What's new

Deron as a leader tonight=FAIL

timmy

I'm a huge Deron homer but he Got his butt schooled tonight and has to embarrass a teammate who is busting his butt all over the court for not running through on the baseline? Look in the mirror if you wanna complain about someones play.

Deron is a winy cry baby at times. He's always the first to point the finger. Him yelling at Honzward was just terrible, especially with how atrocious he's played so far.

Deron should lead by example, rather than screaming, dressing others down. He was the main reason why we lost, period. Beyond terribe defense, awful shooting.

I'm a huge Deron homer but he Got his butt schooled tonight and has to embarrass a teammate who is busting his butt all over the court for not running through on the baseline? Look in the mirror if you wanna complain about someones play.

I agree... The kid is a rookie for crying out loud, he's going to make a few mistakes and Deron has to understand that...

Darren's an idiot. Anyone yell at him like that when he was a rookie? Or was he too flawless to be yelled at.

I thought Hayward was decent tonight.

I am not sure how long it will take for Deron to mature into a good leader who can keep his tanturums in check. This is one area where he will probably never catch Stockton.

Hayward was great tonight. 6 rebounds, 3 blocks. 6 points on 50%. I think that is better than most people expected from his second game.

Our guard play tonight was pathetic. Deron was okay on his own but pathetic as a leader and couldn't buy a bucket. Bell was just terrible. And don't get me started on CJ; he has been non-existent in both games.

Wow, you guys are really sensitive if you think that Deron/Hayward scene was a big deal. There were tons of other plays to get more upset about than that one.

Deron should yell at CJ and Kirilenko.

You guys all know how much I dogged the Jazz for their selection of of Hayward. But quite honestly, he's looked at least 10x better than Mr Max and at least 1000000000x better than CJ.

Has CJ even made a shot yet this year?

Just working the kinks out you guys... Deron doesn't usually appear frustrated because the offense usually runs much smoother than it is atm.

The Jazz need some time... they'll be fine.

Deron and Phil Johnson also had a pretty heated back-and-forth heading into that timeout. Phil said something to Deron and Deron spun on his heals and had something to say to Phil. I've seen Sloan clash with just about everyone, but never Phil Johnson - although this is his offense so I can understand his frustrations.

I'm fine with Deron getting PO'd with Hayward. Jordan and Kobe got in their teammates faces - sometimes you have to be a jerk if you want to win. Atleast he cares.

I'm fine with Deron getting PO'd with Hayward. Jordan and Kobe got in their teammates faces - sometimes you have to be a jerk if you want to win. Atleast he cares.

BS. why doesnt he get on Kirilenko's or CJ's faces? Or even Big Al's? I guess it is easier to take your frustrations out on a rookie than to look in the mirror. If he cares, then he can certainly do a lot better. And I guess he would have realized it now, with a cooler head.

SLTRIB says that Sloan had some choice words for Deron as well, after that outburst.

...Deron was just frustrated last night because he got completely schooled by a 36 year old point guard, who just happened to be a back to back MVP a few years ago...and probably should have won 3 in a row! Nash is a top 10 smartest player in NBA history. Can't say that about Deron now or ever.