What's new

Deron still the #2 PG in the league

kelly_dwyer.jpg

^ FAIL

I love the last line of this trash, "Even if New Orleans makes another lottery appearance, it hardly matters. Paul is the cream of this crop." I must be from Utah I guess, where team success is far more valuable than individual statistics. The day someone says this about a player on the Jazz is the day I stop caring about the Jazz.

reminds me of the game when Collison went for 20 assist and then espn or si went back though the game and he really had 13 assist. Dang I wish Williams had there stats team counting his assist to. Its really easy to average 12 assist if you only have 7 and your countin crew is helping you

reminds me of the game when Collison went for 20 assist and then espn or si went back though the game and he really had 13 assist. Dang I wish Williams had there stats team counting his assist to. Its really easy to average 12 assist if you only have 7 and your countin crew is helping you

They would give him an assist when he passed a towel to a teammate on the bench.

Wow... https://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/03/09/a-closer-look-at-darren-collisons-alleged-20-assist-night/ <-- I never heard about this. This is huge news and should be shoved in the faces of anyone even remotely questioning the fact that DWill is the top PG in the league.

All that CP3 has going for him is his stats, and if those are being falsely counted, I don't see how you can legitimately put this guy anywhere near a top #10 list, since it's impossible to know if he's just a glorified Luke Ridnour or not?

the author says "one can only hope that Paul can work his way out of this funk and lead the Hornets back to the playoffs."
does he mean that whether or not CP3 is in a funk, he will still be #1?????

just proves how much he is a CP3 homer,

does he mean that whether or not CP3 is in a funk, he will still be #1?????

No, he means he expects Paul to work his way out f the funk. The list is based only on what teh author expects for next season, not what happened last season.

"though in actuality his scoring average dropped a bit and his turnover rate shot up compared to 2008-09."

Umm...

2008-2009 TPG: 3.35
2009-2010 TPG: 3.32

This guy is a complete moron.

"though in actuality his scoring average dropped a bit and his turnover rate shot up compared to 2008-09."

Umm...

2008-2009 TPG: 3.35
2009-2010 TPG: 3.32

This guy is a complete moron.

Actually I'll defend him a little on this issue. He's talking about Deron's turnover rate, not his turnovers per game.

Deron turned the ball over on 10.8% of his possessions used in 2008-2009 and 11% of his possessions used in 2009-2010. His turnovers per game declined because Deron's usage rate declined slightly more than his turnover rate increased, creating a net gain in the direction of fewer turnovers.

That said, his rate hardly "shot up." .2% of all his possessions amounts to a handful of turnovers over the course of an entire season.

Let's face it these guys see the jazz only a handful of times over the course of the season. But still I think D-Will needs to get some props for the Denver series which was on national TV. He certainly was the best PG in the first round of the playoffs. It bothers me when they don't even mention playoff series, I thought that is when it matters the most.

Let's face it these guys see the jazz only a handful of times over the course of the season. But still I think D-Will needs to get some props for the Denver series which was on national TV. He certainly was the best PG in the first round of the playoffs. It bothers me when they don't even mention playoff series, I thought that is when it matters the most.

Sadly, the majority of those games started at 10:30 PM for most of the country.

And while the Jazz are on TV only on special occasions (such as playing against the Fakers), Internet replays are available 24 hours a day.

The writer is a tool.