scripted, redundant banter from the TV guys. There are times when Harping and Boler are barfing something about Georgia Tech when I want to scream, "Hey, guys, there's a game going on! How about some relevant commentary!"

I would characterize Locke's calls as "strangely colorful." His calls make the game fun and enjoyable, as opposed to the bland, overly scripted, redundant banter from the TV guys. There are times when Harping and Boler are barfing something about Georgia Tech when I want to scream, "Hey, guys, there's a game going on! How about some relevant commentary!"

There are a lot of times when Locke is announcing that I'm screaming at the radio saying "what ****ing team has possession of the ball? Which of the three guys named 'Williams' on the floor right now are you talking about? I don't care if he slama-lame-ding-donged the ball home, I want to know who it was and what the ****ing score is."

Locke sucks at calling basketball games.

At least on the TV I can see what's actually going on.

For all the jokes about Hot Rod being a drunk that muther****er brang it every damn night for decades.

At least on the TV I can see what's actually going on.

For all the jokes about Hot Rod being a drunk that muther****er brang it every damn night for decades.
Hot rod being drunk is probably WHY he brang it every night

Should be pumping boler and harp with some gf homebrew each game tbh

I'm way excited for my new shift because it's hard to brew hombrew outside, in the snow, in the dark. Lot of extra **** to deal with. I actually life brewing outside in the winter, just not at night.

All that to say that I'm going to be brewing again soon after taking the last few months off from it.