What's new

Game Thread Dec 23, 2023 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Raptors

Added to Calendar: 12-23-23

Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of faith in Kessler on the offensive end. He’s getting rebounds ripped from him on defense too. He’s not the same player we saw last year.
Yet in his 6 minutes the jazz played their best ball. Which seems to be a trend.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

We play so much zone in an attempt to mask the fact that we can't much up with anyone (I think), but we also have the least rangy and active team ever. Makes the zone swiss cheese.

People on Twitter keep screaming that the defense is bad because Kessler is on the bench.

LOL. Did they not watch the first quarter? Kessler was an embarrasment. If he's going to play this soft, I'm questioning his spot in the rotation. He doesn't give you anything on offense, it's 4 on 5 every time. If he's also allowing 6'7'' guys to make layups right in his grill, what good is he?

We play so much zone in an attempt to mask the fact that we can't much up with anyone (I think), but we also have the least rangy and active team ever. Makes the zone swiss cheese.
I hate the zone

People on Twitter keep screaming that the defense is bad because Kessler is on the bench.

LOL. Did they not watch the first quarter? Kessler was an embarrasment. If he's going to play this soft, I'm questioning his spot in the rotation. He doesn't give you anything on offense, it's 4 on 5 every time. If he's also allowing 6'7'' guys to make layups right in his grill, what good is he?
He is actually one of the best in the league at defending the paint. And he is leading the team currently in plus minus this game in his 6 minutes.
Your eyes are lying to you.

The defense was terrible then too but Lauri had flames shooting out of his ***.

Kessler straight sucks right now. He doesn't deserve minutes.
Incorrect. The defense was good. He made his only shot attempt. (A pretty tough reverse). He played 6 minutes.
Grabbed a couple rebounds and had an assist and didn't miss a shot

This isn't an only this game thing. When he is in the jazz do better as a team.

Without Lauri's 16 points Jazz would be getting brutal ***-kicking for Raptors.
This team do not have any-kind future with this current core and roster.

Jazz aren't going nowhere without huge and massive changes on the roster.
Trade rumors are getting wild on Lauri and something will happen if / when this **** show continues next year.

What ever theat Ainge's masterplan is i hope it will turn on the results and playoffs some point
otherwise it is better to let Lauri go to team which have chances to playoffs and winning NBA championship title

He is actually one of the best in the league at defending the paint. And he is leading the team currently in plus minus this game in his 6 minutes.
Your eyes are lying to you.
An on/off over 6 minutes doesn't mean a damn thing. The fact is that Kessler offered zero resistance when guys came straight at him. His offense is nonexistent so he can only justify his pt by being a force on the other side of the ball.

He's been a piece of wet toilet paper.

Part of me really just wants to throw Hendricks out there because haow could it be worse? But then I think the Raptors will screen and back cut him to death which is his biggest current weakness.

An on/off over 6 minutes doesn't mean a damn thing. The fact is that Kessler offered zero resistance when guys came straight at him. His offense is nonexistent so he can only justify his pt by being a force on the other side of the ball.

All I remember is Toronto scoring on him twice in a row, and ripping a rebound out of his hand which led to a three. I think he also had a put back or something. He certainly had nothing to do with that Jazz run.

The fact is that he offered tons of resistance when guys came straight at him.
And his offense was way existent as he was 1-1 from the field and had an assist in only 6 minutes. Average that out over a full game and that's amazing offense. Great on both ends