What's new

Game Thread Dec 29, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 12-29-21

It's actually a little sad. It's one of the teams I have no ill will towards.
This. Although I would love if we could find a way to get Dame here as our third star. DM, Dame and Gobert. Yikes.

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Cody ZellerCDec 26OutZeller (kneecap) was placed in the league's health and safety protocols Sunday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
Jusuf NurkicCDec 26OutNurkic was placed in the NBA's health and safety protocols Sunday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
Keljin BlevinsSFDec 26Out
Ben McLemoreSGDec 26OutThe Trail Blazers placed McLemore in the NBA's COVID-19 health and safety protocols Saturday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
Robert CovingtonPFDec 26OutThe Trail Blazers placed Covington in the NBA's COVID-19 health and safety protocols Saturday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
Trendon WatfordPFDec 24Out
Dennis Smith Jr.PGDec 24OutSmith was placed in the NBA's health and safety protocols on Friday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
CJ McCollumSGDec 23OutThe Trail Blazers announced Thursday that McCollum's right lung is fully healed after suffering a pneumothorax at the beginning of December.

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Cody ZellerCDec 26OutZeller (kneecap) was placed in the league's health and safety protocols Sunday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
Jusuf NurkicCDec 26OutNurkic was placed in the NBA's health and safety protocols Sunday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
Keljin BlevinsSFDec 26Out
Ben McLemoreSGDec 26OutThe Trail Blazers placed McLemore in the NBA's COVID-19 health and safety protocols Saturday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
Robert CovingtonPFDec 26OutThe Trail Blazers placed Covington in the NBA's COVID-19 health and safety protocols Saturday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
Trendon WatfordPFDec 24Out
Dennis Smith Jr.PGDec 24OutSmith was placed in the NBA's health and safety protocols on Friday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.
CJ McCollumSGDec 23OutThe Trail Blazers announced Thursday that McCollum's right lung is fully healed after suffering a pneumothorax at the beginning of December.
Since we play down to our competition, I’m guessing this game is going to be tight.

However, if we get a lead I’d like for Snyder to try out different lineups. Give Butler and Pascall some burn. These are the games to experiment with. It’ll be a travesty if Conley, Clarkson, and Gobert end up playing 30+ mins tonight.

Since we play down to our competition, I’m guessing this game is going to be tight.

However, if we get a lead I’d like for Snyder to try out different lineups. Give Butler and Pascall some burn. These are the games to experiment with. It’ll be a travesty if Conley, Clarkson, and Gobert end up playing 30+ mins tonight.
Expect the starters to be on the floor when there are two minutes left in the 4th.

Expect the starters to be on the floor when there are two minutes left in the 4th.
Hahaha. Exactly.

Seriously, anyone else notice this? Like we’ve got to be In the majority right? Seems like we routinely play our starters late into the 4th despite having commanding leads. And it’s weird because… well, why are we doing that? Why risk Rudy breaking? Why not see what Pascal can do? Why not unleash Butler? Teams aren’t going to overtake a 20 pt lead in 5-10 mins. If you really don’t have any confidence in the bench, then just send the bench guys out here to run a stall. Get shot clock violations for the final 5 mins of a game. Lol right?

Can't believe Blazers fired their coach because of poor defense and never really shown any flashes of improvement. Real good planning there.