What's new

David Stockton signed for the remainder of the season

Mods, please fix remainder.

Next announcement will then be John Stockton has been added as a Player Development Coach...

Just so he gets a ring, if Lil' Stock does too...

Next announcement will then be John Stockton has been added as a Player Development Coach...

Just so he gets a ring, if Lil' Stock does too...
Jazz win a championship, and they need to make up team roles for Stockton, Malone and Sloan to give them rings.

Team ambassadors, basketball consultants, etc. Don’t care what it is. . . but those three deserve a ring when it happens.

Last edited:
David Stockton reminds me of Ulis - both can pass and are so fast down the court they make things happen. Ulis on defense is amazing when one considers his size and weight. If Stockton can be that intense it would be awesome.

Little Stock is shooting .666% from 3 and 100% from the line and would average about 40 ppg per 36 minutes. This makes sense given the news on Neto yesterday.

When he checked in last night the arena went nuts. It was really cool to see "Stockton" on the court in the current jerseys. I bet the Jazz can sell a ton of those jerseys lol

I'm curious what how much he'll get paid. I assume he made around $90k for the two 10 day contracts, and probably $30k for a prorated contract (as minimum salary contracts are prorated) for the remainder of the season.

As I recall, players don't receive salary for a playoff performance, just a bonus for each game, and it is generally not that much. Either way, good for him. He as a solid game, he is just undersized.

Anyone see any mention of Crowder (eye) or Rubio (sore hamstring)? Both left the game with issues.

Yes but i dont care. Closed this chapter already. It was awsome when he hit thi

It will be a strange dynamic for sure when he’ll have a ring and his father won’t.[/QUOTE]
Jazz win a championship, and they need to make up team roles for Stockton, Malone and Sloan to give them rings.

Team ambassadors, basketball consultants, etc. Don’t care what it is. . . but those three deserve a ring when it happens.

One of the greatest ideas on this forum ever.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249472/Jazz-To-Sign-David-Stockton-For-Remainder-Of-Season

It will be a strange dynamic for sure when he’ll have a ring and his father won’t.

I'm curious what how much he'll get paid. I assume he made around $90k for the two 10 day contracts, and probably $30k for a prorated contract (as minimum salary contracts are prorated) for the remainder of the season.

As I recall, players don't receive salary for a playoff performance, just a bonus for each game, and it is generally not that much. Either way, good for him. He as a solid game, he is just undersized.
Pretty much guaranteed to be back for our summer league next year as well. Don’t think he’ll stick with the Jazz, but if another NBA team doesn’t pick him up, I hope they sign him to the Stars.

Gonna go down as the best move DL has made: all the Stockton fanaticism to show Donovan just how strong and lasting his legacy can be.

If he's willing to throw a punch in a scuffle then this becomes a legit great signing.

Heck, yes he's willing!

Check the dates: directly after Rubio was bullied by Chriss & Dudley David Stockton was signed.

This is because more than 30 years prior Nintendo already foresaw what would happen had David Stockton been around to enforce the Rubio assault. Here's Jared Dudley getting knocked out by David Stockton:

Mike-Tysons-Punch-Out-USA_077.png