What's new

Game Thread Dec 03, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 12-03-22

yep. we think we are smart so we over-analyze this stuff. the jazz lost because those guys couldn't buy a three. sometimes its just that simple.
How many times have we said that same thing though, with some of those same names appearing on the list?

JC has slipped to 35% in 3PT (8th in the team) for the season and a pretty disgusting 27.1% in the 4th quarter.

Meanwhile, we have not 1 but two bigs who average over 40% from 3 both in the 4th quarter and overall.

yep. we think we are smart so we over-analyze this stuff. the jazz lost because those guys couldn't buy a three. sometimes its just that simple.
We lost because Lauri committed two awful turnovers in a row.

Hardy probably could have negated the first one, but it's still more on Lauri not to just randomly lose the ball because he was feeling a slight bit of pressure.

The NBA is a bunch of comedians fining Jordan Clarkson $15,000 after the Portland game because he was upset at getting jobbed by Tony Brothers. The replay was clear that not only did he get fouled he was mauled. The call was so bad coach gets a tech. Let's see give the Jazz three more points when the game was tied late hmmmm. The ref's incompetence led to this. I hope Jordan appeals and wins.

The NBA is a bunch of comedians fining Jordan Clarkson $15,000 after the Portland game because he was upset at getting jobbed by Tony Brothers. The replay was clear that not only did he get fouled he was mauled. The call was so bad coach gets a tech. Let's see give the Jazz three more points when the game was tied late hmmmm. The ref's incompetence led to this. I hope Jordan appeals and wins.
Really? He got fined? Thats ridiculous. Even "the block" looked like it hit him in the wrist rather than the ball.

He won't win. The refs are sacrosanct in the NBA and their vehicle for controlling games. They will never discipline any refs nor change calls nor reverse other decisions like this. They have to protect the product and the refs are the Knights of the Kingdom, doing just that, ensuring the outcome when they need to. I get that this is a business first and foremost but I wish they would at least pretend this was a little bit different than the WWE, and that officiating mistakes like this matter. But largely it is not. We don't have officiating, we have officiating theater, and that is how the NBA likes it. It will never change.

He won't win. The refs are sacrosanct in the NBA and their vehicle for controlling games. They will never discipline any refs nor change calls nor reverse other decisions like this. They have to protect the product and the refs are the Knights of the Kingdom, doing just that, ensuring the outcome when they need to. I get that this is a business first and foremost but I wish they would at least pretend this was a little bit different than the WWE, and that officiating mistakes like this matter. But largely it is not. We don't have officiating, we have officiating theater, and that is how the NBA likes it. It will never change.
Actually the fine was for throwing his headband at the stadium stairs:

They might fine him more for criticizing the officiating publicly. So this might turn even more ridiculous.

Actually the fine was for throwing his headband at the stadium stairs:

They might fine him more for criticizing the officiating publicly. So this might turn even more ridiculous.
I get that's what the league released as the "reason" but JC was frustrated at the way the entire game was called. He gets hammered no call and he looks at a Blazer and foul on JC. The headband hit nothing but the stairs.

I get that's what the league released as the "reason" but JC was frustrated at the way the entire game was called. He gets hammered no call and he looks at a Blazer and foul on JC. The headband hit nothing but the stairs.
I mean I’ve seen less be ruled a flagrant two and we don’t even get a whistle. Then to add insult to injury we get leveled with a technical and a player fine. In the wake of the apparent Star treatment that Derozan got and other recent anomalies, it’s pretty easy to get jaded. (I mean I want to believe that we are trending the right direction in the Adam Silver era). But whatever it is, intent or incompetence, i rewatched the final five minutes and realized that Nurkic should have been called for the heavy hand to the torso of Markkanen which as Laurie tried to free himself led to his losing the ball, on that second to last inbounds play.

I mean I’ve seen less be ruled a flagrant two and we don’t even get a whistle. Then to add insult to injury we get leveled with a technical and a player fine. In the wake of the apparent Star treatment that Derozan got and other recent anomalies, it’s pretty easy to get jaded. (I mean I want to believe that we are trending the right direction in the Adam Silver era). But whatever it is, intent or incompetence, i rewatched the final five minutes and realized that Nurkic should have been called for the heavy hand to the torso of Markkanen which as Laurie tried to free himself led to his losing the ball, on that second to last inbounds play.
Here you go. How the **** do they reconcile this one?

View: https://twitter.com/Samsworth_KSL/status/1451741723974004740?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1451741723974004740%7Ctwgr%5E0cdc3d3d7cac684eff1bb673d6c0e9c91d9ac3ae%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fkslsports.com%2F470689%2Fjoe-ingles-ejected-for-flagrant-two-foul-during-first-quarter-of-jazz-kings-game%2F

View: https://twitter.com/hansenjames/status/1599251143309369344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1599251143309369344%7Ctwgr%5E4782e5c636ddfcc11690b7feece1ca7e40d3a959%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.slcdunk.com%2F2022%2F12%2F5%2F23495920%2Fjordan-clarkson-fined-by-nba-for-throwing-headband-into-stands-tony-brothers-refs-bad-officiating

Tell me there aren't some kind of shady shenanigans going on in NBA officiating. Hence, the shitficiating designation. Worst officiating the league has seen in decades.

I don’t know, except that the league office is way too quick to defend the inconsistency, negligence and biases of its officials. It’s really weird for a league that’s gone all in on BLM and it’s ensuing police transparency movement to have its own officials and officiating be deemed beyond scrutiny. And if you question something or shine a light on it, you’re slapped with fines and suspension!