What's new

Derrick Favors motor

yeah, I addressed that.

Yes-- but then you repeatedly say that he should average a double double. Unfortunately for Derrick. Robert isa great rebounder as well. How many teams are there in the NBA where the 4 and the 5 both average >10rpg?

Yes-- but then you repeatedly say that he should average a double double. Unfortunately for Derrick. Robert isa great rebounder as well. How many teams are there in the NBA where the 4 and the 5 both average >10rpg?

Very good point. Hopefully with Enes gone, Fav benefits from more Fav/Booker and Fav/Evans line ups.

Very good point. Hopefully with Enes gone, Fav benefits from more Fav/Booker and Fav/Evans line ups.

I checked-- two NBA teams with two players averaging >10rpg

1) Chicago-- with Pau and Noah (Noah averaging 10.0, barely making the cut-off)
2) Detroit-- with Monroe and Drummond -- not largely surprising when considering that after Smith left, and before Jackson came, no-one on that team could really rebound.

As of right now there are 2 teams: Chicago (Gasol and Noah) and Detroit (Drummond and Monroe).

EDIT: New Orleans almost has 2, but Asik is at 9.8 RPG currently.

I just don't care for the metric of being a 20/10 player.

Give me defense, and give me a low amount of offensive rebounds given up from night to night. Who cares if the entire team averages 8 a game. In Lebron's 2 championships who averaged more than 10rpg? Is Bosh a low-motor player because he never broke 10rpg while in Miami?

What are you saying, exactly? Does it really matter which one of the Jazz guys gets the rebound? Is Favs less of a player because he has a good rebounder next to him? He will only be who he should be if he gets a double double every night?

Forgive me. I am not objective when it comes to Favors. Massive homer.

I checked-- two NBA teams with two players averaging >10rpg

1) Chicago-- with Pau and Noah (Noah averaging 10.0, barely making the cut-off)
2) Detroit-- with Monroe and Drummond -- not largely surprising when considering that after Smith left, and before Jackson came, no-one on that team could really rebound.

Keep in mind I have not asked Rudy to average 10+ RPG, and he's not.....yet.

I just don't care for the metric of being a 20/10 player.

Give me defense, and give me a low amount of offensive rebounds given up from night to night. Who cares if the entire team averages 8 a game. In Lebron's 2 championships who averaged more than 10rpg? Is Bosh a low-motor player because he never broke 10rpg while in Miami?

Not asking for 20/10. Just dubs bruh.

Keep in mind I have not asked Rudy to average 10+ RPG, and he's not.....yet.

Well the dude is at 7.5 despite coming off the bench for most of the reason. There is simply no way he doesn't hit 10 later in his career.

What are you saying, exactly? Does it really matter which one of the Jazz guys gets the rebound? Is Favs less of a player because he has a good rebounder next to him? He will only be who he should be if he gets a double double every night?

Forgive me. I am not objective when it comes to Favors. Massive homer.

I'm saying I expect our starting PF to average a double double, and so does he.

My Favors boner is strong, believe me.

I'm saying I expect our starting PF to average a double double, and so does he.

My Favors boner is strong, believe me.

I just don't find the metric of averaging a double double that important. Just my opinion.

Remember that Hayward is getting 5, Burks got over 4, and Millsap is at 3.5. Our wings don't suck at rebounding the ball either.

Kanter was also eating up a lot of rebounds. With him gone, it's not unreasonable to think Favors AND Gobert won't average 10+ rebounds.

I just don't find the metric of averaging a double double that important. Just my opinion.

Exactly. Is 16/10 great while 18/8 would be bad?
If your 5 and 3 are also strong rebounders, dioes it matter if you get all the way to 10? Heck, I'd rather see Rudy gobbling up the rebound and Favors sprinting down the court than have him battling Gobert so he can get that extra 1-2 boards to bring up his average.

I love Derrick. The only problem i have with him is his lack of aggression. He is the strongest player on the court most nights so I wish he would take on more of an aggressor role and start intimidating fools. He is too "nice" imo.

Wait so everyone hates Babypeterzz over wanting Favors to play with more passion and intensity like Karl Malone? He's right you all know Favors lacks a motor.

Favors' defensive rebounding rate (where the rebounds numbers really explode) is pretty low. He's 71st in the league at 20.7%. Kanter wasn't the issue since he's 73rd at 20.5%

Even Gobert isn't great. He's 27th at 24.7.

Jazz are ninth overall in defensive rebounding, which is good. Tells you all positions on the Jazz rebound the ball defensively. Given Favors and even Gobert's relatively low rebounding rate, I would think the Jazz could move to the top 4 in defensive rebounding.