What's new

Derrick Favors Beasting Against the Bucks

Definitely the best dunk of his career. And quite possibly his best game ever, given the team and the fact Rudy was getting owned. Favors had to step up while Rudy, who is supposedly the DPOY, got benched because his *** was getting kicked. Gobert is tall and has great mobility for his size, but he just isn't physical.

Count me in on the Derrick Favors appreciation thread. I think it's a given the Jazz will either pick up his option, or decline and negotiate a longer term deal. Are they able to do that or would declining his option, which makes him a FA, be the same as renouncing his Bird rights and then he'd have to fit under the cap?

Definitely the best dunk of his career. And quite possibly his best game ever, given the team and the fact Rudy was getting owned. Favors had to step up while Rudy, who is supposedly the DPOY, got benched because his *** was getting kicked. Gobert is tall and has great mobility for his size, but he just isn't physical.

Count me in on the Derrick Favors appreciation thread. I think it's a given the Jazz will either pick up his option, or decline and negotiate a longer term deal. Are they able to do that or would declining his option, which makes him a FA, be the same as renouncing his Bird rights and then he'd have to fit under the cap?

If the Jazz gave up his option, they couldn't resign him. I suspect the Jazz will try and work an extension that everyone can be happy with when it comes down to it.

Favors only kink in his game is a lack of range on his three which is something he can still work on. Everything else is there. I can't remember if I was on board with Favors and a first for Mirotic. If I was, I'll chow down on some crow.

Love faves. Plays hard, gives it all (inclusive his health, considering big time when we were trying to keep hayward, he could, or should, be sitting for rest and take care of a bad knee, but instead made through it, problably taking a lot of painkillers, and still being able to be crucial on a playoff series against clippers playing on one leg), makes us able to guard stretch 4/5 better, provides 48 minutes of top level of big man play and rim protection, and don't make any fuss about his diminished role, just keep himself ready for nights like this

if he's gone in the summer, i'll miss him, even knowing it could be the best for both

Favors looked very, very quick last night. Spry in general. Not just that dunk. But I noticed many, many times, he sprinted it up the court and didn’t labor as much as “Tight Lower Back Derrick” of the last couple years. He looked faster doing it and more comfortable.

Same here. Next-level T-DF-EXPRESS.