What's new

Dear Jordan Clarkson

I mean, if he doesn't shoot, might as well give his minutes to someone else. Wish Butler could be ready sooner but the kid's currently shooting less than 10% from the floor himself.

Last edited:
He's driving me up the wall this season. It's almost like he doesn't even care about winning or losing, he just cares about his own scoring.

Consider me not concerned at all. I'm more concerned about our defensive lapses and turnovers tbpfhwy.
This. The Jazz have many ugly broken possessions that result in turnovers and easy points on the other end. Plug that hole and you do MUCH more than telling a shooter not to shoot.

I just wish he’d get set. It seems he’s almost intentionally shooting on the move when he doesn’t have to.

Noted.

If Clarkson becomes the first shooter that forgets how to shoot for the rest of their career you will be contacted immediately.

I mean…we’re not talking about Steph Curry here. He can’t be this bad forever, but he was already teetering the line a bit with his inefficiency.

I just wish he’d get set. It seems he’s almost intentionally shooting on the move when he doesn’t have to.

It kills me a little when he misses his first couple because that means he’s going to press even harder.

Shooters got to shoot….but he’s been pressing way too much. He’s got to fight the urge to dial up the flamethrower to 200% when he’s struggling. It’s not actually playing his game if 80% of his shots are fading off balance 3’s.

Clarkson playing red light/green light squid game
deb8i6w-0abc97d2-e6dc-421c-99ab-364df704fb1a.gif

That green light is really green

All jokes aside I feel he settles way too often considering all the offensive tools he has in the bag. Show them off.

This. The Jazz have many ugly broken possessions that result in turnovers and easy points on the other end. Plug that hole and you do MUCH more than telling a shooter not to shoot.

I don't think anyone's saying he shouldn't shoot but he just doesn't need to shoot so much. In the last 3 games he's taken 50 shots... that's just too many, especially when we have much more efficient shooters that could be taking some of those shots. He shouldn't be averaging more shots per game than Conley and Bogey.

I don't think anyone's saying he shouldn't shoot but he just doesn't need to shoot so much. In the last 3 games he's taken 50 shots... that's just too many, especially when we have much more efficient shooters that could be taking some of those shots. He shouldn't be averaging more shots per game than Conley and Bogey.

For me it’s less about the number of shots and more about the quality of the shots. Taking tough shots is his game and is valuable….but when he’s struggling he starts pressing and dials up his shot difficulty to 12/10.

For me it’s less about the number of shots and more about the quality of the shots. Taking tough shots is his game and is valuable….but when he’s struggling he starts pressing and dials up his shot difficulty to 12/10.
It's both.