What's new

Did we ever find out what Donovan's foot injury was in 2018?

NUMBERICA

2022 Award Winner
If so, what was it? I don't recall ever seeing any detail whatsoever about what it was.

Here’s what I can tell you:

The FO pushed out the narrative through the Utah media machine that “it’s not a big deal” and that he was “in a boot just as an extreme precaution” and “it’s nothing” and “geez guys, stop asking about this, it’s nothing.” Then 1-2 years later DL give an interview about Donovan and says something like “yeah, you know he suffered a bunch of setbacks and wasn’t able to train/whatever over the summer because of his injury and because he was in a boot” as if he’d been saying that the whole time.

Here’s what I can tell you:

The FO pushed out the narrative through the Utah media machine that “it’s not a big deal” and that he was “in a boot just as an extreme precaution” and “it’s nothing” and “geez guys, stop asking about this, it’s nothing.” Then 1-2 years later DL give an interview about Donovan and says something like “yeah, you know he suffered a bunch of setbacks and wasn’t able to train/whatever over the summer because of his injury and because he was in a boot” as if he’d been saying that the whole time.

This is exactly my recollection.

I’m not sure why anyone thinks the organization gives us anything straight about stuff like this since they, well, don’t.

The point of my question is that it seems there’s a chance this is like that injury, potentially even a re-aggravation.