What's new

DIY "Conspiracy Theory" Help Thread

babe

There's a lot of pretty dysfunctional paranoia in here about conspiracy theories. People seeing conspiracy theories in every closet, under every bed.... hiding in the woods, crawling outta your toilet, swooping down from the skies.

With just a few instructions, I can make you the master of your worst fears......

There's a lot of pretty dysfunctional paranoia in here about conspiracy theories. People seeing conspiracy theories in every closet, under every bed.... hiding in the woods, crawling outta your toilet, swooping down from the skies.

With just a few instructions, I can make you the master of your worst fears......

Tell us the one about Obama making frogs gay again. It's always my favorite.

First of all, as in all "Science", a "theory" is an unproven thing.... literally speaking....an "idea" as yet merely imagined, as opposed to the deeply-seated foundational precepts of society..... which every progressive intuitively knows to be crap that badly needs to be displaced by something Marx once preached, in modernized ideals of course.

uhhhhmmmm…... goes without sayin'...… but that means everyone leaves it to me to say it.....

all "progress" is at root, movin' on past the stuff we dislike. Theories we don't like should require less effort than established Truth we don't like.

Just smile, and be glad it's just a theory, folks. Laugh at it.

Tell us the one about Obama making frogs gay again. It's always my favorite.

Obama? gay?

I thought the theory was that he's transgendered.... or was that Michelle?

You BLM guys are a hoot.

I could imagine that maybe Obama held a community-organizing seminar in the bog at the edge of the Potomac, and maybe got some frogs signed up to vote. But that's about as far as his interest in frogs would go...….

and this is where even OB, in his right mind, would just laugh at the stupidity.

Last edited:
Right now I'm into the "Singularity Event" theory when AI overruns human intelligence. Not so much a conspiracy theory but just as potentially frightening (think Skynet).

So called experts think this will occur around 25-30 years from now; but if you listened to Joe Rogan's podcast last week Elon Musk thinks it will happen much, much, much sooner.

There was definitely a conspiracy theory in my toilet last night. Big ol' stinky conspiracy theory. Kinda like chunky soft-serve ice cream, tbh.

Right now I'm into the "Singularity Event" theory when AI overruns human intelligence. Not so much a conspiracy theory but just as potentially frightening (think Skynet).

So called experts think this will occur around 25-30 years from now; but if you listened to Joe Rogan's podcast last week Elon Musk thinks it will happen much, much, much sooner.

Too bad Siro took some time off here. He's up to date on AI.

When I studied it, the idea was how it could help to have a solenoid turned on by a thermostat to turn the furnace on.

Alex Jones rants a lot about it being the brave new world for the megalomaniacs.... err.... upper class...But really, it's nuts.

Most of us have "AI" operating our systems right now. "Artificial Intelligence" is what we are. Little self-replicating machines self-programmed to read our circumstances and so some standard routine in response.....

How can a machine actually be any worse?

How many humans actually do creative stuff? How many actually do thought process activity?

We flip burgers on grills, for God's sake.

Some say Western Civilization made the turn towards actual human rights as the result of the Black Plague in Europe.

Somehow, there was a labor shortage, and the castles needed help so badly.... the peasants asked for better pay, and then bought books for themselves.

I think it also had something to do with the Vikings, the Scots, the Irish, and some really really bad English kings. Old English common law was the law of the Celts, which fundamentally recognized human dignity....

I think that is what we fear sometimes, in almost all our fears, at root. A "conspiracy" is by definition an attempt to circumvent discovery and informed response. But it takes power to circumvent direct public choice.... either institutionalized or societally-sanctioned privilege, or "professional" expertise of some kind that just shock-and-awes the public into submission.... or whatever. Having generally unknown or misunderstood "connections".

In short, civilization is at root "conspiracy"..... it is a way of doing stuff that presumably we have no means to change.

Any really good progressive would see that as a challenge, not as the goal. And, maybe, laugh at all the while.

Pretty much, the charge of "conspiracy" is always true, whatever we are talking about..... one way or another. We seldom achieve much organization without agreeing on what to do..... and that is always done with some privacy or concern about informing opponents of the plan....
All the differing interests have their concerns, and their friends. Issues like good or evil are generally attributed, or imagined notions…. the plan having some objective characteristics.... but we have our subjective views of it. Is it what we want?

Sanity lives in humor….. having a less than morbid conviction about ourselves, or others.

I do not adhere to any conspiracy theories, but I do know for a FACT that the NBA is rigged and pushes the winning players into bigger markets to maximize profits for the group, along with fixing games to make money for the owners and the league organization itself. Smaller markets accept their "oh so close" status so that the charade can be maintained, and share in the profits through under the table deals and such. Book it.

I'm as comfortable tracing the lines of thought in radical views of stuff as I am in looking at my own "self-defined" Truth.

Because I laugh at them all.

I do not adhere to any conspiracy theories, but I do know for a FACT that the NBA is rigged and pushes the winning players into bigger markets to maximize profits for the group, along with fixing games to make money for the owners and the league organization itself. Smaller markets accept their "oh so close" status so that the charade can be maintained, and share in the profits through under the table deals and such. Book it.

Now, this is a true JazzFanz Community booster.

I think human nature and market forces explain it better than determined purposes effectively achieved by humans, but merely because the existence of the latter is surely a joke.

The Jazz have a fair shot at just being so good they can't be stopped this year.

This is actually a serious, well-proportioned reflection on developing technology with extreme computing power.

Farming, for example, is going AI. sensors in the soil giving real-time data on moisture, temperature, salt and nitrogen or whatever fertilizer is needed, and automatic irrigation, with additives to meet the needs. Farm machinery with no human on board..... just so many sensors and so much data..... you just tell the machine "Go" and set the "Stop" you want.

doing everything from picking the tomatos or fruit, sorting the produce by grade and packaging and packing and loading the AI truck. In a few years, the midnight crew at the grocery store will be gone..... just four or five machines roaming the aisles, filling the shelves.....

you'll shop online, too. From your phone or desk. And the fleet of neighborhood drones will drop it on your doorstep. Where, of course, your personal assistant robot will pick it up and store it appropriately, and later prepare your meal and bring it to the couch for you.....

Alex Jones says the lords of the manors in that scenario will find a lot of humans "useless eaters", and in fact, some forward thinking Malthusian sorts of environmentalists consider it just good sense to "thin the herd" with some really neat wars.

All in all, the more things change the more they stay the same. The above vision is about what feudal Europe was.

anybody laughing? work on it.

I don't think our modern feudalist will prove to be any more effective at suppressing human dignity than the medieval crews.

All of this is still just nonsense, and we'll fail so miserably at nailing down the coffin on the human spirit our children will be mocking us for whatever we try to do.