Better Jazz legacy?

• Deron

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • Donovan

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

oneye

2018 Award Winner
Who has the better Jazz legacy after Donovan is traded in the coming weeks/months?

Will be interested in seeing the results as Deron was semi-hated by our fanbase for quite some time after the drama with Sloan.

When Deron was here he was arguably the best PG in the NBA and if he wasn't #1 he was #2 behind Chris Paul and Deron often abused Paul when they played each other.

Donovan would be lucky to be considered a top 5 SG and if you just generalize as backcourt he's not even close to top 5.

We have to see what Danny gets for Mitchell first.

Williams' biggest legacy was what we got in return for him. I have a feeling it will be the same with Mitchell.

I’d take Mitchell - he came in at a time that the franchise really needed someone to fill that star role, has had moments where he has connected with the community, and has had significantly less on/off court drama than Deron.

But, Deron was involved in both boom bitches and the building of pillow forts, so there’s a solid argument there as well.

Deron would rise to the occasion in clutch time and had the wcf where better officiating would of had us in the finals. Don largely shrinks in the clutch. Therefore, I'm taking Deron.

This is tough. Williams brought legitimacy after the Stockton and Malone days. Mitchell saved us when we thought losing Hayward would mean years of the tank. I think I have to go with Mitchell. He was the more consistent all-star for us. But realistically they are so close as to be all but meaningless in comparison.

We have to see what Danny gets for Mitchell first.

Williams' biggest legacy was what we got in return for him. I have a feeling it will be the same with Mitchell.
Williams biggest legacy is certainly not this lol. Derons biggest legacy for his career and us are his days spent in SLC.

Williams biggest legacy is certainly not this lol. Derons biggest legacy for his career and us are his days spent in SLC.
Like actual number of days he was physically present in SLC? I don't really consider that a factor at all.

I wasn't nearly as critical or analytical back when Deron played and so I'm probably not remembering him correctly. To me he was basically the perfect player. Smart, tough, good size for his position, great shot, great distributor, great first step. He seemed to always bring it when it mattered. I remember him being a pretty good defender, but might be wrong about that.

I love Donovan as well, and it was fun watching him go nuclear and basically be unstoppable at times. However, his lack of defense really bothers me and is what makes me pick Deron over him.

Funny enough we had a company picnic the other day and there was a guy there that looked just like Deron. It was a little awkward when he caught me staring at him a couple of times.

This is tough. Williams brought legitimacy after the Stockton and Malone days. Mitchell saved us when we thought losing Hayward would mean years of the tank. I think I have to go with Mitchell. He was the more consistent all-star for us. But realistically they are so close as to be all but meaningless in comparison.
We could have gotten Luka Doncic.