What's new

Game Thread Dec 07, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Warriors

Added to Calendar: 12-07-22

It's a pill that makes you do dumb things. It's really not a complicated statement.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
So imaginary? Since you cant name it. Seems pretty complicated if its something you cant name. What does the pill look like? Where do you purchase it? Why does the doctor prescribe it? How does it work?

From the box-score JV and Walker had even 24/24 split of minutes. Wonder if that was intentional or just coincidence. I dont mind that being the minute split between the two. Gives them both time to develop and influence teh game.

So, Kessler is averaging almost2 blocks a game in 15 minutes of play, and 4 blocks per 36 minutes. Is he the top rim protector in the league or is this a case of no one knowing better and challenging him because he’s a rookie?
Well he was the best shot blocker in college basketball and everyone knew better so I think he is simply an amazing rim protector and maybe the best in the league.

The L2M report is going to be super spicy

Clarkson actually got fouled two possessions in a row that they didn’t call. The second one they ended up calling a flagrant 2 which it literally wasn’t. KO got elbowed hard as **** by Poole which was a no-call. Simone got fouled on the dunk to win it. I don’t think NAW fouled Poole though. You don’t ever expose the ball like he did in that situation.

I recorded it for everyone!

While I still think the Jazz should seriously consider moving Conley and getting an asset while they can. . . I will admit that it’s pretty damn nice to see how much love he has for his teammates. He’s gone from 3rd (or 4th) fiddle on a really good team to the undisputed leader of these young men. You can definitely tell that his personality and veteran presence is rubbing off on them. Loved seeing him celebrating with Fontecchio after the game.

May have to rethink if I really want him moved.

Last edited:
Clarkson actually got fouled two possessions in a row that they didn’t call. The second one they ended up calling a flagrant 2 which it literally wasn’t. KO got elbowed hard as **** by Poole which was a no-call. Simone got fouled on the dunk to win it. I don’t think NAW fouled Poole though. You don’t ever expose the ball like he did in that situation.
I think NAW fouled poole on the wrist. It really doesn't matter if you expose the ball or not. If you get hit on the wrist it is a foul. The flagrant 2 was total BS. KO got elbowed by poole because KO stuck his face right into pooles space. KO caused that contact to occur. No call was correct on that imo.

Vando was invisible tonight and not in a good way. Wouldn’t mind seeing him moved honestly to open up more minutes for Kessler.

I think NAW fouled poole on the wrist. It really doesn't matter if you expose the ball or not. If you get hit on the wrist it is a foul. The flagrant 2 was total BS. KO got elbowed by poole because KO stuck his face right into pooles space. KO caused that contact to occur. No call was correct on that imo.

I have to look closer at it. For the record I’m not saying because he exposed it that it’s not a foul I’m just saying he did the one thing you can’t do in that situation.

KO was trying to play tight defense and Poole clearly raised his elbow to hit him.

I literally don’t know why they don’t do it. It is mind boggling.
I mean I guess they figured that they were up 4 with such little time that the jazz making a three wouldn't be enough for the jazz to win. What is really dumb is that if the jazz were only down three they probably still wouldn't have fouled. That is when you always should foul.

I mean I guess they figured that they were up 4 with such little time that the jazz making a three wouldn't be enough for the jazz to win. What is really dumb is that if the jazz were only down three they probably still wouldn't have fouled. That is when you always should foul.

I honestly was just hoping we’d get a shot to try and tie it if they hit both free throws.

I have to look closer at it. For the record I’m not saying because he exposed it that it’s not a foul I’m just saying he did the one thing you can’t do in that situation.

KO was trying to play right defense and Poole clearly raised his elbow to hit him.
So if a player sticks his face right next to your shoulder then you aren't allowed to move? Nah, have to give the dude a little room to have some movement. KO was doing KO stuff. It works a lot of the time but its often cheap and dirty and him just trying to manipulate the refs. Which is what he was doing there. He wasn't playing defense. He was putting his face in a spot where he hoped an elbow might come to so he could flop his way to a call. (good strategy in that game situation imo)
Hell, players have always been coached that when you grab a rebound you clear space (by raising up your elbows) so defenders cant swipe or poke the ball away. Right?

So if a player sticks his face right next to your shoulder then you aren't allowed to move? Nah, have to give the dude a little room to have some movement. KO was doing KO stuff. It works a lot of the time but its often cheap and dirty and him just trying to manipulate the refs. Which is what he was doing there. He wasn't playing defense. He was putting his face in a spot where he hoped an elbow might come to so he could flop his way to a call. (good strategy in that game situation imo)
Hell, players have always been coached that when you grab a rebound you clear space (by raising up your elbows) so defenders cant swipe or poke the ball away. Right?

Poole saw him coming and started throwing his elbow right before Olynyk got there.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/_Talkin_NBA/status/1600707881489285122