What's new

David Locke - Utah Jazz are NOT tanking

So now our record IS valid evidence? Interesting double standards you got.

You declared that actions are everything. What additional tanking measures have we taken since you insist on keeping this thread alive?
I’m going by your standard., lol..

Whatever the standard though are you still in insisting we’re not tanking?

I’m going by your standard., lol..
Which is the exact definition of double standards, my man.
Whatever the standard though are you still in insisting we’re not tanking?
I havent seen any new actions by our FO sabotaging our record so of course I stand with the same opinion. The inuries seem legit and being without 2 of our top 4 players (first JC + Sexton then Lauri + Sexton) in each of the last 3 games is the single biggest reason why we lost them. I don't know how legit/fishy the injuries are but ofc if this stays as a theme and our top guys never seem to get healthy then I might become suspicious about it.

I will only ask you one question in this post and hope you answer it:
Why are you trying to keep this thread/debate alive singlehandedly? Please explain that. Feedback from the community was that we need to let it die.

I will only ask you one question in this post and hope you answer it:
Why are you trying to keep this thread/debate alive singlehandedly? Please explain that. Feedback from the community was that we need to let it die.
Cos you seem to be the only one single-handedly in this thread arguing against the tank and has yet to admit we’re tanking.

So as long as you’re arguing that we aren’t tanking his thread is still very much alive and well.. lol..

Cos you seem to be the only one single-handedly in this thread arguing against the tank and has yet to admit we’re tanking.

So as long as you’re arguing that we aren’t tanking his thread is still very much alive and well.. lol..
But why are you keeping it alive? What is there for you to gain in this?

To see if I can convince you?
Well then you need to understand my argument. It is not that the trade didn't make us worse, which it did. My argument is that was not the reason we made that trade and that it didn't make us bad enough to be considered tanking.

According to DA and Zanik the trade was made "record agnostic". That means how it impacts our record was not a factor in making that decission. They knew it would make our bench thin but they also knew it causes our best players to get more opportunity. There is no way to reliably predict how that affects our win/loss bottom line. Even our win total over/under line didn't change much due to that trade and the last line that Vegas gave us (I also posted it) was 39.5 wins which is more than it was since we dropped below .500 mark for the first time in December (back then it was 37.5).

Then proceeds to take a spin on tankathon to close the pod… talks about how fun it will be… yada yada.

Not sure why he feels the need to cape for the franchise like it really matters all that much but hilarious when people can’t see it for what it is.

Then proceeds to take a spin on tankathon to close the pod… talks about how fun it will be… yada yada.

Not sure why he feels the need to cape for the franchise like it really matters all that much but hilarious when people can’t see it for what it is.
Do you think Ryan could sell tickets to a lottery-results viewing party at the Delta Center?

Locke's tone today sounded like the Jazz are tanking and the Jazz should be tanking
lol. now they've lost a few in a row and he's excited about a high pick. pretty much what hh said above - he's an apologist through and through. when they are winning half their games, they aren't tanking. lose 3 or 4 in a row, tanking.

the reality is, the moves they made in the off-season were tanking moves and when that didn't work, they made more tanking moves at the deadline. at the very least, since the deadline, they have been tanking despite his protestations to the contrary.

Locke's tone today sounded like the Jazz are tanking and the Jazz should be tanking

lol. now they've lost a few in a row and he's excited about a high pick. pretty much what hh said above - he's an apologist through and through. when they are winning half their games, they aren't tanking. lose 3 or 4 in a row, tanking.
It was hilarious cuz at one point he was like “we’ve all been focused on the play in”… bitch you got a mouse in your pocket… who is this “we” I been in tankathon running simulations for 6 damn months… draft has been so much more of the focus than making a play in run lol. His tone was like “we are all shocked we might still get a high pick” like we didn’t offload 3 starters at the deadline for nothing.

Locke last week "we are not tanking"

Locke this week "how far could we slide? we could get the 6th pick!!!"

Okay champ.

Yep I saw that.. lol.. why am I not surprised at this point. I don't have a problem with Locke protecting the Org., not sure he's 'paid' to do it, but he seems to take pride in doing so.

What I didn't like was blatantly lying to the public with the emphatic 'We're not tanking' claim, when at best the evidence was not clear.

I guess like everything time will tell and it's becoming clearer by the minute what we're doing and he's had no choice now but to get with the program.

Well then you need to understand my argument. It is not that the trade didn't make us worse, which it did. My argument is that was not the reason we made that trade and that it didn't make us bad enough to be considered tanking.

According to DA and Zanik the trade was made "record agnostic". That means how it impacts our record was not a factor in making that decission. They knew it would make our bench thin but they also knew it causes our best players to get more opportunity. There is no way to reliably predict how that affects our win/loss bottom line. Even our win total over/under line didn't change much due to that trade and the last line that Vegas gave us (I also posted it) was 39.5 wins which is more than it was since we dropped below .500 mark for the first time in December (back then it was 37.5).
OK bro, just a simple question from me, do you still think we're not tanking?

It's a simple yes or no question.

Just to finish this thread off.. Locke now implying we’re tanking..

At 2.50min of his latest video:

“The Jazz are currently at 8 with a real chance to get as low or as good as 5 the way things are trending. A really realistic chance if they manage this correctly”.

So what does “manage this correctly” mean, Locke?

LOL

He’s basically implying we’re tanking.

View: https://youtu.be/g_v4wgrLf8Y

Just to finish this thread off.. Locke now implying we’re tanking..

At 2.50min of his latest video:

“The Jazz are currently at 8 with a real chance to get as low or as good as 5 the way things are trending. A really realistic chance if they manage this correctly”.

So what does “manage this correctly” mean, Locke?

LOL

He’s basically implying we’re tanking.

View: https://youtu.be/g_v4wgrLf8Y

Look they said they would never make a trade that would influence the standings and they aren't doing that now... they are simply managing a pick through development of young players and ensuring everyone's health is managed well...