What's new

Game Thread Dec 13, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 12-13-22

Stats say shooters are 5/19 from the three point line when he does it small sample size but still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think players will probably get use to it. I'm not sure it's something I would always do, or have every player do, but like in the right situation.

Brilliant, I hadn't seen this before. If it's really effective it's probably more about distraction than blocking the line of sight.

If players cared less about looking good, we would probably see more crazy stuff on the court like this.
IDK if it's about looking good. No one does that at any level. I think it's just a weird thing to do that no one's really thought of.

Also think HH might be right that it might be a negative if overused or used incorrectly. Like could this potentially increase offensive rebounds because your 7' is less focused on the rebound? IDK.

IDK if it's about looking good. No one does that at any level. I think it's just a weird thing to do that no one's really thought of.

Also think HH might be right that it might be a negative if overused or used incorrectly. Like could this potentially increase offensive rebounds because your 7' is less focused on the rebound? IDK.
Most players should be shooting FTs granny style but it's called granny style so they don't.

I was thinking of stuff like underhand free throws, but some other crazy stuff is most likely discouraged by the coaches. I'm guessing refferees would discourage some of it too.

There was a junior Jazz team when I was growing up that did all sorts of crazy stuff on the court. Most of it was to get laughs, but some of it might have been just crazy enough to be effective.

Most players should be shooting FTs granny style but it's called granny style so they don't.
I think like maybe 3 or 4. Granny Style is extremely hard and I think most people are going to be bad at granny. It's such a huge time investment in something that may not work and has no positive benefit of resembling your jump shot.

It's like the same thing when people say someone should master a sky hook. It's a ****ing hard shot to learn, that's why no one does it.