What's new

Game Thread Dec 17, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Bucks

Added to Calendar: 12-17-22

True.
Conley looks like cripple duck who's trying move only one leg.
If that is uncle- Mike's best level right now then let him come off the bench and let NAW orTHT start in PG.

It's possible they rushed him back too soon.

I think he's looked fine moving the past few games, just has missed some shots. Tonight he really did look like he didn't have any legs.

Mike should play. When you 35, you need time to find rythm when coming back from injury. When Colin is back, and if NAW continue to improve, we can play all 3 and limit Mike min. Or trade him if we got a decent offer.

It's possible they rushed him back too soon.

I think he's looked fine moving the past few games, just has missed some shots. Tonight he really did look like he didn't have any legs.
You hit the top of nail and took words out of my mouth. I agree with that 150%.
Maybe it is time to give more rest for uncle Mike or put him limited minutes

Jazz just don't like teams sitting their stars against us. So we play low to their level. This is DA Jedi mind trick!!

15-7 offensive rebounds advantage for bucks

Portis had 14 rebounds
Jazz starters 11 rebounds total

Need more sleep

Kessler was giving up uncontested three point on every Bucks possession. He didn't deserve minutes, neither did Gay or KO. Hardy should have tried Lauri at the 5 with Vando at the 4 to help him on the boards.

Should have played zone.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Going back to the preseason esp in that Toronto game it was obvious this team would struggle against longer, athletic teams. Milwuakee, Boston, and Toronto are probably the 3 worst matchups for this Jazz team. Luckily those lengthy teams are in the East.

The Jazz played the Pels without Ingram in those wins too. Long, athletic players are their kryptonite. Finding a 6'-8"+ skilled athlete type that can rebound, defend, shoot a little needs to be the top priority for Ainge in this next draft and there should be a few of them available. We can't be using Rudy Gay against some of these lengthy teams.

Coach Hardy blathers on about physicality yet he plays Gay so many minutes and he bails on any risk of getting the slightest bump. Sometimes you gotta look in the mirror about where the trouble begins.
I'm confused why he hasn't found the end of the bench like THT has.

Random thougths.

- I like Kessler. The fact that he's not physical enough yet on offense doesn't worry me at all. He'll learn. Neither does his non-shooting - he has good form on his FT's, there's nothing stopping him from developing a respectable jump shot. What does worry me somewhat, though, is that he seems utterly incapable of closing out to the perimeter. Modern NBA teams will eat you alive if you become known as a guy who just sits deep in the hole. It's not a career killer, but it does put a ceiling on you as a 5. It may be the difference between becoming a career starter or a career backup, particularly if you offense is limited. Team defenses these days depend on all five guys being able to at least bother a 3pt shooter.

- Teams obviously think the Jazz is full of streaky outside shooters who fall too easily back into the habit of launching tough long balls when being denied passing/driving lanes, and they're right. I presume more teams will start gambling that shutting down the middle and turning us into a 100% jump shooting team is the way to a W. It worked perfectly in this game.

- Fun fact: if you take away the one outlier game against Portland where Vando got lucky and somehow hit 4/4 from the perimeter, he's 1 of 10 over the last 15 games. Just stop saying that he's "adding a 3pt shot to his game". The only thing he's adding is terrible spacing. It's high time Vando goes to the bench and Kessler starts. We've seen enough. I'd also trade Vanderbilt without a second thought, but I suspect his market is really small and limited to teams that already have plenty of firepower in place and need an "energy" guy (LOL). IMO his value is dropping as we speak, so get on those phones, Danny.

- This was one game where we definitely missed Sexton putting pressure on the basket. Guys were playing scared.

Last edited: