What's new

Game Thread Dec 07, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Warriors

Added to Calendar: 12-07-22

I'm a bit disappointed with JC losing his cool and showing his fist. I know he's frustrated from the previous game but he's a veteran he should know better. Hes complaining too much now I would prefer he goes back to that cool laid back dude we all love . It's hopeless to argue with the refs anyway.

Also good try KO but nothing beats Chris Bosh flop, nothing.

I'm a bit disappointed with JC losing his cool and showing his fist. I know he's frustrated from the previous game but he's a veteran he should know better. Hes complaining too much now I would prefer he goes back to that cool laid back dude we all love . It's hopeless to argue with the refs anyway.
Same. Feels like 50% of this is just frustration from getting bogged down and losing the ball so often when he tries to take over and dribbles into the teeth of the defense. Seems to happen in every game now.

Yes he does get fouled, but he also initiates much of the contact himself. And refs don't want to give you calls if you don't have any advantage in the play. Clarkson dribbling into the trees is something where he won't get bailed out easily when he loses the ball.

Also good try KO but nothing beats Chris Bosh flop, nothing.
I think he is feeling the pressure of the bad streak and his shooting form in it as well as being screwed by the refs. Fun fact: JC ranks 37th in FGA but only 82nd in FTA. Kinda weird stat combo for a guard who drives in as much as he does...

Wow, what a crazy finish. I definitely wasn't expecting to win after giving up the lead late in the 4th. Just a crazy series of events. I definitely think the NAW steal was a foul, but I'm not that concerned, I'll just consider it a make up call.

It's really too bad about Sexton. He had been playing great since Conley went out. Hopefully it's not too bad, I heard hamstring, but I haven't seen much else, I guess we'll hear more today. On the positive side we should see more NAW, who had a fantastic game, and I'd like to see if he can continue to shoot. If NAW can hit open 3's, then he becomes very playable. He is far and away our best defender against guards. He needs to cut out some of his poor decision making, but maybe with more minutes he can get more confident and become something. I'm not necessarily betting on it, but would like to find out.

Kessler continues to be impressive. He needs to learn to be a little more disciplined defending the paint so that he doesn't get out of position to grab rebounds or defend secondary actions. I'm sure he's getting coached up on that aspect of his game. For a Rookie he is still quite amazing.

I kind of liked the NAW, JC, Beasley, KO, Kessler lineup they played for a little bit at the end. I'm not sure it performed all that well, but I think it has some potential as a nice defensive lineup with some offensive potential as a secondary unit that could spell Lauri/Mike some minutes.

Kessler continues to be impressive. He needs to learn to be a little more disciplined defending the paint so that he doesn't get out of position to grab rebounds or defend secondary actions. I'm sure he's getting coached up on that aspect of his game. For a Rookie he is still quite amazing.

Some of this is scheme. I think Hardy isn't playing a traditional drop with him and he spends more time switching out on the perimeter than Gobert did. He's "out of position" a lot because of this. He's learning when he can cheat to the paint and when he needs to stay on his man. When he can set his heels in the paint with his back to the baseline he is deadly, ALREADY elite.

Thanks for posting. Watch again. Note a few things. How close is KO's face to pooles space. Look at the motion poole makes, it wouldn't look awkward if no one was around him. He simply moved his arms and the ball up. A natural movement. Nothing out of the ordinary about it. Look at the second replay. Its pooles SHOULDER that hits KO, not his elbow. Kind of hard to throw a shoulder out far from your body. Kelly was too close. Dude needs to have space to move naturally. Lastly notice how hard KO goes down. Epic flop. He was just fine. The shoulder contact to the face was slight. KO was simply trying to manipulate the refs into a call. Which was the correct thing to do in that desperation scenario.
Yep. It's playing the game the way the NBA encourages them to play it. Flop, get the call, free throws, profit.

Thanks for posting. Watch again. Note a few things. How close is KO's face to pooles space. Look at the motion poole makes, it wouldn't look awkward if no one was around him. He simply moved his arms and the ball up. A natural movement. Nothing out of the ordinary about it. Look at the second replay. Its pooles SHOULDER that hits KO, not his elbow. Kind of hard to throw a shoulder out far from your body. Kelly was too close. Dude needs to have space to move naturally. Lastly notice how hard KO goes down. Epic flop. He was just fine. The shoulder contact to the face was slight. KO was simply trying to manipulate the refs into a call. Which was the correct thing to do in that desperation scenario.
100% spot on

Some of this is scheme. I think Hardy isn't playing a traditional drop with him and he spends more time switching out on the perimeter than Gobert did. He's "out of position" a lot because of this. He's learning when he can cheat to the paint and when he needs to stay on his man. When he can set his heels in the paint with his back to the baseline he is deadly, ALREADY elite.
I could be wrong, but I dont think Walker has switched onto a guard all season (it's probably happened once or twice, but it's rare). He plays a deeper drop than Gobert did.

Last edited:
Exactly. I have no idea what this switching talk is about
Maybe big to big switching where he gets matched up on a more perimeter based big, idk. Jazz also switch a lot of stuff back off-ball. Or maybe he is talking about when they play zone and everyone is out of place because our zone is mediocre.